Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to turn friendly fire off?

Registered
    May 2004
    maybe it would help to hide the kill stats until the mission is finished?

Having an option to Turn FF off would be like having an option to Turn Parasites off.

People hate both of them... but they're both obstacles the players need to overcome. It's part challenge and part masochism.

Hay, I'm on your side!
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Registered
    May 2004
    They need to make hurting friendlies also hurt the shooter somehow. Maybe you take 50% (or even 100%) of the damage you deal to friendlies? maybe a better solution is to reduce kills every so much friendly fire you do since pretty much the only people who knowingly tk people are the kill mongers who find killing a friendly and 2 aliens a fair trade.

Registered
    May 2004

Whoa!

In the end we just played for a bit longer and there where less and less tk's over time. Personally I enjoy the concentration and skill needed in this game. I think though that they (the other people in my lan) didnt realize that you could kill each other. Just took time to adjust to the game, thats all. My suggestion would be, A big huge message that says you can kill eachother if your not carefull. And leave it at that. or make it part of the training scenario.

Thread Information