Thread: Sunday RLF Skirmish

Registered
    Jan 2003
    This is a repost from the TTLG forums, with consolidated information.
    There have been enough threads on this already, so I'll spare introdutory details. The challenging team has been assembled, and assuming they all choose to accept their positions, the following is the team that will be ghosting against the RLF on Sunday. And now, I present to you, the challengers: *drum roll*

Buho
    Killswitch
    PhaeThorn
    WildBill

Alternate: Ordinator

This was randomly selected with the aid of a single United States quarter from the list of interested ghosters, and my slot was no exception. Assuming he agrees, Ordinator will be serving as an alternate. If one of the team members can not make it, or is unable to stay for all three rounds or something comes up, he'll fill in for the absent member. I will be contacting everyone with PMs in the next couple minutes with more details.

Server settings have mostly been decided (Still waiting for Gerbil to decide on the loot drop percect), and will be posted here when final. The match will be at 14:00 EST, 19:00 UTC, this Sunday, on the CTG private server. Password will be provided to competitors in a PM. Anyone interesting in spectating, post here, there will be free server slots. In addition, if the RLF could post here a list of their members who will be taking part in this, that would be nice.

Server settings for this match will be:
    (Only important ones listed)
    AI Skill: Genius
    Percent Loot Dropped: 100%
    Thief Starting Loot: 600
    Guard Starting Loot: 850
    Time Limit: 30 minutes

There will be a practice match tomorrow on the CTG private server at 16:00 EST (21:00 UTC) today (Saturday). If the people listed could PM me here, or on TTLG if needed for some reason, by tomorrow morning to confirm you can make both the match and practice, I'll send the passwords.

Right now the RLF has:

Mad_Gerbil
    The_Judge
    Kore_MacLeod
    Yuri
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

I'm definately interested in spectating. Please reserve me a spot, as I can use all the knowledge I can get.

-me.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    This pwnage was given to you by 1 of 3 mutated thievery players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    I'm definately interested in spectating. Please reserve me a spot, as I can use all the knowledge I can get.

-me.
    Be sure to spectate the wining team ( thieves )

Anyways, spectate all you want. I don't mind ... but maby others do mind. I dunno.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    PMs are away to the thieves with the details about the practice session today. Buho and Ordinator, I didn't see accounts for you here, so I sent them on TTLG, PM me here if you need it again.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Would it be possible for the server to record the match?

This way information of all player locations and stuff would be available in the demo.

(Might hurt the demo filesize, tho)
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Quote Originally Posted by DeepQantas
    Would it be possible for the server to record the match?

This way information of all player locations and stuff would be available in the demo.

(Might hurt the demo filesize, tho)
    The server itself can't record a demo. It will record a chatlog. That won't show player locations, though.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Practice concluded. LR, you can have your server back. ^_^ The map change delay didn't seem to be present, don't know why.

Buho and Ordinator! PM me and let me know if you can make the match tomorrow, we missed ya at practice today.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBill
    Practice concluded. LR, you can have your server back. ^_^ The map change delay didn't seem to be present, don't know why.
    I noticed that as well, during our practice just prior to yours. Not sure why, the HD hasn't been changed out yet, and it's still in the same transfer mode....

*shrug*

Hope that holds for you tomorrow as well, then.

Registered
    May 2002
    Doesn't enabling local logging on the server cause delays when changing maps? I think I read that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalai
    Doesn't enabling local logging on the server cause delays when changing maps? I think I read that somewhere.
    Enabling ngStats logging can cause a lot of delay on a server at map change. There's a lot of information that the server has to send to the ngStats site and that slows things down. That's for UT, don't know what would happen in Thievery.

Unless I'm missing what you're asking?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    What's the maximum amount of spectators ? I don't think I would add much lag to the game , but thievery has a rather limited number of connected players... (PM me if possible)

Registered
    Jan 2003
    The match is over. Results are here: http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1046

Thread Information