Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You Know You've Been Playing Too Much Alien Swarm If...

You Know You've Been Playing Too Much Alien Swarm If...

1. You come out of ASw and start pressing "t" before you type anything on IRC or other messengers.

(I've done that before ><)

2. People in real life won't let you near a shotgun because they've seen you playing Alien Swarm.

(Seriously, Dread, DQ and co. don't trust me with shottie or flamer. )

3. You have a collection of mugs at your keyboard. (I do! )

4. You have a basket used to store snacks like mini-Twixs, and then you take the wrappers and flick them at the screen after you've died, in an attempt to crush the other marines. (Yep... done this... and I hit NachoMan on the briefing screen once)

5. You have stayed in #Swarm.Pickup for at least 24 hours, excluding netsplits/pingouts.

6. You've had two of the marines have discussions, using only the voice commands there. (I did this with Phanta once )

7. Baz: You walk around describing everything you see as being "almost as ugly as me"

8. Johnathon: when playing other games or typing in your messenger you hit 'f5' to make a 'quick smiley'

9. Leo: Your community manages to lock the first “hello” thread posted by a woman, for spamming.

10. SkYa: When you hear that music and the game goes in slow mo... you get all excited as if you're in a movie!

11-23. NachoMan:
    The aliens have started to complain about being spawn killed

You discover a penchant for other top down games. Such as chess.

You decide to make a map for AS, and 6 months down the line you still haven't finished it... *ahem*

If a black cat crosses your path, you immediately grab it by the scruff of the neck and demand to know when the 1.3 patch is coming!

You see a man repairing the tiles on his roof... "OMG, R00fH4x!"

You play UT2k4 and forget all about the z-axis

You keep looking for these so called vents in every building that can fit a full grown man inside them...

You buy the Aliens DVD and laugh when the marine with the flamer ends up killing half of the squad.

You find yourself constantly walking into hinge doors.

You wonder if people living in the Alien Swarm universe are always cold and wet on account of nobody ever inventing a roof.

You wonder what a life without Alien Swarm would be like.... *shudder*

You regularly share anecdotes with friends about your time in the IAF

You want to marry Wildcat, but are despondent when you hear she is already engaged to Wolfe.

24. You wonder if you can put stars into your Demolition skills so you're fireproof.

25. DeepQantas: The Doom 3 monsters don't scare you since you served in the IAF... and you don't mind shouting it to their face!

26. SkYa: When you hear that "Text to Speech" in your head whenever you read something or have someone talk to you!

27-38: Shub
    You won't leave the first mission until Jaeger or Sarge has 100 unassisted kills, just so you don't have to worry about putting any more stars into Accuracy.

In real life, you've accidentally set yourself on fire repeatedly because you could've sworn you got your Explosives stat up to 5 stars.

You've made it a habit to avoid air-vents or narrow hallways around your town and house. Any jackass knows that they're chock full of parasites.

You start wondering why your computer-savvy friends don't all talk with crazy Southern accents, or aren't missing eyes.

Your firearms experience in ASw has lead you to believe that if you're fighting a person or animal that won't die by high-caliber military assault rifles, blasting it with a handgun twice will do the trick.

Any problem can be solved by setting it on fire, and running away from it until it dies.

You've locked yourself out of the house, couldn't find the spare key, and decided the easiest way to get back in was to fire six-hundred rounds from a machinegun into the front door.

If you're drunk, and listening to the same repetetive hard-rock guitar riffs, you're instantly turned into a gun-toting killing machine.

Barrels scare you. They're either chock full of radioactive gas, or some prick has rigged them to explode.

39. Iron Corvus: You go outside to get some fresh air and you notice a beautiful smooth scrolling nice rendered clouds and hi res textures on buildings.

40. You think you can go out in any atmosphere without choking, asphyxiating or dying - and that you'll always be stuck to the floor.
    Last edited by Exo-Warrior; 27th Feb 2005 at 09:14 AM.

Registered
    Sep 2004
    central Poland, Łódź, second floor, my room
    The first one fits all unreal series games. Even the first U.
    I also have that problem annytime i play.

"thi"
    "twhats up"

and so on

Registered
    Jan 2005
    you walk around describing everything you see as being "almost as ugly as me"

Ok, I've decided the main post will hold those that get on the list, that way the admins/mods can prune the thread occasionally and stop it rampaging.

Registered
    Jul 2004
    when playing other games or typing in your messenger you hit 'f5' to make a 'quick smiley'
    :p
    I do this constantly
    Johnathan, the archetype Front Line Medic

Registered
    Jun 2004
    You call for medic in UT2004, only to get your statistics obscure your view.
    I think I can love you
    Let's facwe the future together

Registered
    May 2004
    Your community manages to lock the first “hello” thread posted by a woman, for spamming.

Registered
    Dec 2004
    when playing UT2004 u try to reload

Registered
    Feb 2005
    When you hear that "Voice to Text" in your head whenever you read something or have someone talk to you!

Registered
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SkYa
    When you hear that "Voice to Text" in your head whenever you read something or have someone talk to you!
    LoL, I do this more often then i'd like to admit >_>

When you set up games (coop or teamplay) with binds like
    'stop'
    'go'
    '!'
    ''
    and
    '^_^'

Registered
    Oct 2004
    I always hit T to type and try to reload in vanilla (Side note: I don't think anyone would let me near a shotty or flamer anyway )
    Another one: (I've done this >.<) You dream about alien swarm.
    In game: You call the un-stimmed parts breaks.
    Edit: You try to convert everyone you know to AS
    Behind You Durandal Traikan in game.

