Thread: Play Ultima Online for free (no Shit)

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Personally i think everyone who pays for playing MMORPG-Games (hope i got that right, ya know, means playing some sort of RPG online with lots of other jerks) is nuts. But that doesnt mean i never wanted to play one myself :grin:

Check this : http://www.silverblades.net/default.html and go to UO -> Free Shard -> Join as Member

Those guys run some sort of "Emulation", means its UO basically, but configured to run on a non-Origin Server, means you dont need to pay. And Origin cant do shit about it because they dont pirate their applications or something. It already runs about 2 years.

Only problem, there are very few people on it. I only met like 7 different persons, even during the "busy hours". May be because i did nothing else than smelting and smithing in Minoc lately, but it seems to have been kinda deserted by players, dunno if thats the chase with "normal" UO too.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I was playing on a free french roleplay server until yesterday, when I left cause it was too shitty.

I was probably one of the best RP'ers in that place.
    JM

Registered
    Oct 2003
    cool gonna give it a try.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    And here I thought the game itself turned freeware. :x
    ldhat:
    AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
    Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Registered
    Aug 2003
    Hmm never played that game! I still think Thievery is the best! ^.^
    I'll wait for World of Warcraft!!! w00t
    "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Lucky that i still found the UO-CD which was in the Package with Ultima 9 when i bought it years ago :grin: .

PS : Look for an apprentice Miner (although im apprentice Swordsmann/Smith too) called "Ralph the Liar" when ya come around the Minoc forge. But dont steal my ingots ya taffers!

That's not the only UO emulation server, there's probably a few hundred player run shards out there.

If you just go to google there's several top hundred lists.

http://www.gamesites200.com/ultimaonline/

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Hey, Cool I think I'll try that out. "Ralph the Liar" huh?, So is it like a MUD or is where you can see scenery and your character something like that?
    "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

I waited a long time for e free mmorpg (excludes Tibia)
    Now i can play good things for free

.. but i think that tut is the best
    Long lieve Thievery :swordthi:
    My english isnt the best!

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Lol, the first-ranked in that list is a russian server running and old cracked Version. Never trust online ranking pages. Ill check the second-ranked, but if thats shit too ill stick to the Silverblades...maybe we could make an UO-TUT Guild when enough ppl from Thievery join ^^

Registered
    Oct 2003
    That sounds awsome, I'd love to play Ultima Online (especially for free) :twisted:
    I played Asheron's Call for a year before I moved on. That was an awsome game. The worst thing about MMORPG's is the monthly fee.
    Only problem is that I can't seem to find anyone selling UO in New Zealand, even second hand...

Registered
    Nov 2003
    To my knowledge, the "Abyss" shard is one of the most (if not the most) densely populated player-made UO shards. However, I think that's because the player base consists of both, largely, Russians and Americans.

The last time I was there, the two groups were arguing a lot...which actually made the game more exciting, especially when your roleplaying! Worth looking into if your a UO fan anyway;

http://www.theabyss.ru/eng/news.html (Currently 387 players online).

Registered
    Jun 2003
    I only met russians - kinda hard to communicate. And it runs a very old version, 1.xxx somewhat i believe. I just didnt like it, cant help - many players dont necessarily mean a good gaming experience. Moved to the second one, Archeronne.

But my stats did raise waaay slower than on the Silverblades, maybe there was some Skillboost thingie installed . To be honest i think i wont play anymore. UO has great game mecanics (that carpentering or tailoring stuff for example, really cool), and the stuff that can happen is also cool (like some prick grabbing ingots worth 200 i had laying around on the floor, coming back and trying to prank me with that. I had 150.000 on the bank so i was rather unimpressed and so he dusted off calling me a fool ^_^) but i simply lack the dedication (and time) which is necessary to build up a decent character. Uh hell i saw some guys which played for years, had superduper characters with superduper equipment but where obviously so bored they ran around and pked newbie miners. Way to spend your time

Registered
    Mar 2003
    This... game... sucks...

Give me Ultima 8 anyday instead of this.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Argh! Ultima 8.... So bad. "I'm the avatar, the living vessel of virtue. Watch as trick and murder my way out of this world."

It's the Ultima where you are forced to play evil.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    I like it! :twisted:

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Theres some sort of Emulation for Ultima 7 which is called "Exult" - lets you play with smoother graphics and other nifty stuff. I wonder if something similar is available for Ultima 8....i mean i can play it in DOS, but after 2 Minutes the pixels kinda destroy my eyesight (and to read the words i need to step back 2 meters from the monitor )

Thread Information