Thread: Thievery Mutator

Thievery Mutator

I just recently downloaded the Thievery Mutator, but I am not sure if it is working correctly when I am play thievery 1.5

I see other people using it(invisable in shadows)and was wondering if I am doing somethig wrong.

THx.

Did you download the Thievery mutator for Unreal Tournament, or did you download ThieveryUT?

Thievery(1.5)for UT then I got the Thievery Mutator and installed it.

The Thievery Mutator has nothing to do with the ThieveryUT game. To play ThieveryUT, you have to have installed Unreal Tournament (the original game from 1999, not UT2003 or UT2004), patched it to the 436 version, then installed the 1.5 version of Thievery. You start it with the shortcut the installer should have placed on your desktop (or by running ThAux.exe, which you'll find in your Unreal Tournement/System folder), not by starting up Unreal Tournament.

Maybe I am just nuts but why do some people disappear completely in Thievery when in shadows, or is that the way the game is? Or is that an admin power or a hack or what, was just wondering about that.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by arcana_imperii
    Maybe I am just nuts but why do some people disappear completely in Thievery when in shadows, or is that the way the game is? Or is that an admin power or a hack or what, was just wondering about that.
    Thieves in shadows are faded out based on how dark the shadow is -- in full shadow, they become completely invisible. You do this simply by being in the shadow, no further action is required.

Guards can not hide in shadows like that.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Ok thx, sorry for sounding stupid, but I just had to ask.

Registered
    Jan 2004
    Ask away we try to be helpful to new players (we need as many ppl as we can get!).

Yeah not alot of servers, and not alot of true thief gaming going on A.K.A. people using UT weapons for thievery, and people with godmode.

Registered
    Jan 2004
    What does A.K.A. mean?

Noone uses UT weapons for thievery UT on the official servers because the servers have a thing that stops the command to summon that. The same goes for godmode - noone uses godmode on TUT official servers (a few people were banned for cheating and only one has been forgiven).

Registered
    Jan 2003
    You know that voice in your head? Well...
    Zidane likes setting up a server like that every now and them for kicks.
    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

well...I was on a server and know what I saw, but oh well.

P.S....A.K.A.= also known as, just in case you did not know

Registered
    Jan 2003
    If it was on the Crkz server, watch out for one of the crazy admins known as Grank. If he doesn't get what he wants, or if he feels owned in anyway. He will go into server admin status, and summom a warheadlauncher and blow everybody asses to the ground. Yup.

Welcome to Thievery. The amount of servers will vary. Enjoy your stay, ask questions, and have fun. : -)

Yes another player to beat up on ^_^

Welcome
    SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Registered
    Jan 2004
    If you think people have godmode on during a game then try turning it on yourself - it won't work. BTW when I substituted also known as into your sentence it made no sense that's why I didn't get it.

Ok, so we all have our own opinions, HOWEVER, maybe it was an admin that was using it on the server I was at, if I am not mistaken it was a thief co-op server for thievery.

Registered
    Jan 2004
    I think the good thing about TUT is that we don't have cheaters (the pros use plenty of map exploits - you'll learn them all ) because cheaters get banned fast. Compare this to counterstrike (so I hear) etc.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by arcana_imperii
    Ok, so we all have our own opinions, HOWEVER, maybe it was an admin that was using it on the server I was at, if I am not mistaken it was a thief co-op server for thievery.
    A co-op server, eh? I wouldn't be surprised if people were mucking around on a co-op server. But people are generally serious on the normal servers.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Co=op server.. EHy! Iremember you! yeah, that was Sneaky and Zidane. Both are the crazy types that convert Unreal1 maps to Thievery instead of playing on Thievery-made maps, and do all kinds of crazy stuff. And like spiders way too much.

On any of the oficial servers you're good togo. Crackaz, Brody's Emke's or Uncle Mango's are usually good, though Mango's is down ATM for technical problems (ie. FiOS has bitrate errors with other connections and Dr.TCP isn't working right in Thievery)
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Registered
    Jan 2004
    ORJ is also another reputable server but down at the moment (TvG servers are almost always proper non-cheatable servers).

Thread Information