Thread: Just set up a server ... HELP!

Just set up a server ... HELP!

Hi all,
    I just set up an Alien swarm 1.3 server on our dedicated box located here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada ...
    Its a fresh new addition, just installed like I said. The server is currently running, but I have no clue what I'm doing with the Alien Swarm MOD, which looks like great fun!
    Here's where i'm having problems, the server seems to be stuck on one map, after completing the mission, the only options are Restart or Quit ... I can map vote during play, but isn't there supposed to be a continue? Is there no config via the webadmin? If not, how do I best administer this server?
    Any help would be much appreciated! I wanted to start a server as I only found one other one in North America, and figured the more the better. My group has started downloading and installing the MOD, a couple have tried and like it, I just want it to run properly.
    The server is start with this command line:

ucc server AOL-CampaignLobby.ut2?CampaignSlot=0?NewGame=Yes?SlotN ame=$ -mod=AlienSwar

Anyway, any suggestions on mutators or mods / maps whatever, I'll look into it!
    Thanks for the help!

Stan / aka <s^3>Hardfloor

Hi man! If you dindt change the original bind setting, just hit F1, and the control menu will appear. From there, you can see who is online with you, call a lead vote, call a kick vote or call a map vote. If your alone, the map you choose will be automaticly loaded.

The only North American server is mine And its good to see some friends on the dark side! We have some cookies!!!

If you wanna run a good server, I suggest you to add:
    The Telic expansion, the Phalanx camapaign, the Upsilon campaign, and a few cutom map. you can found them here.
    You should add too the friendly fire indicator, you can get it here. Good luck and welcome.
    My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
    And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Hardfloor, very cool that you want to run a dedicated server for ASw, i can't say i've ever seen your problem, but the startup line i currently use for THN (starts a Telic camp by default) is:

Code:
    ucc server AOL-TelicCampaignLobby.ut2?Game=AoCustCamp.AoCCLobbyGameInfo?CustCampStr=AoTelicCamp.AoCCTelicCampaign?CampaignSlot=11?NewGame=Yes?SlotName=Telic?CampaignType=Custom?Mutator=AoTelicBeta.MutTelic -mod=AlienSwarm
    I've only shortened it a little taking out extra mutators and some -ini and -log sections, hope it helps you get started. If you don't want telic just use your local windows install to start a dedicated or listen server and examine the level URL it uses for starting the various campaigns.

Like ND i highly recommend you have a look at the mutators (written by me ), and add Telic at the very least.

Also PM me if you want to include a http download mirror for alienswarm files in your server config

Good luck!
    [THN] Gaming community - www.thehavennet.org.uk
    Proud admin of the THN AlienSwarm server #3 at 82.156.164.3:7777 and #4 at 87.117.203.96:7777. Teamspeak at: teamspeak.thehavennet.org.uk (def. port)

Quote Originally Posted by <s^3>Hardfloor
    Here's where i'm having problems, the server seems to be stuck on one map, after completing the mission, the only options are Restart or Quit ... I can map vote during play, but isn't there supposed to be a continue? Is there no config via the webadmin? If not, how do I best administer this server?
    A hold on... Isn't that just because you're running a single mission rather than a campaign? Do the marine skills in roster show up as numbers/text rather than stars?

You (or players) could just hit F1, do a map vote and vote to start one of the campaigns rather than a map.
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Thanks for the help guys, I'll definately give the muts and maps a try tonight. As I said, I'm completely new to Alien Swarm so it might take a bit to get things just right. Either way from what I've seen, this looks fun! We were looking for some great co-op team based game, and this seems to be just the ticket! It'll be a nice break from our CTF/DM/ONS/INV servers
    I'll try what was mentioned above, if you have any other suggestions, let me know!

ZOMG IS THAT SERVER ACTUALLY IN CANADA??? OMG OMG OMG OMG GOOD PING I SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOUOUOUOUOUOUOUOU!!!!!!

I live in alaska and most of the current asw servers are in europe so I can never ever get good ping and if that server is really in cananda omg omg ogm heaven omg omg ogm heaven.
    ZombieDude: I believe thats your second tk in one game draven?

Nanj: Hes out of control!

<s^3> Server is from Toronto. NDA is from Montréal. You will get probably a better ping on <s^3>, 10-20ms better.
    My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
    And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Living in a mixture of toxic and vanilla coke
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieDude
    ZOMG IS THAT SERVER ACTUALLY IN CANADA??? OMG OMG OMG OMG GOOD PING I SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOUOUOUOUOUOUOUOU!!!!!!

I live in alaska and most of the current asw servers are in europe so I can never ever get good ping and if that server is really in cananda omg omg ogm heaven omg omg ogm heaven.
    Speak for yourself im in AUS
    Blow me Away. A good song.

Registered
    Sep 2004
    I think it's running the new version of Unwheel now

Thread Information