Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: OT: Files not displaying in detail view

  1. #1
    Member
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lurking in a gloomy crypt, watching Dr. Who on DVD.
    Posts
    302
    Aargh, I need help! Dammit, but I just can't find anything about this on the net, and I've never seen it happen before. None of my files show in My Computer or Explorer, if the file view is set to detail view. Icons or list display fine, but not detail (which is what I always use). Anyone heard of anything like this before?



    Installing Win98 again over the top didn't help, and I can't find anything on the windows site or google. Man, and I only just fixed my mouse driver too (this problem was around before that though).

    I so hate windows.
    {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
    Contact details updated
    I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

  2. #2
    Member
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lurking in a gloomy crypt, watching Dr. Who on DVD.
    Posts
    302
    *bump* (yeah it's pretty early for a bump, but threads get pushed down *really* quick in this forum, and I would very much appreciate some Windows-guru help with this issue if we have any, and I need to go to bed now so I won't be able to bump it later )
    {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
    Contact details updated
    I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

  3. #3
    ahh it's good to see someone else using Win98 (the best Windows there is.. cuz it has the least crap).

    Have you tried unchecking "as Web Page" in the View menu?

    I've never seen the problem you have, so here are my settings.

    Under Folder Options:
    General Tab: I have this set to "Classic Style"
    View Tab: The only things checked are "Display the full path in title bar"; "Show all files" under Hidden files; "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items"; and "Show window contents while dragging".


    In your screenshot I can't see underneath the menu. Do you see the column headings such as "Name, Size, Type, Modified"? I'm wondering if somehow all of those got turned off (probably in the registry somewheres).

  4. #4
    Member
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lurking in a gloomy crypt, watching Dr. Who on DVD.
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy
    ahh it's good to see someone else using Win98 (the best Windows there is.. cuz it has the least crap).

    Have you tried unchecking "as Web Page" in the View menu?

    I've never seen the problem you have, so here are my settings.

    Under Folder Options:
    General Tab: I have this set to "Classic Style"
    View Tab: The only things checked are "Display the full path in title bar"; "Show all files" under Hidden files; "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items"; and "Show window contents while dragging".


    In your screenshot I can't see underneath the menu. Do you see the column headings such as "Name, Size, Type, Modified"? I'm wondering if somehow all of those got turned off (probably in the registry somewheres).
    Web page view or no web page view doesn't help, and no the column headings don't display, but as you can see in list view (the left window) they display fine

    Perhaps you're right about the column headings being turned off - but if so I have no idea where in the registry to edit to get them back, or if it's a corrupted windows system file, or what.

    Anyway, thanks for the help It's just such a WEIRD problem!
    {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
    Contact details updated
    I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Member
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lurking in a gloomy crypt, watching Dr. Who on DVD.
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy
    What can I say... he's a legend! Onya Slappy! Thanks!

    And for Microsoft.... WHAT THE F*CK WERE YOU THINKING???????
    {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
    Contact details updated
    I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

  7. #7
    Member
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Location
    .nl
    Posts
    2,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy
    And for Microsoft.... WHAT THE F*CK WERE YOU THINKING???????
    I could say the same to you. Posting an image that big, screwing up the forum size.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ømega
    I could say the same to you. Posting an image that big, screwing up the forum size.
    *cries for Omega's pain*

  9. #9
    Member Curunir's Avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Location
    In a dream in a dream...
    Posts
    2,623
    *kicks Omega whilst he is down*

  10. #10
    New Member
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    22
    Well, in my Win98 the thumbnails of the left side do not show when using the "Web view". I do not know what will fix your problem though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Will there be a 1st perspective view?
    By ant in forum Alien Swarm Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 13th Apr 2006, 06:28 AM
  2. help with .bin and .cue files
    By -=Moss=- in forum Troubleshooting & Technical Help
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 17th Aug 2004, 08:08 PM
  3. Multi-cam view
    By The_Dan in forum Thievery Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 21st May 2003, 06:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •