Thread: Can't choose roster??

Can't choose roster??

I started a server last night, and my friend joined. However, he couldn't even click on the roster tab. He couldn't do ANYTHING. When I chose start, it told him to click "Ready." He had no ready button to click. When I forced him to be ready, he could only spectate the server. Thinking maybe I set something up wrong on the server, I asked him to start one. When he started a server, the same thing happened to HIM. He couldn't even choose a roster on his own server! Anyone else run into this?

Registered
    May 2002
    I've seen it sometimes take a while for the Ready button to appear and the roster tab become clickble - probably because the client is waiting for the mission info to be replicated from the server.

Yes, but we tried it multiple times, AND it happened when HE created a server! I mean, he created a server, and HE still couldn't click anything, even AS the server. Also, when I was hosting, we sat and chatted about it for quite a while, and tried multiple times.

Registered
    May 2002
    Very strange. Have you tried creating a dedicated server and seeing if you have more luck there?

That wouldn't do us any good, we only have 2 computers. The problem is this: pretend that he's alone. I don't exist. He wants to start a server. He starts it, but cannot click on the roster tab of his own server. Why? When I start one, I can do everything. What is wrong with HIS specific setup?

Also, he has a fresh install of AS, fairly fresh install of UT2k4 with patch.

Registered
    May 2002
    Um. Can he play singleplayer fine?

He hasn't tried. We downloaded this to play together. I'll ask him to try, and get back to you here.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Did you/he try to edit lines in AoCampainInfo.ini or did you/he accidently delete it?

We had that happening once, where we wanted to back up some saved games and I forgot to to place the file back. All marines appeared to be dead.

As far as I know, he is running a fresh install of UT2k4 with patch, and fresh install of AS. Basically exactly like mine, but mine works and his doesn't. (He lives in a different state, so I can't look at his system directly).

Registered
    May 2004
    Are you sure he didn't accidently hit the chat button? You can't click anything untill you hit enter.

We were chatting back and forth a lot, trying to figure out why he couldn't click anything. I'm sure that's not it. I'm still waiting for him to try the above suggestions.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Let us know if the above did the trick for him.

Registered
    May 2004
    this may sound a little strange but make sure your console keey isn't bound to `(the 1 under Escape) mate had this in last nights game and this is how he fixed it (plays to much half-life hence the bind )

Thread Information