Thread: Ut 2003 ever?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I am just finishing up my first ever DromEd Thief mission, which i will be announcing on these forums (just cuz im a jackass like that) :grin:, and I am getting ready to start my first ThieveryUt misssion. My question, is TuT is going to be upgrading to Ut2003 in the near future? (yay 1 month, 1 year or 2 years). My worst fear is to work 6 months on a fantastic Thieverut mission only to have the mod upgraded to Ut2003 1 week after release :wink: . If some kind of moderator or somone could clear this up for me so i can get going on my new mission (Ut editor, or Ut2003 editor) it would be greatly appriciated

Timmy_Tiger (jackass :grin: )

Registered
    Jan 2003
    From what the devs have said, there is no plan to remake the game for UT2003. What I hope/believe they are considering for their next Theivery mod is to give T3 multiplayer.

But we gotta wait and see for that. So make your mission, nothing is gonna change for a while.

Kiech

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Hey guess what? Santa Hat season is coming...
    Is it that time of month again? When a noob asks the same question that's been asked once every month since I don't know how long? :roll:

the forums, guys!!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Don't expect Thievery to move to UT2003, this decade or ever.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Gullonefox has said that he intends to do Thievery for UT2003, but that not all the dev team is with him, and that it'll be some time yet, as in measured on a calendar (or calendarS).

Registered
    Jan 2003
    thanks guys, i hope your all right

there are both good things and bad things about 2k3

Good:
    better graphics, having crap like wall jumps (i dunno, they could probably use something that uses this code to make a nice thief technique), will know that everyone has a system that can handle the maps

Bad:
    Not everyone would follow. Would require to rework almost the entire mod. I would be forced to buy UT2k3

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiech Bepho
    From what the devs have said, there is no plan to remake the game for UT2003. What I hope/believe they are considering for their next Theivery mod is to give T3 multiplayer.

But we gotta wait and see for that. So make your mission, nothing is gonna change for a while.

Kiech
    Meh? T3 is going to have MP support anyway. It would be worthless making an MP mod for it.

LM
    Sh33p! Shaepard i yam!

Where be that taffer Williams?

Registered
    May 2002
    no, it won't.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by LazerMane
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiech Bepho

Kiech
    Meh? T3 is going to have MP support anyway. It would be worthless making an MP mod for it.

LM
    So far the word is that ION STORM is not even thinking about MP for T3. They really just want to make a kick-arse FPS. Check out this link for a word from the horses mouth. The good news is, that the buzz from some of the TUT insiders is that after T3 comes out, the Thievery team WILL consider giving T3 MP.

But Warren Spector could change his mind...ya just gotta wait for it.

Kiech

It would be doubtful they could though. Not to say the programmers aren't good enough but, to take a game with no net code and build the entire multiplayer engine from scratch, that's a huge challenge.

Thread Information