Thread: Ranking/titles.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    A system I'd like to see implemented

Some way to have a ranking, like Private/Lieutenant/Captain for guards, and Taffer/Thief/Masterthief for thieves... offcourse more ranks would have to be added for diversity, and perhaps even ranks that indicate what type of thief-player you are... IE: assassin for a thief that kills alot of guards, or Phantom/wraith if you recieve virtually no damage every match.

This would need something that records game info, like kills, deaths and score at the endgame... all those numbers would be accumulated and devided by the amount of time you've played... and according to the number that comes out you get your Rank... we could also make a more viable World ranking system this way, I just don't like that "site's" (can't remember name) formula for ranking, basiccaly, those who played most got a good ranking... this system would have to be more based on skill.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    When ranks and ranking systems are added people start changing how they play to aquire things that are not really important, im against these from the start.

Play for fun and nothing else (unless its a clan/guild match and even then it should be mainly fun)

Nice idea but some things are best left out of games.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Don't we already have something like this? Bloodlust, Sharpshooter, etc.
    TCO Retired
    Former TCO Head of Intelligence Retired

Registered
    Jan 2003
    please make it so you get a HIGHER stealth score for ghosting...
    i mean i don't KO anyone and i'm not even seen i get a 27...then i do the exact same thign with KOs and i get 90.... :roll:

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggamemnon
    When ranks and ranking systems are added people start changing how they play to aquire things that are not really important, im against these from the start.

Play for fun and nothing else (unless its a clan/guild match and even then it should be mainly fun)

Nice idea but some things are best left out of games.
    I couldn't have said it better.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Interesting idea but it will likely have a negative impact on gameplay and promote egoism.
    BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Registered
    Jan 2003
    yes...and i love saying "damn ctg server kicked me so now i got a 0 score >: ( "

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I'd like to see more perks at the end of a level, dependant on what you did during the level, even silly stuff like who suicided the most!
    ~TuF~

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Hey guess what? Santa Hat season is coming...
    This idea could be built into TheMachine's program that digests statistics from log files. It would be kinda of a summary of a player, and totally separate from the Thievery game, meaning you would be unaware of you ranking unless you purposely went to a website that displayed these stats. How's that going, TheMachine?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Buho
    This idea could be built into TheMachine's program that digests statistics from log files. It would be kinda of a summary of a player, and totally separate from the Thievery game, meaning you would be unaware of you ranking unless you purposely went to a website that displayed these stats. How's that going, TheMachine?
    Nowhere at the mo, gonna wait till i finish uni, i've got about 4 programs to write at the moment :x

Once I get a solid 9-5 job where i don't have any frikkin homework I'd like to get involved in helping out programming mods etc.... when the time comes I'll code this program and then maybe ask Dalai if he needs any help with this or the Theivery 2003 project (if it exists)

I'm so board of programming SHIT for my course, I want to make something that people will actually use.
    ~TuF~

Thread Information