Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith Thread

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Hey guess what? Santa Hat season is coming...

Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith Thread

I'll kick things off with a teaser trailer. Go to http://www.starwars.com and click the teaser trailer at the bottom-right corner of the page. Sorry, I can't find a direct link.

I'm totally excited now!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Erm... that teaser is almost 2 months old now...

IMO the whole triology could have been promoted a bit better specially this episode.

Basically they are giving away everything from the start. That teaser in particular is full of spoilers.

We know how it starts we know how it ends. The real big question is what is the event that finally drives Anakin to the dark side.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Antero90
    IMO the whole triology could have been promoted a bit better specially this episode.
    Yes, indeed. The publicity guys are doing an awful job. To begin with, who thought of that title? "Star Wars ROTS". Now, that's no way to describe a movie, no matter how accurate it might be.

I mean, if you're going to bash your own movie, there are much better titles, like:

Star Wars Episode III: As Bad As Revolutions, And Longer
    Star Wars Episode III: Who Gives A Sith?
    Star Wars Episode III: I'll Torture Your Children With VII, VIII & IX
    --

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Dont forget:

Star Wars Episode III: Pay us 6 to piss all over your childhood.

Smurf the wookies.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Huh what another one? I smell poo! Saw the first *new* one and it was Poo! Didnt see the second one but if ya smelt Poo once ya can identify Poo very well i think so i safely guess that one is Poo too....and now they make some more of that Poo? Will it have that annoying little Kid again? And Jar-Jar something? And *shudder* flip-flopping Sabre-fighting Joda?

Pooooo! Poopeidi Poopeida! Poopety Poopish Poo from Poopiter!

Sorry, but how anyone can rape their own old good films and despite that cant come up with something better than that horrendish awful, cliched and just generally lame and stupid stuff blows my mind (urrrgh like that one scene where, gnahwg i felt like my brain tried to squeeze thru my ears and escape the horror of having to process what was arriving at my eyes)...i mean even the edits to the old films were dumb....but theyre making money nonetheless ~.O

I aint no Fanboi of Starwars, but seeing that new episode was like paying to get *sexual intercourse* in the *rectum* by a bunch of *homosexual* prison inmates and that makes me hate it (and the likewise similar other new episodes) with a passion....

So stupid, stupid, stupid....bleh, ptui ptui

Registered
    Jan 2003
    What Schliecher said, but maybe without so much "poo." I'd have said "Crap" or something else.

These new SW's make me want to cry.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    "Poo" describes it perfectly...a mediocre boring word without much power. "Crap" would be a compliment.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Umm....no it wouldn't.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Calling this Poo Crap would be very generous!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Yeah, I just did a google image search for "Poo" and "crap" and theres more gross stuff on "Poo" than "crap."

I stand corrected.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Anyone else actually imagine the voice of Butters when reading his posts?

Oh yea, its about friggin time that they brought the next movie out. As for spoilers um...

He becomes Darth Vader.
    He knocks up Amadalla with his 2 children.
    He never actually finds out about the kids.
    Amadalla will take off, never to be heard from again.
    Clones make a bigger impact.
    Someone starts cooking up the plan for a Death Star.
    A blue guy named Thrawn will wipe out the last of the Jedi and eventually becomes one of the Emperors Grand Admrials...this might not make it into the movie.

Really, how are any of these 'spoilers'?
    Kiech

Registered
    Jan 2004
    I used to be a Star Wars fanboi and in the books the stormtroopers were humans not clones, e.g. I even remember one of the books had a story about a stormtrooper on Tatooine called trooper davin felth. I know too much!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Someone already had plans for a primitive death star. An intentional cameo was placed in Ep. 2. I can't remember who was working on it, tho, but Anakin must have stolen it from them.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Buho
    Someone already had plans for a primitive death star. An intentional cameo was placed in Ep. 2. I can't remember who was working on it, tho, but Anakin must have stolen it from them.
    God, that was a totally random post. Thank god you are not in some hostile forum or people would lable you 10 year old noob.

That cameo was a mess even for someone like me who doesnt care that the DVD versions of the original triology are not the very original ones.

