Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Alien Swarm map in design phase; question for the devs

I don't know what you guys are setting your brightness at, but it looks perfect to me. O_o

Registered
    Jan 2003
    It is always a good idea to brighten up an in-game screenshot, no matter what kind of game you play.

Registered
    May 2004
    That screenshot looked okay to me when I first saw it, but now it seems really dark, wierd.

Here are few more work-in-progress screenshots to tide you over. I gamma boosted these a little, so you people running 0.05 gamma can see them

Here's the spawn point, a temporary camp near the crash site (going to add more detail later):

Here's the wrecked ship again. I tweaked it a bit in Maya to make it look more roughed up, and as you can see added plenty of fire and sparks to drive the point home

Here's part of the rather long debris trail left by the ship as it plowed into the terrain:

I'll have more for you later. Right now I'm modelling the dirt/sand chimney formations that the aliens come spewing out of in Pitch Black. They should make excellent continuous spawn points

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Love it. Can't wait to see the final.
    Telic Corporation

I can test it for you if u want... It looks awsome ... Are you going to make the lovely flying part? Id love to see those small bugs come from one side in a wave to be killed by sentrys, flamers and miniguns

I can test it for you if u want... It looks awsome ... Are you going to make the lovely flying part? Id love to see those small bugs come from one side in a wave to be killed by sentrys, flamers and miniguns

Registered
    May 2004
    Badass... cant wait.
    Aww man... no image sigs...

Quote Originally Posted by Rehevkor
    I'm designing a map for Alien Swarm based on the movie Pitch Black.
    You rock. I like this idea. As I've almost finished the campaign of AS, I'll be needing something else soon - this is most timely

Thread Information