Thread: Awsome MOD! "Features i would like in the next patch"

Registered
    May 2004

Awsome MOD! "Features i would like in the next patch"

Hi well first of all i wanna say "awsome" mod this has to be one of the best mods out there for ut2004.

Features i would like:

1) Closecombat weapon (Ex, Sword, Axe stuff like that.)
    Those closecombat weapons should have a faster attackrate then the meleeattack option for rifles.

2) This idea changes alot of the roles tho but would be nice i guess,
    Sergeant has flamethrower as specialskill.

3) When a sentry kills a alien, the guy that placed the sentry should get the kill. Also a sentry should have 400 ammo.

4) Healing people 4 times should give you one star, heal 8 times and you should get 2 stars.

5) Mines should be a special item for the Tech and also work somewhat differant.

6) Ithink grenades should be a nice feature aswell giving a more wipe em out feeling to the mod .

7) Would be cool with a more advance star-system or skill-system.
    That with stars you can also get new abilitys such as "extra itemslot"
    or "iron sight" (cant hurt teammates) stuff like that. This would make campaigngame even more fun.

8) New enemys such as "Evil Corp. Marines", "Infested Marine" (Zombielike), more mini-map-bosses. "Cyborg", " ? " (But it would be cool with a predatorlike enemy)

But i know the mod hasent been released for many days so i will give ya all a breake No one earned it more then you guys!!!
    Thanx for a great mod that i really hope will envolve in time......

I dunno about the majority of u suggestions but as far as grenades go Id like to see them be able to be added to a weapon individually and with more types:

Incendry, flash, stun, frag etc =]

Also I think the flashlight should be added to the weapon rather than the player
    www.utskills.com
    #Swarm.Pickup on irc.quakenet.org -=Official Alien Swarm Pickup Channel Powerd by Multiplay.co.uk=-
    #UTSkills on irc.quakenet.org

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by VonFIDDE
    Hi well first of all i wanna say "awsome" mod this has to be one of the best mods out there for ut2004.

Features i would like:

1) Closecombat weapon (Ex, Sword, Axe stuff like that.)
    Those closecombat weapons should have a faster attackrate then the meleeattack option for rifles.
    Good idea but perhaps an axe or sword is too medevil..perhaps a S.W.A.T. type knife would be suitable

2) This idea changes alot of the roles tho but would be nice i guess,
    Sergeant has flamethrower as specialskill.
    Great idea....but perhaps as you level up with the Sergeant Class this could become available

3) When a sentry kills a alien, the guy that placed the sentry should get the kill. Also a sentry should have 400 ammo.
    This would make the game more like the Counter Strike "Plant the Bomb - Get Frags" way of playing and perhaps not suitable

4) Healing people 4 times should give you one star, heal 8 times and you should get 2 stars.
    This is actually a good idea but the amount of times healing ensues could be increased and only subject to Single Player

5) Mines should be a special item for the Tech and also work somewhat differant.
    Great idea...however this would make the Tech Expert a Explosives Expert as well and perhaps not suitable...

The classes are well suited to they're purpose methinks.

6) Ithink grenades should be a nice feature aswell giving a more wipe em out feeling to the mod .
    Grenades are a fantastic idea...would make keeping your team safe a tactical play as well

7) Would be cool with a more advance star-system or skill-system.
    That with stars you can also get new abilitys such as "extra itemslot"
    or "iron sight" (cant hurt teammates) stuff like that. This would make campaigngame even more fun.
    Dunno about this one....

8) New enemys such as "Evil Corp. Marines", "Infested Marine" (Zombielike), more mini-map-bosses. "Cyborg", " ? " (But it would be cool with a predatorlike enemy)
    Woohoo now theres a grand idea ;D (seriously)

These are just my opinions and nothing else...subject to critism so feel free too
    Champagne for My Real Friends, Real Pain for My Sham Friends.

Registered
    May 2004
    I wonder what SynTech would need ugly, smelling Cyborg for, or the aliens for that matter.
    "I am tormented by dreams of our death, And grief at what is to come.
    For in dreams I have seen / The heavens falter, And the stars drop from the sky.
    In my dreams / Creation ceases without a sound. I have seen the destruction of the Way."

