Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1.5 Watcher Model Competition!

Registered
    Jan 2004
    Here's what I meant (it may or may not be an improvement, just trying to make it look less "nice").
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok, we've got what, three good models? so when are we going to do this? I think I'm ready to hear a call for final versions and then vote for the winner. can't help but think this is as many submissions as we're likely to get. I'm impatient for V1.5 so let's make this happen.
    Game Console: " nobody killed .:M.Gladius with his nothing."
    If you say "nobody is better than me" you are probably wrong and if you're right, you have no reason to brag!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    hmm, a month of 1.4 and you are already impatient for 1.5?! I remmember the days when many many many moons seperated patch releases
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

lol i think you mean years
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Let's use ALL the models!

You're winner, I'm winner, Everyone winner!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Lets see some more pictures of how everyone's model if fairing at this point
    Last edited by ZTx3; 5th Apr 2005 at 02:52 AM.
    ZT
    Aka Trunks0,TrunksOfSuffering

Registered
    May 2002
    Rest assured, I'm still avidly examining everything that's said here. Part of the reason this is running so long is that I've had about a gazillion things to do IRL, which combined with the sudden death of my main systems power supply (and subsequent delay getting a new one) and my reluctance to spend twelve minutes rebuilding th-airship after every tweak on my old system <deep breath> ...
    Okay, I forgot where that was going.
    Mord need finish maps before watcher contest close or Mord becomes reason 1.5 delayed :p
    Mordengaard - Tester/Mapper/Voice Actor/Nitpick/Coder

"Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."
    :: Howard Scott

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordengaard
    my reluctance to spend twelve minutes rebuilding th-airship after every tweak on my old system <deep breath> ...
    Wuss!

Breandor took an hour on my old rig; I got through many books while making it.

oh wow, I didn't know it'd been only a month or so since 1.4 was out, it's the only version I've played. only a month. . . here I thought 1.4 had been the old standby for a while. anyway I'm still ready to get this watcher model thing on the road.
    If you say "nobody is better than me" you are probably wrong and if you're right, you have no reason to brag!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    1.4 has been out since the dawn of time. I kid you not.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Aye, its been much much longer than a month Ian, my comment was a bit misleading I suppose. I said a month because, thats about how long you've been around for, no?
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

lollercoasterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! for you!
    1.5 will > YOU!
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

ahhh it all becomes clear. . . yeah, I was only getting impatient for 1.5 because I've been hearing about it and it sounds so close to being done. so, close. I'm always the guy that gets a little itchy when a big job is getting close to being done (I'm an Electrician) so I guess it's just one of my quirks showing through.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Cool! electrician eh? *Pulls out broken drill, toaster, coffee maker and radio

Registered
    May 2002
    Can anyone working on a watcher model please pm me with a rough time to completion (or the actual files if you're done). I'm going to be closing this contest in the next few days.

"Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Done.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    so 1.5 will be out this weekend!!? or TODAY IN TIME FOR MY BIRTHDAY!??
    This is my cool sig.

Registered
    May 2002
    Er... no.

Registered
    May 2002
    Okay, this contest (and thread) is officially closed. I've received ONE submission (so far), so I'm going to email the other people who were working on models and see how they're going. Expect a voting thread to be up soon.

Thread Information