That someone were the insect people from Geonosis who made the plans. It wasnt Anakin who stole it Actually the plans were never stolen and technically they never got out of the emperor's hand until the rebels stole the plans. Doku received the plans before escaping and gave them to the emperor in person.

I have seen thousands of posts of people saying how cool it would be to see the Death Star being built at the end of episode 3. I disagree it would suck.

I hope for continuity sake that they dont do that or it will simply ruin what is left of the original story.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    OMG, Antero. I think you care more than you let on! I haven't seen Ep. 2 in two years, so my memory was really fuzzy. Where are these posts you speak of? Starwars.com?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Lucas has been kinda lax on the whole storyline despite having the bookwriters stay on course.

Now, if they send a group of scientists into a nebula to start working on the deathstar, I wouldnt mind that one bit.

Gee I hope they show Thrawn blowing the crap out of the Jedi...he is my fav character.
    Kiech

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I love anakins scar. I want a scar like that. Scars rock.

Buho, can I borrow your chainsaw for a sec?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    OMG, Antero. I think you care more than you let on!
    Probably. But I like to think I have a good memory when it comes to movies.
    Where are these posts you speak of? Starwars.com?
    Where else apart from theforce.com do you expect to see all that sort of crap?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Antero90
    Where else apart from theforce.com do you expect to see all that sort of crap?
    www.allthatsortofcrap.com?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiech Bepho
    Now, if they send a group of scientists into a nebula to start working on the deathstar, I wouldnt mind that one bit.
    Hopefully this one will be considerably darker considering its about how he becomes vader and how the jedi are virtually wiped out.

Also the StormTroopers where suppost to be clones from the start(where they where later who knows). But from what I know there where mentions of a "clone war" in some of the books. But I don't know much beyond that *shrug*
    ZT
    Aka Trunks0,TrunksOfSuffering

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I tortured myself by watching episode I and II, and i'll rent III when it comes out on video, but I'll stick with my old VHS copies of the original Star Wars anyday.
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

I thought the third one was already released?

Well, there you go.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    On a far more important note, the extended edition of the lord of the rings: The return of the king comes out this cristmas. Buying it, then watching all three extended editions in a row

As owner of all but two of the star wars books, I feel quite confident in saying that lucasarts writes really bad plots compared to what could be done. If episode one and two where not locked behind a mental barrier I could list all the inconsistances between the two sets (books and movies). I am not even going to bother watching the third one.
    Conformity is the refuge of the unimaginative, the dull and the stupid
    The internet based realm of Decompiler

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I blame Jar-Jar. In the book he wasn't THAT bad...but its been taken to a whole new level in the movies.
    Kiech

Registered
    Jan 2003
    General Grievous is going to kick ass.

He's a cyborg drone with his arms being able to split, so he can carry four (!) lightsabers.

SW7 better have millipedes carrying 90 sabers, or else!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    If Lucas ever allows 7 to be made...heh.
    Kiech

Quote Originally Posted by -=V12US=-
    He's a cyborg drone with his arms being able to split, so he can carry four (!) lightsabers.
    I have a weird memory about he was able to use lightsabers with hes legs or something....

Registered
    Jun 2003
    General....Grievous?

This has to be a Joke...

Please?

Holy moly, i was painting that kinda stuff (big menacing robots similar to skeletons shooting lazors at stuff and explosions) when i was around.... 9 years old. Think i missed my chance to go to Hollywood.

EDIT: Uh wait i still got it! Captain Carnage! Private Pain! Hmmm...Seargant S..duh George Lucas NEEDS me!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Schleicher
    General....Grievous?

This has to be a Joke...

Please?

Holy moly, i was painting that kinda stuff (big menacing robots similar to skeletons shooting lazors at stuff and explosions) when i was around.... 9 years old. Think i missed my chance to go to Hollywood.

EDIT: Uh wait i still got it! Captain Carnage! Private Pain! Hmmm...Seargant S..duh George Lucas NEEDS me!
    Watch out, there's a bit too many people on that bandwagon.

http://www.wallpapersyrenders.com/fo...ievous1024.jpg

Fanart:
    http://slimak.gwiezdne-wojny.pl/graf...k/grievous.jpg

Thread Information