Thread: Cheat Protection for Matches

Cheat Protection for Matches

I've been looking into some new cheat protection that I'm going to offer to people matching on our server. It does require a clientside DLL to be installed that has to be downloaded outside of the game. If any teams are interested please let me know ahead of time and I'll test it out.

This is not a requirement of matching on our server but is now an option. I'll let Bill decide whether both teams have to agree to it or just one.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Great

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Could this be something that any server could require? Or does it only apply to an official match setting?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I'm cool with that Granky-poo, where can I get details on this Cheat thingie-mi-didjy?
    ~TuF~

Registered
    Jan 2003
    This pwnage was given to you by 1 of 3 mutated thievery players.
    But ... that means .... damn you grank.
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

FInally i dont believe that anyone uses Cheats in a Match. Those who do Matches are almost Guildmembers, that stands for Honour, Respectful, Netiquette, etc.

Last not least, it would not look good, to install an AntiCheatTool on a Matchserver, cuz it would suggest to expect any Cheat, know how i mean?
    A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Centre
    Vietcong Customs Centre

Quote Originally Posted by Brody
    FInally i dont believe that anyone uses Cheats in a Match. Those who do Matches are almost Guildmembers, that stands for Honour, Respectful, Netiquette, etc.

Last not least, it would not look good, to install an AntiCheatTool on a Matchserver, cuz it would suggest to expect any Cheat, know how i mean?
    In all official tournaments I've ever played in the UT world cheat protection is a requirement. I'm not saying it should be here but I'm now offering it as an option. There is no harm in that.

Registered
    Sep 2003
    I *DID* beat Thievery! YEAH! (confirmed by dragon)
    As long as it dosen't slow down the game or anything a lot, I'm okay with it. It will probably make more people feel comfortable, you know what I mean?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Granky! I was there all last night.. but you never came... -sorrow- I'll be able to do some testing Thursday if your around then.
    ~TuF~

Thread Information