X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WildBill
    • Jan 2003

TWIII - Switch to new maps with 1.5?

It looks like the Thievery 1.5 patch is imminent -- there's a good chance it will be released before the end of Turf Wars III -- and it has quite a few updated maps. This causes a minor problem: do we begin using the updated maps when they're available, or do we continue to use the 1.4 versions for the tournament?

Vote and comment if you have an opinion.
    Yes!
    93.75%
    No!
    6.25%
    Last edited by WildBill; 13 Mar 2005, 06:56 PM.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
  • okih-imus
    • Sep 2003

Yes! It will test the ability of the players and teams to adapt and come up with new strageties. In with the new stuff!

Comment

• Gabriel
      • Oct 2003

I agree with okih.

Sounds like fun.

Brings a whole new meaning to clutch-play-levelwhoring.

Comment

• Machine
        • Jan 2003

I think we should for this reason alone : Every guild will start with an equal amount of turf.

However, I think if 1.5 is going to be a month or two we should perhaps say nay and include them in TW4? LATEJOINING MAPS OMG! (you cannot counter)
        ~TuF~

Comment

• WildBill
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by TheMachine
          I think we should for this reason alone : Every guild will start with an equal amount of turf.

However, I think if 1.5 is going to be a month or two we should perhaps say nay and include them in TW4? LATEJOINING MAPS OMG! (you cannot counter)
          The new 1.5 maps won't be added into TWIII. This poll is about switching to the updated 1.5 versions of 1.4 maps when they're released.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

• TafferBoy
            • Mar 2003

It really depends how dynamic the change is between the patches, remembering that the maps were selected by the teams based on their merit as guardable maps in their 1.4 incantations.
            .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

• Aggamemnon
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by TafferBoy
              merit as guardable maps.

Not entirely haha

I say we take them in.
              How TuF are you?
              League of Legends
              Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

• Machine
                • Jan 2003

In hindsight we should have left a map out of this TW so that everyone began with 3 maps. As regards switching the maps to the new ones, thats fine becasue I am assuming that the alterations to each map balance them more equally (Although Gladius' point of the choice of maps is a good one.), I don't think we should -add- anymore until the next Turwars.
                ~TuF~

Comment

Working...
                X