X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Machine
    • Jan 2003

End of Turfwars?

Ok, LR's given up TurDwars... is anyone thinking of picking it up or are we calling it a day?
    ~TuF~
  • Chalrif
    • Jan 2003

I think it would be nice to continue it. Most matches spawn off this 'tournament'. If you take out the guild matches, you take out some (if not most) of the guild fun.

If we are to continue, someone that already has moderator status and time on their hands would be the one to take up where LR left off.
    Still -)(The Chosen One)(-

Comment

• Biohazard
      • Jan 2003

I've had an idea for something similar to TurfWars for a while now. Alpha-Omega was able to expand upon the idea and came up with some other creative things as well. I would be willing to administer this new type of league/TurfWar if there weren't any objections to it from the other guilds. I doubt my guild would even be interested in entering anyways...

Comment

• daniel
        • Jan 2003

why not just say TuF is winnar?
        This is my cool sig.

Comment

• Machine
          • Jan 2003

Hehe :-)

Not winnar... just in the lead when it ended ;-) Anyway, somebody may pick it up yet!
          ~TuF~

Comment

• Rodent
            • Jan 2003

Although turfwars had its moments, I think as a whole, it was a little
            unrefined, with matches not being able to be played due to a challenge list backed up for months.

If someone wishes to take over from LR, I don't see any problem with that, but perhaps it's time for something new.

My idea, is to have a second Tournament of Darkness esque competition, but make it guild only. All the guilds gather on a specific day, and compete in sudden death elimination matches until there is only one winner.
            Nightwarden,
            .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
            - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Comment

• Biohazard
              • Jan 2003

I'm going to email/PM the guild leaders of all guilds participating in TurfWars and tally up a vote. If the majority say lets call it a wrap, then we should end TurfWars with the scores locked in the way they are. If we want to consider TuF the winner/guild in the lead, that's fine. Who knows what will happen in the next tournament.

Comment

• Shug
                • Jan 2003

TurfWars was a great idea that suffered from a number of unforseen problems. The biggest one was simply the time between matches. The way things are going it'd be 6 - 8+ months before any guild could even hope to string together a couple of matches and challenge TuF for the lead.

I think the best thing probably would be a newer, more flexible Tournament type that learnt from the situations that arose in TurfWars.
                Nightmaster,
                - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

• Grank
                  • Jan 2003

I'd be interested in hearing Bio's and anyone elses ideas.

Comment

• BrokenArts
                    Former Forum Staff
                    • Jan 2003

Bio you had some good fair, worthwhile idea's. I think you should present your idea's, everyone should be in on this, talk about this. Time for a change on Turf Wars.

Comment

• Biohazard
                      • Jan 2003

I'm going to write up a big post tomorrow on my idea for the next TurfWars. I think that with some input from others, it could be great!

Comment

• Machine
                        • Jan 2003

It sounds like most people liked the idea but it's a bit old now, I'm all for something new!
                        ~TuF~

Comment

• Shug
                          • Jan 2003

P.S. Mach: brilliant typo in your first post.
                          Nightmaster,
                          - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

• Machine
                            • Jan 2003

Oops! O - I - Am - Soooo - Clumsy!

But yeah, I too would be intreasted in hearing the new ideas, I think Turfwars was good but just too long... and with exams and reallife(tm) people had to keep prosponing etc...

A "League" would be a nice idea, or a tournament like the ToD for guilds, not sure. Or perhaps themed events like ghosting, dm'ing, etc...

If Turfwars ended, expect to be challenged by TuF for friendly skrimmages... and we may even start the "Partly unforgiven" match eh Boys (we know who you are biatches)
                            Last edited by Machine; 22 Jul 2004, 06:23 AM. Reason: Add more nonsense
                            ~TuF~

Comment

• Sandman
                              • Aug 2003

I like rodents idea!!!!
                              "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Working...
                              X