Thread: Alien Swarm pickups

Alien Swarm pickups

Hello

The chan is created and the bot is ready to go,come to #Swarm.pickup on quakenet.

Currently in need of some servers,feel free to bring yours

Lets get those F***ing bugs together

Yea channel is now active!

This chan is geared for ppl who want to play well organised games of AS in Single Mission or Campaign modes with others.

You join the pickup stating your class BEFORE you join the server! Then when you join everyone picks the class they chose in IRC.

Just type !add to play

Its very easy to setup and play so come along to the channel and blast some bugs!
    Last edited by Fwee; 30th May 2004 at 06:35 PM.
    www.utskills.com
    #Swarm.Pickup on irc.quakenet.org -=Official Alien Swarm Pickup Channel Powerd by Multiplay.co.uk=-
    #UTSkills on irc.quakenet.org

Registered
    May 2004
    Yep I'm there along with 27 other people, growing fast.. just need a passworded server, anyone?

Ok we have a server and a bot now and the channel is pretty active w/ games goin on all the time! So all you Explosive experts , Special weaps masters , Tech wizzes and life saving medics get on down to #Swarm.Pickup on Quakenet (irc.quakenet.org) and come join the action.
    www.utskills.com
    #Swarm.Pickup on irc.quakenet.org -=Official Alien Swarm Pickup Channel Powerd by Multiplay.co.uk=-

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Talk about a misleading topic...

q-net sucks :p
    The Man

Join the official Alien Swarm irc channel:
    #AlienSwarm on irc.starchat.net

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Furthermore, I don't see why this needed to be hosted on quakenet anyway? Could have hosted it on starchat near #alienswarm so people don't need to connect to another server.

but then the 40 other ppl allready usin the chan would have to go reconnect to another server :p

We use Qnet cuz its a gaming network that were all familiar with and all the ppl I know that play UT plus all the top UT clans use Qnet and we also we host our main chan there too.

In a nutshell its on there cuz thats where the majority of EU UT players congregate =]
    www.utskills.com

Registered
    May 2002
    I agree, if people want to use Quakenet to organise games, that's cool. Starchat isn't a gaming network, you can't even /dns someone to find out their IP, which sucks for organising games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalai
    I agree, if people want to use Quakenet to organise games, that's cool. Starchat isn't a gaming network, you can't even /dns someone to find out their IP, which sucks for organising games.
    Can we get some 'official' backing from you guys then? :p
    www.utskills.com

Registered
    May 2004
    Maybe the Alien Swarm team should consider a official mod channel on q-net also since thats where most likely their largest player base will be hanging out ?

Registered
    Jan 2004
    Hm not a bad idea
    Meow.

Dalai is allready hangin in the pickup chan =]
    www.utskills.com

If you want a server for pickups pop into #mpukhosting and have a chat with me will see if we cant get something arranged.

nice! Whats you IRC nick? were in the chan now but cant see you. :/
    www.utskills.com

Sorry just finishing off before I go to bed 1am here. Catch me tomorrow. Nick will be Steve|wfh or something similar

ok it'll be cozm0 or myself =]
    www.utskills.com

Thread Information