Thread: Server won't come up on the Master Server

Registered
    Apr 2004

Server won't come up on the Master Server

I have recently started running a TUT server on my Win2000 PC...

however, for some reason, i just can't get it to come up on the masterserver list...

when i ran the server on *this* computer, it worked fine, and came up on the masterserver list within seconds, however, no matter how long i wait, it just wont come up.

I can connect to it by putting 192.168.0.1 in favourites and connecting there, or by connecting to lan server...

i have not tried using (>open IP/DNS because for WHATEVER server i try, that just sits on connecting, not just that.

Bandit's UTPLUG thing works, if you tell it to connect to amd26.no-ip.org:7777... so i think ASE would do it to... Server Thingy

to get tut on the server, all i did was copy the UnrealTournament folder from here to there, so the copies of UT are identical. It is Running Windows 2000 Server, Service Pack 4.

If 2000S doesnt have a built in firewall... it's not firewalled
    if it does, i have no idea how to open ports on it.
    Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Registered
    Aug 2005
    i know somtimes it takes a while for the server to show up on the master server. it took mine half a day to appear on it. might be that as i had the same problem where i could connect via the ip and on lan but not on the master server.
    [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
    Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
    AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
    Videos - YouTube

Registered
    Nov 2003
    It works now.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    for some reason i still dont see it, but ok, if you guys see it i dont mind lol!

btw bandit, u might want to update ur site to amd26.no-ip.org:7777
    Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I've had the same problem ever since I've been using this router, Necros. My server never shows up for me in the server browser except on the LAN tab. I just add it to my favorites so I can see all the servers on one tab. I know it is visible to others since people join it. I just checked and can see your server too Necros.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    That might be why, because the server is also the virtual router for all other computers in my house

Registered
    Aug 2005
    just been on your server. after i finshed a map the map vote didnt appear - not sure if thats my pc or your server tho (map vote works for me on other servers so just thought id mention it)
    [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
    Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
    AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
    Videos - YouTube

The reason you don't see your own server is because you are behind your own firewall. Your server is on your.outside.ip:7777, but you are inside seeing 192.168.0.xxx. You would have to have loopback enabled to see your own server from the outside.

There is one way around this I know of, but my memory is a tad off on why.. since if you have all the proper ports open it shouldn't really matter.

1. Put the server PC on DMZ and you should see it (Thats how i tested mine when i had this problem)

Also be sure 7777,7778,7787,7788,27900 are open on that address.
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Quote Originally Posted by -KewlAzMe-
    Also be sure 7777,7778,7787,7788,27900 are open on that address.
    Yeah, I put mine into some DMZ or whatever and it didn't work for me, but i eventually got it that the firewall on my computer was blocking the program, Windows Firewall, under the exceptions

What Kewl said, make sure the ports are open, I think 27900 is the Master server uplink port, not sure but i think thats the port that shows your server on the list, you might want to check that
    SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I'm not sure if this was the situation at your Necros but once, I switched TS from my Server to my games machine, I switched the ports from that machines IP whilst TS was running, now, this didn't work, and it stopped it working until I rebooted my router.

I wonder if for some reason the router didn't like me switching the ports whilst there was data going through them?

I have changed the ports since by shutting down TS -> switching ports -> turning on TS on other machine and this works 100%.

It may not have been the case in your scenario but jsut throwing ideas!
    ~TuF~

Registered
    Apr 2004
    The Server acts as the router, and is plugged into a modem... Free modem, why bother buying a router when a computer can do it

ad-hoc for teh win
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by necros
    The Server acts as the router, and is plugged into a modem... Free modem, why bother buying a router when a computer can do it
    Because:

a) A computer is normally more expensive. More parts to replace, more parts to maintain...
    b) A computer makes more noise and takes up more room + consumes more power than a router.
    c) From my experiance, a router is more stable - and you certainly can not deny that windows vs. a routers firmware in regards to stablility is probably a firmware win... especially if you've got a half decent router.
    d) The "BT" (British Telecom) modems, out of the 3 I've installed, all 3 disconnected me after prolonged periods of time. Maybe just bad luck....

Thats why!
    ~TuF~

Registered
    Apr 2005
    But a server can do so much more than a router, and can be upgraded with newer software at any time
    [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
    Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Indeed, which is why I have a games machine, a server + a router.

Newer software, newer firmware. There is no argument there really.
    ~TuF~

Registered
    Apr 2004
    When you built the server out of shit you find in a corporate dumpster, cost really isn't an issue.

And i have a GSV BT Voyager 105 Modem, and it's never disconnected me... Its the standard one i got sent, so i think that you just have bad luck... ^^

The reason why i dont use a router is because i can't have multiple connections on the same account, so one computer has to connect pppoe, and the others through that...

Registered
    Jan 2003
    So really it's the ISP which sucks
    ~TuF~

Thread Information