Thread: New AS map... kinda

New AS map... kinda

I saw AO-Meat and thought "Wide open field? Feh, sounds kinda weak". So, I set to work making a new 'Constant swarm with levels' map, only instead of an open field, there's a 'circular' track to follow with aliens raining down from the walls, make ten 'laps' to win (make a lap by cycling an airlock to let you make another lap). This, IMO, allows the players to move cooperatively in the same fasion as a normal AS game. You also weld doors open along the way, and/or seal them behind you.

Turns out, I suck at mapping.

I'm not saying I didn't try. If I had a tutor to help me, I'd do better, but after 6 total hours searching static mesh and texture files and finding NOTHING, I'm ready to hand this over to someone else if they want it.

I'd love to play this map, when it's finished. I didn't get too far, but all it needs is doors, lights and aliens.

If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll get it to ya
    Grunt: How dangerous can parasites be?
    Grunt has been infested with a parasite!
    Grunt: Oh, I thought I could step on them.

You can't find the right static mesh? Then produce it yourself -> 3DSMax // Maya

Registered
    Jun 2004
    You can also rip stuff out from the othe maps. It's like copy pasting text. Thats what I do if i'm too lazy to look in the browser.

It's beyond just finding the right one, I can't find ANY.

I suppose I could just copy-paste everything from other maps...
    Grunt: How dangerous can parasites be?
    Grunt has been infested with a parasite!
    Grunt: Oh, I thought I could step on them.

i can imagine some of the fun already
    8 ppl with no teamwork trying to be the last survivor while running like crazy an let their teammates being eaten by aliens
    hey, at least when the aliens are eating your teammates you got 2 seconds to get away and complete another lap around the track :p

Thread Information