X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carth
    • Jun 2004

Killing Floor 2.0 released

After a long wait, it finally got released. Just like last time, it is a bit buggy, and not easy. The single player has been completely removed, and it now focuses on the co-op multiplayer survival mode.

If you don't remember it from last time, it is a co-op game where you survive waves of zombies with limited ammo. We had some fun with 1.0, so check it out.

The website doesn't seem to have been updated with the download link yet, but Alex (the mod creator) announced it on the KF forums. You can find the list of mirrors here.

Have fun
  • beast
    • Jan 2003

Shame nobody is playing it though.
    deserve victory

Comment

• Carth
      • Jun 2004

True. But that's why I posted it here. Last time we had quite a few BCG members meeting up and playing it. My server was full nearly all the time for a few weeks. It declined in popularity as anything does.

I've seen people saying exactly what you just said about TUT, or about Alien Swarm. I don't like the "nobody is playing it so I won't" attitude. The people who idle in the server browser should join a server instead of waiting for someone else to.

If you check the Alien Swarm servers, there isn't always someone playing it. Usually GMT evenings are the times when you can find a populated server. There's nobody playing ASw right now, but there actually are people playing KF right now. After a mod is released is the time to play.

Comment

• Moses2k
        • Oct 2004

The Visual C++ runtime library crashes on start. No spaces in the path or anything else terribly unusual.

Comment

• Carth
          • Jun 2004

Do you have the latest UT2004 patch and the bonus pack?

But yeah, I think this version actually has more bugs than 1.0. But unlike the 1.0 bugs which did stuff like giving you infinite ammo, these bugs are somewhat game-breaking so that a lot of people can't even play. Maybe there will be a patch this time next year.

Comment

• beast
            • Jan 2003

I never said I'm not playing it, Carth, just that nobody else is and that's a shame.

I've been idling in a dedicated server all day.
            deserve victory

Comment

• Moses2k
              • Oct 2004

It's okay. I remembered that I could be playing Swarm right now, so I nixed it.

Comment

• Carth
                • Jun 2004

I recommend Moses' course of action.

I found it fun when I got it working, but tbh I would wait until they fix the major bugs.

Comment

• Nachimir
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Carth
                  I've seen people saying exactly what you just said about TUT, or about Alien Swarm. I don't like the "nobody is playing it so I won't" attitude. The people who idle in the server browser should join a server instead of waiting for someone else to.
                  If master servers could also show the number of people browsing, do you think that might be a solution?

Comment

• DiP
                    • Apr 2005

Downloading now.
                    Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Nachimir
                      If master servers could also show the number of people browsing, do you think that might be a solution?

That is a good idea, the problem with swarm is you might join a game, and then if you dont play; you wait, get bored go afk the server is broken until you crash or admin kicks you etc

That sounds like a good idea for AS:I, Nach.
                      Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• Carth
                        • Jun 2004

Not everybody uses the in-game browser. There are external applications like ASE, and many web-based ways, including plugins and scripts like this one. These people are all checking if there is a server to join without ever starting the game.

Comment

• Schleicher
                          • Jun 2003

Probably nobodies playin it because they cant join a server

Seems to be a bug of somekind, wasnt able to join any of the 3 or so open servers and judging from the KF forum im not the only one.

Made my own and pranced around abit on my own and it seems its the same good ol slaughteroo with some good (KF 1.0 bugs gone, everything looking even more fancy schmancy) and bad (Lockers replaced by one "shop" located at the ass of each map, only available between waves to boot. Well ya got ammo and stuff lying around but its still bleh) changes. Now if i only could play properly
                          My leet Thievery Map
                          My leet UT3 Map
                          My leet AS Map

Comment

• DiP
                            • Apr 2005

It reminded me soo much of Resident Evil 4 with the shop, It even had the blue glow that Resident Evil 4 has. And, like all horror games, they have to have a girl who screams. In this case a woman...
                            Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

• Schleicher
                              • Jun 2003

Eh was able to play in the meantime. Good stuff, but i really hate the shop concept for various reasons im too lazy too explain right now
                              My leet Thievery Map
                              My leet UT3 Map
                              My leet AS Map

Comment

Working...
                              X