• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Subjective Effect
    • Jul 2003

Thievery UEd crashing.

I've just started learning to map.

With my first room, textured, with 1 ligth and one player actor when I play I get upto 10 secs worth of normal movement and then it freezes and a static hourglass comes up.

I thought is was ZoneAlarm so allowed all Unreal progs.

It seems, however, that UE may be spawning multiple versions or something. I only say this because I managed to shut UE down this last time and I saw 4 window tabs in my tool bar when there was only one when I started up.

Can anyone help? I can't believe I'm being screwed at the first hurdle.
  • Radamanthus
    • Jan 2003

An hourglass you say? like hte -please wait- of Windows?

Did you try any builds yet? Ued2 takes a loong time ot compile changes, so be PATIENT. very patient.

Sometimes Ued will crash unexpectedly when you're facing in the direction of a deadly BSP hole (one that when in-game will force you to leave a small crater). try doing a build, then the porblem won't be so borked.

UED spwning multiple versions? never had this happen to me, but the Progress bar will often take up it's own window, and UED does have minimized windown sithin itself, like the Textures menu and such.

Other than that, i cna't help much.
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

• claymore
      Account not validated
      • Dec 2003

Don't use the editor to launch your map. Rename it to TH-Something then fire up thievery ut and then launch your map from the single player selection.

Comment

• Schleicher
        • Jun 2003

Never had problems launching a map from within UED. You should close all other running applications you dont need though (like firewall, virusscanner, pr0n download, music etc). If UED has probs with one simple room and a light, then either you have a very crappy computer (^.^) or something is taking away cycles seriously.
        My leet Thievery Map
        My leet UT3 Map
        My leet AS Map

Comment

• Radamanthus
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by claymore
          Don't use the editor to launch your map. Rename it to TH-Something then fire up thievery ut and then launch your map from the single player selection.
          YES!!!111!!!1!11!

also try making Ued a higher priority.

1)open UED
          2)press Ctrl + Alt + Del
          3)go to the tab that says Processes
          4)Right-click on Unrealed.exe
          5)set priority above normal.
          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

• claymore
            Account not validated
            • Dec 2003

I know what's he talking about becuase it happens to me sometimes when I launch the map from the editor. UT just spawns about 5 windows and crashes for some reason but it doesn't happen every time.

Comment

Working...
            X