Thread: Lack of Updates?

Registered
    Oct 2005

Question Lack of Updates?

I'm rather new to alien swarm and had just discovered it in a magazine somewhere and have been watching it. It look nice overall alot like Wh40K space hulk in real time. I'm not saying you copied anyone but just saying it looks kinda like it. I've noticed theres been a lack of information that came out cabout it's devolopement lately. can you give me a status of how far the game is done?

Registered
    Oct 2005
    oh yeah and heres a link to space hulk and you can see there's a slight connection between the two. Course the marines and the space maries are totoally different from each other the gameplay concept is sorta the same.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?name=Space+Hulk

Registered
    Oct 2004
    We have discussed this many times and we have ended in the conclusion that this game is different from Space Hulk even with small similarities, but they are a must in a co-op "FPS"...(Well ASw is not FPS but I can't find another way to say it). You could also say that ASw is based on Aliens (Really is actually) or Zombies ate my neighbours or whatever, everything is similar to other things these days. I myself have Space Hulk and I must say, weapons+aliens look a lot alike, but every game nowadays has an assault rifle and a flamthrower, you can't run away from that fact.

As for the lack of information, it's kinda what Black Cat Games do. They don't update very often and when they do they release small bits of info that get us excited. But when the game is coming out/has come out, it'll come out with a bang!
    The *mean French look* haunts...everywhere.

Look mom, I double A'd Moses -2kmix- heavy

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Yeh....even though i have never been here to see an update of anything when they update it its like 1000 parasites hatching at the same time and coming after you.
    BANG! COMPUTER OVERBURN!
    Your order has been dispatched!

Registered
    Sep 2004
    I was around when Thievery 1.5 and Alien Swarm 1.2 were released, although I hadn't been plaing Swarm until after that. BCG never really sets a concrete release date until they're pretty much done with the patch or game. Don't worry though, they're still working on it

Registered
    Oct 2005
    thanks i thought they gave up on it or something i mean it's been like what 3 months since the last word

Registered
    Apr 2005
    You'll get used to sitting on your butt all day refreshing the monitor to see if Nightblade has been realesed. Dont worry i was just like you when i joined CAT except i came on a very different concept.
    Your order has been dispatched!

Registered
    Oct 2005
    and also is it true they're tilting the camera a little to get a more cienimatic veiw?

but will we still be able to have the classic overhead if we want?

my socks have been rocked clean off

Thread Information