Registered
    May 2004
    Some of these ideas are good, but most don't need to happen to improve the game. Ideas like that in the next patch (read: patch) would make a too drastic effect on gameplay. The next few patches will likely include a few minor changes because the gameplay is solid already. Though, a few of these ideas are cool to think about...

one thing i agree about is the flashlight, the weapons should come with flashlights alrdy on em , i mean its so dark in there anyhow

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Umm, guys there are stun, frag, and incindeary grenades already. The rilfe has frag, the P-rifle has stun, and the auto-shotgun has incinderary. Look at the controls under options and set a button for the grenades.

Registered
    Jun 2004

Lightbulb

hi all this is my first message so if something has been mentioned on this forum before sorry for repeating it...

first off *Lockback* i think they were refering to being able to choose what type of grenades they want for their weapons, instead of having a rifle that can only fire ordinary grens you could choose to use incindeary.. etc.

what i would like to see (sorry if been mentioned) is an option to display a map. so that you can see where your going and where the objectives are... obviously someone would have a map.. how did they give you the objectives and tell you to go to the "Sub junction* etc... although the twist would be that the map your given is from *BEFORE* contact was lost/ alien incursion so you dont know if a corridor will be blocked off. it could be put in as an option to look at during play or something you only get to see during the mission briefing and shows you where the objectives are or in some cases where the objective most likely is. It could probably be an *Extra* item that you have an option to take with you. surely it can be done... onslaught has a maps for its levels..

Also... LOVE THIS MOD! YOUR ALL GENIUS'S!

would love to see a level like *Enter base, explore, go to control room, findout what happened and that sensors detect aliens... theyll arive in 10 mins... you have sentry's,the torch for sealing doors and ammo... but you have to fight it out for 30 mins before extraction..* (might sound slightly familiar...) bit like ALIENS... would make good fun online.
    although might be fun to have the option to reload sentry's if it was gonna be 30 mins... and the base could have limited supplies... would take someone with a good sense of balance to make and the ability to reload sentry's... .

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Akalamanaia
    I wonder what SynTech would need ugly, smelling Cyborg for, or the aliens for that matter.
    If you can't beat 'em, use biological weapons.

Just wondering: Is there any way these small spin-off threads for suggestions could be amalgamated into one single post/forum? They're hard to keep track of.

Registered
    May 2004
    How about a sticky post named "suggestions"?

Well, topic related.

I'd like to see inthe next release:

-More weapons (Or greater loadouts per weapon, i keep running out of ammo)
    -Mod support? (I'd like to see what on earth would happen if I mix AS with UT2004RPG or instagib, for example)
    -Melee weapon sounds good, but I'm pretty sure a combat knife is a little too small when you are facing an alien with 4 arm-sized blades for hands (Combat machete? :p)
    -turrets turn around, looking for targets in ALL vicinity
    -New aliens. I like what AS has now, but I can get tired (Yes... i admit it) of seeing the same enemies once and again. Perhaps dividing the alien adults into scouts, workers, warriors, royal warriors...
    -Do whatever you want to the flashlight, but what I want is to actually be able to *see* where the flashlight is pointed at.

Oh, yeah... Something I'd love to see in Alien Swarm... Energy/Laser weapons.

Maybe the team could think about an expansion pack?

Registered
    Jun 2004
    sounds like a good idea

Registered
    May 2004
    The more advance rpg-system would be nice if there was big campaigns im talking about 20-30 missions but for now the minor rpg-system is nice. Getting kills with sentryguns is 2 help the Tech getting more combatexperiance. About the mines i feel that a sergeant should be based more on combat then well defense thats why i would like a starskill thing for flamethrower instead (Increase range per level, or damage or maybe both).

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Isocryd
    -Melee weapon sounds good, but I'm pretty sure a combat knife is a little too small when you are facing an alien with 4 arm-sized blades for hands (Combat machete? :p)
    an energy blade or something like that would be cool^^

(left arm)

wh40k terminator btw

Registered
    Jun 2004
    This is indeed a great mod. Kudos to all the developers and testers!

What I'd like to see in the future of this mod is
    a) an easier "easy difficulty" mode.
    b) more maps!

Cheers,
    Vurt

Thread Information