Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The Phalanx Campaign

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Although I haven't yet had time to try it out (tomorrow, hopefully), I'm sure it's gonna be bloody great! So, in advance, thanks for your awesome effort, Hurtz!
    My cats are black! How about yours?

Registered
    Sep 2004
    I really want to play it, but I'm not going to be able to play for the rest of the week

It made the front page of Beyond Unreal, and they've got links to downloads there as well(as if anyone else doesn't have it )

Registered
    May 2004
    It is now pretty much on all the servers, including MPUK

Quote Originally Posted by MjrHuRTz
    It is now pretty much on all the servers, including MPUK
    sadly, only #1 reply to ping
    My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
    And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I wonder if this effort has used up all of the powers of the MPUK admins and now they can't add stuff to the server for another year... Poor Telic

Registered
    Mar 2004
    And.. Finally I completed it. (My advice - if you're trying to learn the maps, it's way way easier doing it singleplayer than with Moses and some random guys online on a laggy server . Moses' instructions just got me confused, it wasn't as hard when I took my time with the maps)

It was superb. Somehow the whole layout of the Phalanx station reminded me of Dante's Divina Commedia's Inferno, descending to the pit of Hell.

Some funny parts also: In mission 5, why do they want exactly 28 eggs destroyed? "You really need to destroy 28, not 27 eggs. We don't want to sound picky, but if you miss even one, you're screwed." A number of 25 or 30 would've sounded less silly, unless 28 has some sort of secret meaning to you... *summons LaughingRat's mighty numerological abilities to uncover this secret!*

My favorite typo was "Jesus Christ Marines!". Are they some sort of new religious IAF commando squad? Or maybe Syntek's secret forces? "Incoming Syntek Battlecruiser! They've got Jesus Christ Marines!" I think this typo might become common AS culture, like the Queen She...

Apparently people don't learn even in the future to keep highly important data and computers disconnected from the net, as seen by the apparently bumbling Phalanx firewall

My opinion: Phalanx should be included in 1.3.

Next step for me: Maniacal multiplayer Phalanx!

Registered
    Mar 2005
    I got slaughtered in Phalanx... *runs and hides under a table*
    "Spera: Ooh! Ooh! You hear that? A bird singing out amidst our desolation. It's a miracle. The miracle called supper."

--Lucifer #28, Breaking & Entering

Too bad the last map got nerfed. The final vents were one of the most intense places ever created for AS imho.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    No longer at sea and very far away from water.
    Wonderfuly done, I must admit, though I am having a hard time finding the explosives for the second map. Where are they?
    “That’s not what justice is,” the colonel jeered, and began pounding the table again with his big fat hand. “That’s what Karl Marx is. I’ll let you know what justice is. Justice is a knee in the gut from the floor.

Registered
    May 2004
    Look in the closet/locker things, and they also appear on the motion detector, so try and pay some attention to that.

Registered
    Jul 2004
    as per donators comments on exudus you changed it i thought the vents bit was great?
    also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Registered
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucchus
    And.. Finally I completed it. (My advice - if you're trying to learn the maps, it's way way easier doing it singleplayer than with Moses and some random guys online on a laggy server . Moses' instructions just got me confused, it wasn't as hard when I took my time with the maps)
    Yea, that mission was a pain. Finally got it cracked though, thank god.

Good work on the campaign MjrHuRTz. Saves playing Sigma and Ortega all the time, and Phalanx is seriously good fun (although, spending 2 hours trying to do one mission does get a little bit frustrating after a while )

Phalanx is best campaing ever, i prefer to do missions online and try to make somekind of teamwork, easiest teamwork is just tell everyone to walk during that style med has time to run from person to person and heal, when at the bomb mission the bombs must be took off, i did it with my friend i took faith with shot+med+hax and he took crash p-rifle+ammo+hax so i hacked 2 and he hacked 2 And we got to evac at same time ^.^

GREAT CAMPAING!
    I'm alive! I think...

Registered
    May 2004
    Glad you like it
    p.s you've got the g and the n the wrong way in campaign :p

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Great campaign!! Great Work!

Just a problem though, when i use the custom campaign mutator, the campaign comes out as several maps instead of a campaign, is that supposed to be like that?

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Btw, Hurtz did you remove my safe place in the map with the b0mbs?
    "Spera: Ooh! Ooh! You hear that? A bird singing out amidst our desolation. It's a miracle. The miracle called supper."

--Lucifer #28, Breaking & Entering

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathon
    Just a problem though, when i use the custom campaign mutator, the campaign comes out as several maps instead of a campaign, is that supposed to be like that?
    Can you explain this a bit more? A campaign is several maps that follow each other. There should be a campaign lobby in-between and the ability to upgrade your marines on the Roster tab.
    I think I can love you
    Let's facwe the future together

Registered
    Feb 2005
    When voting for a map with the custom campaign mutator, instead of it showing up as say "Phalanx Campaign" like "Sigma ' ' " or "Ortega ' ' ", it just has a list of the maps of the phalanx campaign.

Registered
    Jul 2005
    I think he means in the map vote list he can see the seperate Phl map files, but no option to start a new Phalanx Campaign.

@Leviathon: Its doing that because you havent actually started the custom campaign mutator. Are you trying to host a listen server to play the campaign at all?

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Um, I just follow the instructions in the readme with the custom campaign mutator, and enter open Aosomethingagingwithcustomcampaignmutator in the console

Registered
    Apr 2005
    admin switchlevel AO-Research?Mutator=AoCustCamp140.MutCustomCampaign

this works

EDIT: most of the time

Registered
    Sep 2004
    But if you're not running a server, then use

Code:
    open AO-Research?Mutator=AoCustCamp140.MutCustomCampaign
    You can then make custom campaigns or switch to Phalanax or Upsilion via the F1 Mapvote menu.

I think.

Registered
    Feb 2005
    yah i get you guys, but the problem thats getting me is that instead of a phalanx campaign map, i get all the maps seperate(single missions), they dun load in a campaign format. Its not too big a deal as I can play the maps, but its sorta annoying because you can't do the star thing as in campaign mode.

Registered
    Jul 2005
    If you just want to run the campaign in single player, run the .bat files that came in the zip/rar with it. That will allow you to play at the campaign.

On the other hand, if you want to host a listen server and play it with a couple of mates, create a new UT2004/AS shortcut, and add the following to the target line (depending on which shortcut you made):
    server AO-Research?Mutator=AoCustCamp140.MutCustomCampaign?L isten -mod=Alienswarm (UT2004.exe shortcut) or
    server AO-Research?Mutator=AoCustCamp140.MutCustomCampaign?L isten (AS.exe shortcut).

That should load an AS server up on the AO-Research map, with the mutator running, then you can vote in the Phalanx campaign from there.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    A bit late, but nice work! The doors are evil though.

Question: Is the difficulty of the campaign the same as the custom campaign mutator?

Registered
    Jun 2004
    I think I can love you
    Let's facwe the future together

Registered
    Apr 2005
    I just noticed that on planetunreal's main page, awsome mjr, congratulations!

Registered
    Sep 2004
    Congrats.

Thread Information