Thread: Bot skill setting damaged ??

Bot skill setting damaged ??

fellow sneakers,

i had played almost all maps on the 1.1 beta with bot skill set at stupid or benny. of course it was really easy. then i recently installed the 1.4 ver over the 1.1 beta.

with the skill set the same, the guards are really tough in asylum. it seems that they are actually set to a much higher skill than what i have selected. i haven't tried the other new maps yet. i was wondering, have any of you come across a skill setting bug?? ie where if one doesn't upgrade in the correct manner, the bots operate at a high skill regardless of the game setting ?? or is it just me & the upgrade made benny or stupid guards a whole lot smarter !!

i am being schooled in the asylum.........

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I think there is a bug with the 'benny' setting IIRC. Try playing on 'normal' or 'clever' as I find both rather decent. Of course you may just really really suck, and you deserve to be schooled a bit.
    Kiech

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I think BOTH the lower bot settings are buggy - certainly the "Benny" setting is a lot harder than it should be.

I'd just bump it up to clever and see how you go with the setting used by most servers online
    Nightmaster,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "until the cat is skinned"

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Yes, I am aware of this bug, the difference in the skill settings are not what they were in earlier versions. Hearing is the main difference between the skill levels and to a lesser extent - accuracy with the crossbow.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Fighting to survive in a war with the darkest power...
    If I recall correctly, the Benny setting in 1.4 is equal to or harder than Genius.
    Last edited by Rodent; 1st Feb 2005 at 04:35 AM.
    Nightwarden,
    - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Registered
    Jan 2003

Red face

[rant]
    There should be a "superman" setting for the AIs. Every game I've played ends up a massacre and all bots are getting killed in 5~10 minutes.
    [/rant]
    I Need Training!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Hmmm, well hold that thought, Brody and I are discussing an "elite" kinda server with the bots on Genius plus a bunch of other tweaks to make thinks that little be harder. I agree tho, an organised team can take down all the AI on a map in under a minute.
    ~TuF~

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Hey guess what? Santa Hat season is coming...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodent
    If I recall correctly, the Benny setting in 1.4 is equal to or harder than Genius.
    Haha, new tournament rules: bots are set to Benny.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Judge
    [rant]
    There should be a "superman" setting for the AIs. Every game I've played ends up a massacre and all bots are getting killed in 5~10 minutes.
    [/rant]
    Unfortunately, the only way you could design a bot to withstand a team of DMers is to completely change their behaviour set. Upping their xbow accuracy and increasing their hearing is not going to make them any great deal more likely to survive.

By the time they start running around like headless chooks they're already dead.
    Nightmaster,
    - "until the cat is skinned"

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Its up to the human guards to try their best to protect/save the ai from snipers and dm'ers. Alone and out in the open, they shouldn't stand a chance, no matter what difficultly they are on.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by TafferBoy
    Its up to the human guards to try their best to protect/save the ai from snipers and dm'ers. Alone and out in the open, they shouldn't stand a chance, no matter what difficultly they are on.
    You are right about that. I was just wondering who is going to protect the human guards from the insane ~TuF~ers who run around the map madly, KOing everyone in their path.
    I Need Training!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Haha, Oh Judge... I enjoy KO'ing you the most...
    ~TuF~

Thread Information