X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sky-fiwa-
    • Sep 2005

Thievery Map Editor

i was trying to get in the Thievery map editor to see if i can make a map, but i had a critical error. The error said:

General Protection Fault!

Histroy: UEditorEngine::Init <- Init Engine

Anyone here have a clue what this is about. What does the Init mean? I've also figured why my connection is screwed up. It's the Router, i don't know whats wrong with it but can anyone give me any advice on my router plz tell me.
    My Profile Sux.
  • Fuzzy Bunny
    • Sep 2004

It looks like the editor failed to start. I think that's what the "Init" means. For the router, maybe try restoring it's settings to the basic config.
    Based on a true story.
    The prequel.

Comment

• sky-fiwa-
      • Sep 2005

it's on the basic config but still, i think it broken or something like that
      My Profile Sux.

Comment

• WildBill
        • Jan 2003

If you want people to help you, you're going to have to provide a lot more details about your setup. "It's broken! Fix it!" will get your thread mostly ignored.

Make a seperate thread in the Tech Help forum about the router, following that same advice.
        Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

• BiG_D
          Former Forum Staff
          • Jan 2003

Did you install the 451 patch for UT? If you did, no UED for you.
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

• sky-fiwa-
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by WildBill
            Make a seperate thread in the Tech Help forum about the router, following that same advice.
            This IS the Technical Help place, and your saying put the thread into the Tech Help forum.
            My Profile Sux.

Comment

• sky-fiwa-
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BiG_D
              Did you install the 451 patch for UT? If you did, no UED for you.
              Yes, i did install the 451 patch but what does the patch do to effect the UED?
              My Profile Sux.

Comment

• BiG_D
                Former Forum Staff
                • Jan 2003

It breaks it.
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

• Rythmix
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2005

451 is teh breaker. you will need to reinstall UT to use it.

Comment

• Radamanthus
                    • Jan 2003

451 if goblin food.

Even if you do reinstall though, the UED goblin hates anything to do with sky or boxes, or meshes, or anything involving UT for that matter. He'll eat your children, and slowly devour your body piece by piece with no utensils but a dull spoon.

Good luck!
                    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

• Thebos
                      • Jan 2003

Unless you are running a server, you only need the 436 patch.

451 is security fixes. For whatever reason, UED breaks when the patch installs (known issue they are working on)

If you want use UED and run a server, recommend two installs.
                      Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                      Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

• Shug
                        • Jan 2003

451b allegeldy fixed the UED problem, but a pile of people reported that it's still broken.
                        Nightmaster,
                        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                        - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

• Rythmix
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by necros
                          451b does not fix unreal ed, however if you patch TO 451b from 436, it does not break.

if you have ever been to 451 normal, unreal ed is permenantly screwed
                          Looks like you have to go directly from 436 to 451b and skip the original 451

Comment

• Thebos
                            • Jan 2003

That may work, but would check UED functionality before making the switch to 451b.
                            Originally posted by UTPG.org
                            There are reports that have been confirmed that UnrealEd still doesn't function after putting 451b on. The fix would be to make a backup copy of UT (just copy your UT folder) and then use that 436 for UnrealEd and the 451 for play/servers. We will be digging further into the UnrealEd bugs and try to get a fix out for it.
                            Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                            Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

• Radamanthus
                              • Jan 2003

451b has screwy errors in Unrealed. For example, the Ued goblin eats your memory and CPU usage if you look at something incorrectly (at a bad angle). You have to get the task manager to beat it with a stick to get him to leave.
                              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
                              X