Thread: Equip page should use the nicks not full name

Equip page should use the nicks not full name

I noticed in the single player the equip page uses the full char name instead of the nick name. I found myself constantly switching back and forward to find out who I was equiping. If it used the nick names all would be good.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Yes, I have to say I found this rather annoying as well, several times thinking 'Who the heck is Corporal Jensen...', it would be nice if you could either use the nicknames only or alternatively use the combined <rank> <first name> <nickname> <lastname> format.

Definately, I think most people memorize the marines by their nicknames.

Registered
    May 2004
    Me too, but I have more or less gotten used to it, but I do call them Sarge, Faith, Crash, Wildcat, etc, instead of the real names, just like in real life, I call my friends by their nicknames and vice versa.

Hehe, being that my nick is Sarge it just makes things confusing for people. Hehe, one time the person playing Sarge was afk and they decide to kick him.... Naturally I'm the one kicked ... But I suppose that's what I get, but heck I've used this nick for 4 years now and I'm not changing :p

Edit by Dalai: Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't speak for the Swarm dev team. I think he's bitter because of friendly fire.

Thanks for the suggestions but no guys, that's part of the game and part of what makes it hard which is how WE want it so we aren't going to change that for you.

we = ?
    Last edited by [CoFR]Jacq; 3rd Jun 2004 at 06:27 PM. Reason: more descriptive version for JRock

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by JRock
    Thanks for the suggestions but no guys, that's part of the game and part of what makes it hard which is how WE want it so we aren't going to change that for you.
    So, you're on the Alien Swarm development team all of a sudden? :p

And what does that have to do with the nicks on the Equipment page? o_O

Registered
    May 2002
    Nice suggestion, and just in time for the 1.1 patch.

So, uhh...

*jumps the suggestion bandwagon*

...how about showing the player names next to portraits, too? It's annoying trying to figure out who's playing who if they're off the screen. Well, it used to be more trouble back when we didn't have Medic! emoticon and people would use chat to shout it.

But still.

Norris -
    (DeepQantas)
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Indeed, I made the same suggestion myself with a couple of other points: in this thread if you wish to view it. http://www.blackcatgames.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4243

Registered
    May 2002
    Hm, not much room up there. Maybe a toggle would work. For now, just hit F1.

Quote Originally Posted by mOdEtWo
    So, you're on the Alien Swarm development team all of a sudden? :p

No, it's called sarcasm. Eventually, when you've been online for a while, you'll learn to be able to detect it.

And what does that have to do with the nicks on the Equipment page? o_O
    My point, which clearly eluded you, was just to show what the common answer is from beta testers and the devteam regarding most suggestions around here.

Have a nice day.

Registered
    May 2004
    Jrock, don't call the developers newbs because they aren't, and you ARE a newbie, we all are, if it wasn't for them creating this mod you couldn't even complain about it, and I think one of the rules is not to insult other users, it doesn't matter that "It happens everywhere" because it has no reason to happen here.

Registered
    May 2002
    JRock: Stop trolling. Thread closed.

Thread Information