X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • okih-imus
    • Sep 2003

TW3 : Mockers vs. STAMPEDE - Move 1 - Flats

I - Matches must be scheduled within the first three days of the move. If a match is not scheduled during that period, the defending team will provide, before the end of the third day, a list of five four hour timeslots on different days that they would be available to play. The attacking team will pick, before the end of the fourth day, a two hour period during one of the provided timeslots for the match to be played.

Well I'm not sure what day it is, but I'll give time slots.

ALL TIMES ARE -5:00GMT
    3/5/05 - 8:00AM to Noon
    3/6/05 - 2:30PM to 6:30PM
    3/11/05 - 7:00PM to 11:00PM
    3/12/05 - 8:00AM to Noon
    3/13/05 - 2:30PM to 6:30PM
  • TafferBoy
    • Mar 2003

3/12/05 - 8:00AM to Noon - i'm thinking this will be the best date, this weekend is out of the question because of our other match and other commitments. keeping in mine that i'm 16 hours ahead of your team, this match will be on;
    Sunday: Noon -> 4pm for me
    Sunday: 11am -> 3pm for Shug, Rodez
    I'm not sure about our other players but we should at least be able to field a team.
    As for a 2hour period in that time slot the latter 2 hours would be better, but i'll get back to you on that.
    .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

• TafferBoy
      • Mar 2003

Just to finialise the Match time for Saturday the 12/3 (or 3/12 ) 10am - Noon GMT -5. A server still needs to be organised, and we'll need to know if you plan to use Teamspeak. We do, which entitles you to someone listening in on our channel. (mockers.servebeer.com).
      Immortius will be spectating for our team.
      Last edited by TafferBoy; 8 Mar 2005, 09:31 PM.
      .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

• okih-imus
        • Sep 2003

That time seems great for me.
        That's
        3/12/05: 10:00AM - Noon
        Saturday, the 12th of March in -5:00GMT time.

Comment

• FatRatHead
          • Sep 2004

I know it's not most suitable, but the rule of forfeit could and should take part in here.

Comment

• Machine
            • Jan 2003

Barman! A pint of your finest bitter if you would!

TuF TS now has channels for teams if they require. If I am around during this and other matches I shall be availible for speccing. Good luck to both teams.
            ~TuF~

Comment

• WildBill
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by FatRatHead
              I know it's not most suitable, but the rule of forfeit could and should take part in here.
              No, it shouldn't. Note the defending team having provided timeslots. Note the attacking team having chosen one. Now, this did happen a day late, but I said I'd be a bit forgiving with deadlines this time around.

A bit forgiving, however, does not extent to completely ignoring a match for six days. Get over your mistake already, this is getting old.
              Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

• FatRatHead
                • Sep 2004

Yeah, only for five days ... Sorry, but it's stupid.

Comment

• WildBill
                  • Jan 2003

Yeah, only for five days ... Sorry, but it's stupid.
                  There's something fundamental you're missing here -- I will be as clear as I possibly can be.

In this case, Oki -- as the apparent leader of the defending team -- posted a selection of timeslots his team would be available to match. This was a day late, but as I've repeatedly said, I'm being lenient with deadlines this time. Several hours later TafferBoy, having assumed control of the Mockers, picks one of Oki's timeslots, but delays picking the actual start time until later. Oki had no issue with this, and gave them that delay as a courtesy.

Contrast this with your case. Oki posts a thread suggesting some possible times, and NLDW completely ignores that match for six days, refusing to even respond. There's no attempt to schedule the match, and NLDW, as the defender, completely failed in their obligation to provide timeslots.

Since the moves are only fifteen days, delays like that -- even when I'm being lenient -- are completely unacceptable, especially when one team absolutely refuses to communicate. Hence the forfeit of Korman to Stampede.

I realize that this doesn't make you happy, but I think it's fairly clear where the fault lies. Don't stall with scheduling matches in the future -- that's what the forced scheduling rule was designed to counter.
                  Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

• FatRatHead
                    • Sep 2004

I think you're going too far. There was only one day difference, both were after the deadline and the fact how many days after deadline is irrelevant.
                    Last edited by FatRatHead; 11 Mar 2005, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• LaughingRat
                      • Jan 2003

I think you're going too far. There was only one day difference, both were after the deadline and the fact how many days after deadline is irrelevant. Stop being an ass, that's what I wanted to say, said the honest and brief way.
                      Here's an idea: Drop out of the tournament, if you can't handle it being adjudicated in a fair and reasonable way, have no concept of responsibility for your own (in)actions, and are incapable of basic courtesy.

No one's forcing you to play but yourself, man. Err, boy.

Comment

• FatRatHead
                        • Sep 2004

I entered this tournament because it was supposed to have SOME rules, you know solid rules. It turned out to be a ruleless tournament where one man can do whatever he wants. I only want to get what they promised to give me (more or less).

Comment

• LaughingRat
                          • Jan 2003

I entered this tournament because it was supposed to have SOME rules, you know solid rules. It turned out to be a ruleless tournament where one man can do whatever he wants. I only want to get what they promised to give me (more or less).
                          I'm sorry, I missed the part where you FOLLOWED the rules, and then got shafted any way. Could you please point that part out to me?

Comment

• FatRatHead
                            • Sep 2004

It's ok when I get sanctions for breaking rules, but why doesn't the other side get the same punishment for breaking the same rule the same way???

Comment

• LaughingRat
                              • Jan 2003

It's ok when I get sanctions for breaking rules, but why doesn't the other side get the same punishment for breaking the same rule the same way???
                              I bet if someone had broken the rules the same way you did, they'd have been sanctioned the same way. But look at the facts:

Stampede was 1 day late.
                              NLDW was 3 days late.

Stampede, although late, made a good faith effort to schedule their match.
                              NLDW: *crickets*

Stampede has treated the arbiter with courtesy and respect.
                              NLDW (or at least you) has insulted and flamed (though now edited out).

You're not comparing apples and oranges here, son, you're comparing apples and diesel locomotives.

Comment

Working...
                              X