View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of guild titles on the forum?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, for leaders and members.

9 50.00%
  • Just for guild leaders.

4 22.22%
  • No.

5 27.78%

Thread: Forum Titles

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I think it would be awesome if guild leaders had guild leader titles on the forum. Maybe even members too. Each person/guild leader would have to request it and only serious guilds would be honored.
    BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I think this would be best just for guild-leaders. Imagine how much work it would be to keep guild-members titles updated. Dalai wouldn't have the time to finish 1.3.

Btw, wouldn't this poll fit better in the Bug Reports & Suggestions forum?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Maybe even Gen Discussion? I agree with mOdEtWo about this!

Where exactly would the titles appear?

Perhaps there could be SMALL guild-specific avatars that could be assigned to members & appear below their individual avatar.

However, I don't know how big a task this would be (probably not worth the effort) & would require guild leaders to be granted limited moderator access (so they can change who is on the list for their guild).

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dan
    Where exactly would the titles appear?
    The title will appear under your forum-username. Check the dev's, they all got one.
    Perhaps there could be SMALL guild-specific avatars that could be assigned to members & appear below their individual avatar.
    Yes, but the forum-users can do this by themselves. All members in one guild, could use the same avatar with the tag etc.
    However, I don't know how big a task this would be (probably not worth the effort) & would require guild leaders to be granted limited moderator access (so they can change who is on the list for their guild).
    No, why would a leader want to do that? The only ones that have admin/moderator access here, is Predator, Dalai and Thwark. And that's enough.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Well, I think the best thing would be if Mods gave giving all guild members titles and the leaders made requests. I think it would only be a bit of work to start and easy to keep up. But if things get annoying they can disable them for guild members and just keep them for leaders. I think this will make it easy for people to contact leaders about joining.
    BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Bad idea in my opinion. This is just a general forum for thievery. Let the guilds build up their own forum with all the nice hacks installed.
    What will be the advantages about this? I think it's just part of a "hey I have a custom rank, i'm above you...." thing. I don't like it.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Agreed with Omega.

Only cool people like me should get a caption.

EDIT : You, my friend, aren't cool. :roll:
    JM

Gotta vote no on the idea. I know how much work it is just to keep up with my own teams forum ranks at Crackaz. With all the guild changes going on, and all the changes in membership even of stable guilds, the amount of upkeep for the mods here would be far too much. I wouldn't wish that on them.

Thread Information