X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dread
    • Oct 2004

How to hack a morita...

Figured I'd make this useful for those willing to muck about in their ini's. Moses mentioned he manually binds this for when he plays tech to make life a little easier, and said that BarmyBrad made an alias like this months ago, but I took it a step further to have an on/off switch for it. If you don't know what this does, don't use it as I will not provide support for this if you've screwed up your ini.

Code:
    Aliases[36]=(Command="AoAltFire | Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease UnFire",Alias="Mori")
    Aliases[37]=(Command="say Morita On | set input 0 MoritaHackOff | set input LeftMouse Mori",Alias="MoritaHackOn")
    Aliases[38]=(Command="say Morita Off | set input 0 MoritaHackOn | set input LeftMouse Fire",Alias="MoritaHackOff")
    this does 2 things, it rebinds your leftmouse and zero key accordingly. The zero key is used to enable/disable the morita hack (useful if you're playing a new character) and the rest should speak for itself.

How to apply: This example assumes you have nothing bound to your "0" (zero) key and your left mouse button is used for firing. Also, my empty aliases start at 36, yours may not. Once you bind 0 with MoritaHackOff it should take effect. Otherwise rewrite it as you need to suit your taste.

Happy morita hacking.
    Last edited by Dread; 28 Jul 2006, 03:44 PM.
    The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
  • DiP
    • Apr 2005

Whats a morita hack?
    Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

• Hybrid
      • Jan 2003

A terrible disease related to morita cough.

Comment

• Baz
        • Jan 2005

Both afflictions are caused by sprained ankles.
        ..it's safer here.

Comment

• Moses2k
          • Oct 2004

...and can be treated by bedrest, hot nurses, and hotter bowls of cywb?

Comment

• Rogueknight
            • Oct 2004

A morita hack attempts to remove the need to hit the middle mouse button to choose your target before firing. Instead the script automatically does this whenever the weapon fires, so you will get autoaim to the nearest target by just firing the weapon.

By tapping the fire key and moving around you can also change your nearest target if you face more than one alien.

This helps as it means you can react faster and be a bit more spray and pray as the weapon will target for you.
            "Underneath the waves of terror, the Fuzzy Bunny thought how silly it was to worry that his pets might not get on"

Comment

• UArchitect
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Rogueknight
              A morita hack attempts to remove the need to hit the "fire grenade/altfire" button to choose your target before firing
              fixed!

Comment

• Felix
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Dread View Post
                F
                Code:
                Aliases[36]=(Command="AoAltFire | Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease UnFire",Alias="Mori")
                Aliases[37]=(Command="say Morita On | set input 0 MoritaHackOff | set input LeftMouse Mori",Alias="MoritaHackOn")
                Aliases[38]=(Command="say Morita Off | set input 0 MoritaHackOn | set input LeftMouse Fire",Alias="MoritaHackOff")
                This is not working for me

However if I type into the console

Code:
                set input leftmouse Fire | AoAltFire
                it works fine.

The result when I started to play a demo and encountered the first alien, totaly forgetting that the hack was enabled, was devastating :-)

Even though the syntax from your code looks fine, could you check if there was maybe a typo or if you forgot something?

Thanks in Advance.
                www.alienswarm.de | [email protected]
                http://steamcommunity.com/groups/alienswarmde

Comment

• Ihmemies
                  • Apr 2005

I have these aliases in my ini:

Code:
                  Aliases[0]=(Command="Button bFire | Fire",Alias="Fire")
                  Aliases[1]=(Command="Button bAltFire | AltFire",Alias="AltFire")

I'm not sure what that does, but it works

Comment

• Dread
                    • Oct 2004

Felix, did you also bind the following to the zero key?
                    Code:
                    set input 0 MoritaHackOn
                    Alternativly, you could tweak the alias to rebind your zero key to another key but for that example I decided zero was appropriate.

What happens is that after hitting the zero key, zero becomes rebound with "MoritaHackOff" and hitting it again, it will rebind itself to "MoritaHackOn" and vice versa. Without it, it won't work.

Comment

• Felix
                      • Apr 2006

Felix, did you also bind the following to the zero key?
                      Code:
                      set input 0 MoritaHackOn
                      No. That might be the problem

Ill test it this eveninig. Thanks for your help

Comment

• Felix
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                        No. That might be the problem

Ill test it this eveninig. Thanks for your help
                        Yes that was it.

Okay for all who read this now, the full lines you have to add to your user.ini are

Code:
                        Aliases[0]=(Command="Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease UnFire",Alias="Fire")
                        Aliases[1]=(Command="Button bAltFire | AltFire",Alias="AltFire")
                        Aliases[37]=(Command="say Party On Wayne! | set input 0 MoritaHackOff | set input LeftMouse Mori",Alias="MoritaHackOn")
                        Aliases[38]=(Command="say Party Off | set input 0 MoritaHackOn | set input LeftMouse Fire",Alias="MoritaHackOff")
                        0=MoritaHackOn

Comment

• Dread
                          • Oct 2004

Uhmmm... You don't have to mess with aliases 0 and 1 at all, Felix. I simply created 2 new ones and rebound my zero key to turn it on and off as needed (ie switching from tech to demo).

However, I have slowly learned that online due to some lag, adding a few more altfires seperated by pipes increase your chances of locking on as sometimes it requires 2 or more attempts before the morita actually locks.

Comment

• Moses2k
                            • Oct 2004

I find that Dread, in fact, is mistaken on that point. There is a minimum time-delay of about a second between locks. I have yet to witness otherwise, even with multiple AoAltFires strung together.

Comment

• Felix
                              • Apr 2006

Uhmmm... You don't have to mess with aliases 0 and 1 at all, ....
                              Yes, I have not changed the first two aliases. They are defaults. I just wanted to show all dependencies for somebody trying to find out why his hack is not working.

So alias 37, 38 plus the 0=MoritaHackOn have to be added or changed.

Anyway, thanks for your help Dread

The hack is working fine. Yes its not locking on 100% reliable but what I do is to press the fire button rapidly if there are more then one alien comming. This increases the chance to get a new lock to the nearest alien.

Comment

Working...
                              X