Thread: Misiion 2.... er 2

Registered
    Feb 2004

Misiion 2.... er 2

Is there any way you could make the buggered door open a bit wider, theres nothing more annoying than playing a good game till that point and to have your marines act like complete goombas and wedge each other in the door.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Did you ever try and hit the switch next to it?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    i did but i can never get through quick enough without one of my marines dying. They just seem to wedge against each other and then proceed to get eaten.

Registered
    May 2004
    I agree. There should be something done about the way stupid AI marines get wedged in vent shafts and narrow openings. Then you have to manaully do it youself, but by that time, your marine up ahead is already infested and then you have to get out but you cant because of the stupid marines and you're guy is like "holy crap i'm infested, heal me!" and the medic is like "I cant reach you, Wolfe and Crash won't move!" and then Wolfe and Crash reply "We're not moving? YOU need to move for US to get out!" and it turns out Wildcat dies of infestation and then everyone gets infested, and you have to restart the mission.

Yes, it happens exactly like that too.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I agree that the vents could be tweaked a bit more. But the door is just fine for me. Just trow some flares in that room and it's easy.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael
    I agree. There should be something done about the way stupid AI marines get wedged in vent shafts and narrow openings. Then you have to manaully do it youself, but by that time, your marine up ahead is already infested and then you have to get out but you cant because of the stupid marines and you're guy is like "holy crap i'm infested, heal me!" and the medic is like "I cant reach you, Wolfe and Crash won't move!" and then Wolfe and Crash reply "We're not moving? YOU need to move for US to get out!" and it turns out Wildcat dies of infestation and then everyone gets infested, and you have to restart the mission.

Yes, it happens exactly like that too.
    Yep, that description rings a few bells for me, too. Kept on happening to me for a while... damn parasites...

Yet other times the squad quite happily get into the vents without any problems whatsoever.

Mind you, leading the team with someone with a flamethrower is IMo a good way of dealing with the vents, since it makes dealing with lurking parasites much easier.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    thanks fellas, i thought i was retarded and not able to control my chaps. no i know i can control my chaps, but the retarded thing.... hmm dunno.

Thread Information