X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Donator
    • Jul 2004

Testers Needed

Dedicated testers are needed for ongoing AS mapping project to evaluate fun-factor, playability and general quality of product. You will also assess performance and try to discover and report errors, primarily exploits and gamebreaking issues of any kind. At later stages you might be required for closed multiplayer testing sessions as well. Capability of actively assisting with development is a big plus. You should be male, French, in your mid-fourties and have bad breath. Minor skills required are coherent language, reliability, discretion and the ability to hit a moving target repeatedly. Applications should be made through private message or posting below. We reserve the right to turn down people at a whim without explanation though, should the onrush prove impossible to handle.

Have a nice day.
  • Ki!ler-Mk1
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Donator View Post
    Applications should be made through private message or posting below.
    Sounds intresting, I enjoyed testing telic.

Well im intrested in taking part.
    Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• Carth
      • Jun 2004

Can't you tell us what it is?

Comment

• NoData
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Donator View Post
        ...You should be male, French, in your mid-fourties and have bad breath...
        I have all the quality listed here since i just wake up! And i have the highest "French factor" of the community! Sounds interesting Don. Im in. I think i have a good mapping basis that could help you.
        My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
        And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Comment

• Donator
          • Jul 2004

Can't you tell us what it is?
          That's actually a little bit complicated. After the release of Telic, there was quite a bit of unused and unfinished stuff left, design concepts, basic layouts, various little gimmicks and custom content that didn't make it into the final, which I now decided to wrap up into something playable while ASw is still being played. The working title is "Escape From Rhea" (Ao-EFR-...), basically the story picks off right where Telic ended, the first map even uses some parts of 'Underneath', but played in reverse. Atm we have two maps in beta status, say, playable, decent looking and probably releasable after some tweaking, and two more in promising pre-alpha stages. It's a small map pack, if you want. The main issue here is manpower, Sniper1 is helping me out, but I don't want to announce a full sized 'campaign', simply because there isn't going to be one unless some capable mapper decides to join in the fun and contributes a map or two.

[EDIT]
          Added a couple pictures so you get an idea what to expect.
          Phoenix_1.jpg
          Phoenix_2.jpg
          Trenchwar_1.jpg
          Trenchwar_2.jpg
          Last edited by Donator; 19 Aug 2006, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Moses2k
            • Oct 2004

If you need Insane ramboses testing, I might be available.

Comment

• Ki!ler-Mk1
              • Apr 2005

That 4th shot looks awsome.
              Alien Swarm Map List

Comment

• lightfoot
                • Oct 2005

Seems I nearly only got 'minor skills', and not even all of those.

But I can pretend being a DJ at parties, and was told once that I make a good cup of coffee.

I have beaten Crimson land.

My Chinese isn't very good yet, but improving. Probably better than yours.

Being allergic against tennis socks might be a drawback, but I hope I still qualify.

Comment

• PsiSoldier28
                  • Feb 2006

I could be off some help, between my close gaming friends I am known for breaking things and finding new exploits.
                  http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...isoldier28.png

Comment

• reemulmyu
                    • Jul 2004

i will help if required pm me
                    also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

• DelXander
                      • Feb 2006

I'm always interested in testing new content, I would be happy to test it for you. Just PM me if you think I qualify.

Comment

• x-newbie
                        • Mar 2006

Im willing to help too if you think im qualified

Comment

• Donator
                          • Jul 2004

No more testers needed at the moment, thank you all folks. We're in a phase of development and bugfixing now, once there's something new that needs testing, you'll receive PMs with download links.

Btw, Killer, Fuzzy, still waiting for your feedback... or at least a goddamn lifesign.

Comment

• reemulmyu
                            • Jul 2004

chose the wrong helpfull chaps methinks donator goodluck
                            also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Comment

• DelXander
                              • Feb 2006

Ya, how's it going on? Need some more testing in the meantime? Or just more hooray?

Comment

Working...
                              X