Registered
    Dec 2004
    u get real pissed off and leave the server, then go back in 2 minutes

Registered
    Feb 2005
    When you hear that music and the game goes in slow mo...u get all excited as if your in a movie!

You know you' ve been playing too much AS when:

The aliens have started to complain about being spawn killed
    You discover a penchant for other top down games. Such as chess.
    You decide to make a map for AS, and 6 months down the line you still haven't finished it... *ahem*
    If a black cat crosses your path, you immediately grab it by the scruff of the neck and demand to know when the 1.3 patch is coming!
    You keep looking for these so called vents in every building that can fit a full grown man inside them...
    You buy the Aliens DVD and laugh when the marine with the flamer ends up killing half of the squad.
    You find yourself constantly walking into hinge doors.
    You wonder if people living in the Alien Swarm universe are always cold and wet on account of nobody ever inventing a roof.
    You wonder what a life without Alien Swarm would be like.... *shudder*
    You want to marry Wildcat, but are despondent when you hear she is already engaged to Wolfe.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    LOL! Good ones Nacho
    --

The Doom 3 monsters don't scare you since you served in the IAF... and you don't mind shouting it to their face!

(guilty as charged)

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Hmm, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that hasn't played it too much then, just enough though.... I play Red Orchestra also, and a flaw from that game is I expect every other fps to go to iron sights when I press rmb.
    Way back, when I played Far cry....(>_<) I used to bicycle home on a sunny day, I live in a wide open area, And I wondered why the hell I couldn't zoom in about a mile with my cryovision....

Erm, hate to break your conversation, but this is about ALIEN SWARM only, not RED ORCHESTRA or FAR CRY.

Let's stay on topic as much as possible.

Registered
    Oct 2004
    I own a black cat and when I see it always think of AS (haven't gone so far as to grab it though )
    Edit: You try to create AS on your TI calculator or other platform (not that anyone is doing that around here... )
    Edit2: The aliens accuse you of cheating
    Last edited by Behind You; 26th Feb 2005 at 02:17 PM.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Behind You
    I own a black cat and when I see it always think of AS (haven't gone so far as to grab it though )
    I've got a black cat aswell.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mOdEtWo
    I've got a black cat aswell.
    I bet you don't interrogate it about v1.3 though.
    I think I can love you
    Let's facwe the future together

Registered
    Oct 2004
    Modetwo, did you photoshop your kitty pic's eyes to achieve maximum soul burn upon viewing?

Registered
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Exo-Warrior
    You've had two of the marines have discussions, using only the voice commands there.
    Well...true...

But now when we speak of that, lemme add this one, this is with 4 marines though...but still

Wildcat: "Let's get this party started"
    Crash: "I'm ready"
    Jaeger: "EAT THIS!"
    Crash: "There's another one!"
    Flynn: "Got a job for me?"
    Jaeger: "EAT THIS!"
    Flynn: "Uh huh"

And so on and so on...

(And sry if u think this is off topic,just had to put this in)

Registered
    Jul 2004
    I saw that today and thought of this

I did this last night when I was playing VCTF

Always done this

ROFL

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Exo-Warrior
    Erm, hate to break your conversation, but this is about ALIEN SWARM only, not RED ORCHESTRA or FAR CRY.

Let's stay on topic as much as possible.
    yea k sorry. Don't have to much of these Too Much Alien Swarm sympthons, just had these others, I mentioned them because they I thought they were funny at the time....

Registered
    Dec 2004
    your f3 key begins to fade like the rest of your keys on your cheap-o-keyboard

baz and i do this

Registered
    Oct 2004
    While talking with people you randomly change the subject to alien swarm (even if they have no idea what it is) (kind of like anecdotes, but different)

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Your favorite smiley conveniently becomes bugged -- it won't display on other clients -- in the patch released the day after you decide to bind it to mouse4.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Registered
    May 2004
    when u can play AS blindfold.
    Tip 1: use sentry as a stair case
    Tip 2: walk on active mines so when alien gets near you, they burn

1. You won't leave the first mission until Jaeger or Sarge has 100 unassisted kills, just so you don't have to worry about putting any more stars into Accuracy.

2. In real life, you've accidentally set yourself on fire repeatedly because you could've sworn you got your Explosives stat up to 5 stars.

3. You've made it a habit to avoid air-vents or narrow hallways around your town and house. Any jackass knows that they're chock full of parasites.

4. You start wondering why your computer-savvy friends don't all talk with crazy Southern accents, or aren't missing eyes.

5. Your firearms experience in ASw has lead you to believe that if you're fighting a person or animal that won't die by high-caliber military assault rifles, blasting it with a handgun twice will do the trick.

6. Any problem can be solved by setting it on fire, and running away from it until it dies.

7. You've locked yourself out of the house, couldn't find the spare key, and decided the easiest way to get back in was to fire six-hundred rounds from a machinegun into the front door.

8. If you're drunk, and listening to the same repetetive hard-rock guitar riffs, you're instantly turned into a gun-toting killing machine.

9. Barrels scare you. They're either chock full of radioactive gas, or some prick has rigged them to explode.
    (Six-Million-Dollar Shub),
    Shotgun Addict

Thread Information