Clear All
  • Swiss Mercenary
    • Jan 2003

Tribute to D&D's 30th anniversery...

A little late, but nice read.

• DeepQantas
    Tester
    • Jun 2002

Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

• Schleicher
      • Jun 2003

"Dragons of Flame" - Moooo! Time for a "Which old games did you really not love"-Thread

Never played Pen&Paper, a pity. "I cast Level 5 Pants-dropping on your Warrior and then run away!". *Dice roll* "You fail and fall on your face looking stupid, breaking your +1 Staff of fancy magick"
      My leet Thievery Map
      My leet UT3 Map
      My leet AS Map

Comment

• Buho
        • Jan 2003

Heh, that means the oldest D&D freaks that stay up late at their friends' mom's house eating cheetos and pizza are like 50 now.

You D&D guys make me nervous when I shop for comic books, you and your little lead figurines and fake terrain in the back of the comic book store on Saturdays....
        "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

• Hidden_Wolfe
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Buho
          Heh, that means the oldest D&D freaks that stay up late at their friends' mom's house eating cheetos and pizza are like 50 now.
          You wanna know how old Gygax is right now? He's over 60!!! (and he still plays...) D&D was a wonderful pastime activity when I was a teenager. Now though, I play WOD, I've taken it up a notch, I think . Anyone else play?
          "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

• -=Moss=-
            • Jan 2003

You D&D guys make me nervous when I shop for comic books, you and your little lead figurines and fake terrain in the back of the comic book store on Saturdays....

------

------"

Comment

• Decompiler
              • Apr 2004

You should see a warhammer games day. Plastic and foam everywhere, people who spend my effort on their models then on their personal hygiene. I love it.
              I did not realise that D&D was that old. Older then me, in fact.
              Conformity is the refuge of the unimaginative, the dull and the stupid
              The internet based realm of Decompiler

Comment

• -=Moss=-
                • Jan 2003

Theses kind of people are the most easy to describe. They are the same worldwide...You've got the type playing in the back of comic store and the one you find in common household.

he's a few characteristic when they play i've spotted when their little gang use to come and play at my sister's house (her ex was a player) :

-Around a table, in the basement of some house, in the dark, candles and stuff.
                -Usually old.
                -Often wear glasses.
                -Always leave messes when they leave, primary empty chip bags and 2 liters cocacola.
                -Carry around some pack sac filled with heavy books.
                -dresses in black t-shirts with dragons and skulls on them.
                -less than .01 % are muscular fellows, but more than 50% of them play a muscular character.
                -They tend to yell when things happens downstairs, like when they see a dragon or something else, who know what, a naked girl maybe.
                -sometimes they argue bout some unknown rule and spend more time actually argueing than playing.
                -half of them don't say hi or bye when they leave.
                -they have this all thoses little maps and figurines like you guys are saying. and usingthem to locate vie of fire of whatever else.
                ------

------"

Comment

• Swiss Mercenary
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by -=Moss=-
                  -sometimes they argue bout some unknown rule and spend more time actually argueing than playing.

I couldn't find a good lawyer picture...

Comment

• Hidden_Wolfe
                    • Oct 2003

Cute, Swiss, real cute.
                    "He said he didn't trust me, so I killed him."--Hidden_Wolfe

Comment

Working...
                    X