It still needs a texture.
    What's with scary/freaky mouths?!

Nice tho

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cythe
    Can I have a go?

It still needs a texture.

claymore and urs are good hmm i hjard to say wich one...

maybe mordengaard donT say this or this or this he can use the 2 one in this map and one in this map

btw good work claymore and cythe hehehe

cya online urs P!t Bll
    http://img127.exs.cx/img127/4379/pitbulllogonew3gv.jpg

-)(Please klick if u want to see a private foto of my skin)(-

Registered
    Nov 2003
    I quite like yours Cythe. However, I do think the tube sticking out of its mouth looks very odd indeed. It conjures up images of... no, I won't say it.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    "Take that Blackjack outta your mouth. It ain't a toy, y'know!"

Very nice looking model Cythe. Nothing so smutty occurred to me when I first saw it, but perhaps if it didn't stick out so much it wouldn't be bugging me now

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Hey guess what? Santa Hat season is coming...
    Here's my contribution.

No, seriously, I really like the submissions here so far, and it's inspired me to doodle my own ideas, but I have zero time to flesh it out in 3D

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I think the lens would look better if it was not protruding that far.
    Salsa: The Z axis is the Acromaster's domain

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore
    Does this look better?
    Yes. The best of the 3 IMO. (Though any would be a worthy.)

Registered
    Dec 2003
    If Alpha-Omega's had more details I would like it better. Bur it looks good imo.
    And I like Cythe's model as well. It doesn't look so "normal". (Okay, the thing sticking out of his mouth is too long).
    Keep up the good work guys.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I think the lens is too long.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    The thumbnails of Cythe's watcher looked like mechanical apes to me at first
    Nightmaster,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "until the cat is skinned"

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Here it is. I tried a few different skins, but I thought this one looked the best. Still needs a bit of adjustment.
    Last edited by claymore; 24th Mar 2005 at 11:48 AM.

Registered
    Jan 2004
    Cythe's watcher looks a bit freaky for me and Claymore's watcher looks too nice maybe... But I like the green and red eyes idea Clay. I'm voting for Clay's at the moment!

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Looks excellent claymore, nice work! I can just imagine those red and green lights glowing in the darkness, it would be quite scary.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    This pwnage was given to you by 1 of 3 mutated thievery players.
    I'd vote for cythe's model at the moment. Mainly because it's somewhat different than the old one.
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I vote for Cythes too, it's meaner.
    ~TuF~

Registered
    Nov 2003
    I'm voting for claymore's, but I see your point about the meanness. The face on claymore's watcher does look a bit too passive when compared to Cythe's. Claymore, perhaps you could try narrowing those eye-brows on the watcher, to make it look more malicious?

I really like the fact that clay's will have the onimous glowing eyes and all that, but it's just too Wizard of Oz/C3PO (Star Wars) for me. I mean that it looks familier in a way I wouldn't expect in the environment of this game. If Alpha-Omega would skin his up to have some more contrast and maybe a few glowing eyes or something I think i'd like that one. as they all stand right now, without any changes though, I like Cythe's best. man that thing is freaky! I dissagree that the lens is too long I think it's more menacing that way. it looks like it should shoot at you. good work all 3 of you.
    Game Console: " nobody killed .:M.Gladius with his nothing."
    If you say "nobody is better than me" you are probably wrong and if you're right, you have no reason to brag!

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Like Cythes too

Ill jump on the "Make it shorter"-wagon. Make it shorter!

(perhaps so that the lens just peeks outta the mouth - or is entirely sunken in)

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Or make it so it's shrunk inside until it sees someone, then it twists and extends to focus on the person. It points to where it last saw them. Occasionally it focuses on it's own, or maybe it should focus as a guard passes, thats more coding tho.
    ~TuF~

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Athelstone
    I'm voting for claymore's, but I see your point about the meanness. The face on claymore's watcher does look a bit too passive when compared to Cythe's. Claymore, perhaps you could try narrowing those eye-brows on the watcher, to make it look more malicious?
    This look any better?

edit: I'm sure I can make this look meaner, with some small adjustments.
    Last edited by claymore; 26th Mar 2005 at 12:39 PM.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    I think it still needs to look a lot meaner. Also, I think something must be done with the mouth to avoid that CP30-feel someone mentioned.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I tried ramping up the evilness/ meaness factor, but I think it ended up looking a bit excessive.

Not really sure how I can get away from the c3po feel, without re-designing the whole model, though I think there's quite a difference between the two imo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by claymore; 24th Mar 2005 at 03:29 PM.

you know what would be really cool? and make the watchers more of a threat. . . let them have a spotlight on them. take away the thieves shadows. Scythe's model would work great what with that flashlight sticking out of its mouth. so maybe I missed it, how are we gonna determin which watcher gets used? is there an admin person who's going to tally votes by reading through tons of posts or will there be a poll or will the DEVs vote amongst themselves? and when will it be decided that there have been enough submissions and it's time to vote?

Registered
    Mar 2003
    A + Normal( B - A ) * ((( B - A ) dot ( P - A )) / VSize( A - B ))
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMachine
    Or make it so it's shrunk inside until it sees someone, then it twists and extends to focus on the person.
    If you give it anything with a small view arc like a telescope, you've got to let it tilt. You could extend the telescope from a neutral position and then tilt it though... could be pretty cool.
    And I like the idea of it checking everyone that passes by. Don't think it would be that hard to script.
    ]V[]V[

Very nice all, i think maybe the kazoo it too big in that first one on this page.

I like the one with the griddle, that looks like cp3o.
    SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug
    aye, exactly my initial thought too. Somthing about it rubs me the wrong way, sorry cythe.

Claymore - I think if you got new eyebrows and colored like a metal plate around the mouth it might look better. Maybe some kinda of aluminum type color.
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shug

:Edit: Actually imo it looks like all the pictures cythe posts of himself loller.
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I think TUT could do with an evil monkey or two.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Bleh my cruddy photochops on texturinging the 2D images end-up sucking anyway imho *shrug*

Might want to add rivets long the edge of the lines to give it a little *shrug* somthing

*taking to claymore there of course*

Cythe's looks cool but I gotta admit the first thing to pop into my head was a Guerilla head as well. A texture would probably solve that though.
    ZT
    Aka Trunks0,TrunksOfSuffering

Thread Information