Thread: Disconnecting and then unable to reconnect

Registered
    May 2004

Disconnecting and then unable to reconnect

For quite a while now I've had problems involving me, becoming stuck in a loading screen during map change, involving me having to shut down swarm, but then I am unable to reconnect to the server, appears N/A on the server browser and just cant find the server.

For a while I thought it was a problem to do with my router or something, Then lately, been playing in a few listen servers with my mates, and have had people disconnect in game then not being able to reconnect, and has happened on a LAN too.

Not sure if these problems are connected but they are similar. Anyone else have any problems like this?

Registered
    Apr 2005
    No. o/

Registered
    Oct 2004
    Running around on fire (Merry Christmas BCG you pyromaniacs!)
    Yes, I have had the game hang on the map loading screen a couple of times recently. Usually it will get to the "Alien Swarm : Loading" part and then just stay there for a while. Once itl connected after a very long time, with the computer buzzing away happily to itself.

Most other times though it just keeps on that screen and freezes, forcing me to shut it down and start again. I don't know about the second problem, as I'll usually restart and try to get back into the server quickly through my favourites list.

Sys Specs if it helps.
    Pentium 4 - 2.40Ghz
    512MB RAM
    Radeon 9600
    MS Windows XP Home, SP2

Thread Information