Thread: Th-Warehouse update?

I'm (finally) considering a warehouse update to fix bugs and to solve any possible balancing issues. I make no promises that I will actually DO it. Dalai can testify to my laziness, and even if I do manage to update the map i'm likely to accidentally delete it. But I can always try.

So, please post bugs or suggestions for Th-Warehouse and please keep it on-topic. The whole point of making a seperate post for this is that I won't have to look through other posts to find complaints/bugs.
    Black Cat Games - Ex-Map Deleter/Tester

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Add more carryable crates!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I don't see anything wrong at all with Warehouse.
    JM

Some of the smashable items taken from Unreal don't use the Thievery specific fragment spawn actors. This causes some servers to crash (coughcoughcrackazcough).

There are a couple areas where you can fall out of the map from the rooftops. Usually high enough to kill, unless done with a catfall.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Theres those two vases that can be picked up as guards and add up to their returned loot.

Maybe you should also consider making the map a bit more guardfriendly, instead of having them run everywhere all the time...
    I haven't played warehouse that much though, so maybe you shouldn't listen to whatever I'm saying.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Well, there is the roof exit I think should be removed/prevented.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Hm imho, warehouse is a very balanced map with no need for improvement ^^

Mebbe just make the tunnel to the altar-thing in the secret area which is reachable by opening some particular floor-tile in a (was it a? didnt play for some time ) a lil bit bigger...its a bit tricky to get out.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    You know that voice in your head? Well...
    Regarding that secret area- could be a little bit bigger. have trouble moving in there at the moment.

I am for keeping the roof exits (probably minority).

There is a ring in a crate that is tantalizinly out of of reach. Maybe make it reachable?

Not much I can see need fixing. Like it is it is. Requires a different style of gaurding then simply camping a spot, and bit more teamwork, but I find that a good thing.
    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Registered
    Aug 2003
    yeah the roofs exits sucks... its too easy... same as Nostalgia :|
    "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Dodging 6 guards in the streets of Bourgeois
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebos
    There is a ring in a crate that is tantalizinly out of of reach. Maybe make it reachable?
    Try leaning forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Schleicher
    Hm imho, warehouse is a very balanced map with no need for improvement ^^
    I think it could use some tweaking...right now, it's difficult for even three very good guards to protect it against a single skilled thief. In my opinion, I think that's the sign of an unbalanced map...3 great guards, one thief...the thief should be the one having the hard time, not the guards.

Maybe have less entrances to the Warehouses (Which I'm hesitant on, I like how there's tons of ways in) or make another "clump" of loot that can be guarded...I dunno, there's lots of things you could do. As it is, there's not even a really good spot to place traps, unless you're camping the key.[/quote]
    Dragon: Unforgiven Keeper. Swift, silent, smooth-talking. Militaristic, a formidable opponent. Winner.

I think I mentioned this on IRC, but here goes:

Make the roof exit a tiny bit more obvious so people will use it more during the game. Not necessarily easier to get to, but so that everyone could get there if they had a crate or two. And making it possible to go the other way too wouldn't hurt. (I think it's still possible with two crates and a lot of patience, tho)

And then redesign the exit zone.

ie. A proper gatehouse the thieves need to go through instead of that metal gamezone border thingie gate you got there now.
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by -=V12US=-
    Theres those two vases that can be picked up as guards and add up to their returned loot.
    The herb bags do that too.

On the whole crate-crashing thing, get rid of that silly-looking brown crate in the middle of nowhere and replace it with a conventional Thievery™ crate. It's easy to accidently land on it and BAM! no more server.

Keep the secret exit. Be sure to have a guard, uh, guard it.

You guys sure that 3 guards can't do it against 1 thief? One in B\Holy Grail, one on the Private Vault\PV key, and one in WH1 office\General WH1\Spilled box. With smart AI placement, how can you lose?

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Considering that im a sucky thief the argument that i had hard times to get stuff togheter when thieving this map doesnt count :grin:

But almost everytime i was guarding us guardsies gave them pesky thieves a hard time. Ai can be placed quite wicked, and if the loot spawn isnt really really optimal this one can't be rushed against guards with a plan.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    The wall between the spawn and the warehouses can be jumped over if a speed potion is used. This makes the personal vaults a cinch to get if the key spawns in warehouse A. I'd say make the wall a bit taller to prevent this.
    <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Firetiger
    The wall between the spawn and the warehouses can be jumped over if a speed potion is used. This makes the personal vaults a cinch to get if the key spawns in warehouse A. I'd say make the wall a bit taller to prevent this.
    You don't need a speed.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    All in all, I think the whole map leans a little to the theives, not sure how you could alter it to make it harder for them.. possibly reducing the amount or possiblily of the scattered loot so that maybe at least 1 of the major stashes is required to win?
    ~TuF~

Registered
    Jun 2003
    No? Well my point still stands, it's too easy to rush the key. Or the warehouse itself for that mater.
    <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMachine
    All in all, I think the whole map leans a little to the theives, not sure how you could alter it to make it harder for them.. possibly reducing the amount or possiblily of the scattered loot so that maybe at least 1 of the major stashes is required to win?
    Hmm, I was under the impression that it was..at least that was my intention...
    Black Cat Games - Ex-Map Deleter/Tester

Registered
    Jan 2004
    I reckon exit zones should be guardable on all maps. The current exit is very large and easy for thieves (esp since there are a relatively complex surrounding dark areas for sniping/crack) and thus the roof exit should go.

Thread Information