X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoData
    • Mar 2005

THN ASw servers need our help

As many read on DelXander's Underneath insane run thread, THN needs us! No joking. It's a critical moment not just for them, but for us too! THN hosts 2 excellent servers on the Euro side, and, as many know, they offer me, the only American side server, really fast downloads via their redirect server. If THN falls, NDA will propably fall as well. That means we'd lose 3 of our 4 regular servers!!!

I'll refer you this thread on the THN forums for more details. I can't request you to help them if I'm not doing it myself. DeLiRiUm and I are gonna give something. We're still waiting for the last confirmation of our Paypal account (2-3 business days they're telling me).

Just do the same. It only takes 2 minutes, and you will give another kick to that awesome game! And who knows, maybe THN will host more good servers for AS:I when it's released!
    My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
    And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2
  • Ki!ler-Mk1
    • Apr 2005

£60 for all that, im suprised they have funding issues (i wish i cud help) .
    Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• DON'T PANIC
      • Dec 2003

I can't see helping being a huge problem for me, as long as I increase my extortion racket(s) a little.
      Last edited by DON'T PANIC; 18 Apr 2006, 09:09 PM.
      “That’s not what justice is,” the colonel jeered, and began pounding the table again with his big fat hand. “That’s what Karl Marx is. I’ll let you know what justice is. Justice is a knee in the gut from the floor.

Comment

• RoninStorm
        • Aug 2004

Hi Black Cats.

Fuzzy Bunny posted a link through to here (thanks FB!). I'm really so very happy to see this thread. Thank you! Here's to hoping for a windfall so we can run these servers for months and years to come.

Originally posted by NoData
        maybe THN will host more good servers for AS:I when it's released!
        We're already hosting Counter Strike: Source on and off, so the engine is all in place. Looking forward to AS:I myself!
        Ronin Storm, THN Administration Team
        Visit TheHavenNet Games!

Comment

• PsiSoldier28
          • Feb 2006

i would donate 20bucks if i was old enough to have a paypal account >_>
          http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

• Pestcontrol
            • Apr 2005

Thank you very much for this thread ND, it's good to see not just the THN admins care. I really appreciate it.

As far as i'm aware there is no age limit, at least, the signup process doesn't ask your age or date-of-birth. I thought i needed a credit card, but you can just do bank transfers too, only takes a little longer.

@ Ki!ler-Mk1: Everyone can help. Surely you're not a poor poor student with all the new computer hardware you have. I even recommended against SLI. That's a good pack of cash right in your pocket.
            [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
            Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Comment

• DON'T PANIC
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Pestcontrol
              Surely you're not a poor poor student with all the new computer [/URL]
              Well, yes I am, but extortion of funds from brothers yields a remarkable windfall...
              “That’s not what justice is,” the colonel jeered, and began pounding the table again with his big fat hand. “That’s what Karl Marx is. I’ll let you know what justice is. Justice is a knee in the gut from the floor.

Comment

• SqUEE
                • Dec 2004

i money baz....with money, and he'll put the money, with his money into the internets
                http://www.squee.biz/matrix.exe
                http://serverinfo.squee.biz

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
                  • Apr 2005

I've spoke to the owners of my paypal account, i may(it aint up to me i swaer) donate if theres no money end of the deadline
                  Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• BiG_D
                    Former Forum Staff
                    • Jan 2003

Remember that paypal has big delays on it if you're drawing directly from a bank account, sometimes up to two weeks.
                    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

• Fuzzy Bunny
                      • Sep 2004

I'm going to talk to one of my friends about paying him cash to donate in about an hour, it should work out
                      Based on a true story.
                      The prequel.

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by BiG_D
                        Remember that paypal has big delays on it if you're drawing directly from a bank account, sometimes up to two weeks.
                        Credit card, normally takes 2 hours or less.
                        Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• modetwo
                          Webmaster
                          • Jan 2003

How much is the annual (or monthly) fee for the hosting server? Is it a dedicated server?

Comment

• BiG_D
                            Former Forum Staff
                            • Jan 2003

Pretty sure it's a simple dedicated server, but I'm not sure on the exact arrangement, Pest or one of the other admins would be able to fill you in. As of right now, the server is costing €88.00 per month.
                            It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

• NoData
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BiG_D
                              Holy crap! Really? That suck! And what about the damn credit card number i have added months ago, i still cant use it!
                              My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
                              And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

Working...
                              X