Thread: Help with Telic Mutator

Registered
    Feb 2005

Help with Telic Mutator

Hey guys,

I was wondering how to run the relic mutator for offline/single play? I've read the readme and the faqs but for some reason I can't seem to get it to work. Could someone give me a detailed explanation of how to get it working? Thks

Lev

Registered
    Sep 2004
    Type this into the console then use the F1 menu to vote up whatever map you want.
    Code:
    open ao-rescue?Mutator=AoTelicBeta.MutTelic

Registered
    Feb 2005
    thks fuzzy!

From the Telic help manual:

The mutator can also be configured in game by the server admin using 'mutate' commands. The 'mutate' function in the Telic Mutator accepts the following arguments:

- ShowConfig - Shows the current configuration for the mutator.
    - ShowOptions - Shows the list of options that the mutate command accepts.
    - AllOn - Sets all the mutator config variables to True.
    - AllOff - Sets all the variables to False.
    - Equip - Toggles the Telic Equipment.
    - Helmets - Toggles the Telic Helmets.
    - Stims - Toggles the Telic Stims.
    - NoFFAward - Toggles the FF Award.
    - Melee - Toggles the Telic Melee.
    - AddToTelic - Toggles the default behaviour of the mutator when running Telic Campaigns.

So, you can enable/disable the telic stuff only with "mutate" comand when the mutator is ON, like fuzzy said to you. The easiest why is to do a "mutate allon", and restart the map.
    My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
    And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Hum thks, but now more noobiness on my part. When I run the telic campaign in single player, how come the extra stims dun show up. I didn't realize until I got down to the sewers part of the map and had to drop the stims i brought with me for air tanks.

Edit: Ok eventually, i figured out that by running the batch file I can get the stims and such, but then the regular stims are missing? Is there a way to get those back? Oh and gah, the extra stims dun show up in the regular campaigns even though the telic weapons show up
    Last edited by Leviathon; 17th Dec 2006 at 12:37 PM.

Registered
    Sep 2004
    Type "mutate stims" into the console. All those commands that NoData posted can be used in the same way. Example: "mutate melee" would toggle melee damage for marines and "mutate equip" would toggle the Telic equip on or off.

Registered
    Feb 2005
    hum =/ i tried that but for some reason whenever i load up the campaign the mutator just seems to be off. And now I find a new problem where I load up telic with the batch file and have no way of saving my progress so I'd just end up having to replay all the maps over again =/

Registered
    Jan 2007
    Same problem here. "Mutate" comands as well as editing alienswarm.ini don't work at all. wtf?

Registered
    Sep 2004
    Have a look at this and see if it helps solve the problem.

Registered
    Jan 2007
    Already saw that. That's where i learned about the commands in the first place.
    So... which part of that do you think should help me?

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Can you give us a more detailed description of what the problem is ?

To summarize: The mutate commands will work once you load a game with the Telic mutator - either through the batch file that starts a game/server or using the console in offline games like Fuzzy said.

However, the mutator is deactivated on official campaigns (sigma, ortega). You can only play those campaigns with telic additions by creating a custom campaign out of the sigma or ortega maps.
    --

Registered
    Jan 2007
    By default, the mutator is very unintrusive and runs with all the optional features turned off except on Telic Campaigns. If you want to activate any of the optional features outside the Telic Campaign, you can add the following section in the AlienSwarm.ini file:
    The problem is: i can't "activate the optional features outside the Telic Campaign" in online games.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    You need to start the server with the mutator (via the command line), and you need to be logged in as the server admin for the mutate commands to work. Your server ini file should also have the Telic packages in the ServerPackages section as described in the manual.

If the above conditions are true but it still doesn't work, can you attach your server log after starting the server with the mutator and trying some mutator commands ?
    --

Registered
    Jan 2007
    You need to start the server with the mutator (via the command line), and you need to be logged in as the server admin
    And how do i do that?

Registered
    Jun 2004
    To start the server - you use a batch file or shell script. For a listen server, the command looks like:

Code:
    start ut2004.exe server AO-Rescue.ut2?Mutator=AoTelicBeta.MutTelic?Listen -mod=AlienSwarm
    and for a dedicated server:

Code:
    ucc.exe server AO-Rescue?Mutator=AoTelicBeta.MutTelic -mod=AlienSwarm
    (On Linux you use 'exec ./ut2004' and './ucc-bin' respectively)

Once you are connected to the server, you log in as admin using the following command in the console (press F1) - the password is defined in your ini file:

Code:
    adminlogin password
    But just to make sure - what are you trying to do here ? Are you a server admin setting up an online game on the Internet/LAN or are you just 'playing online' by connecting to existing servers ?
    --

Registered
    Mar 2005
    I seem to have similar problem like the thread starter here.

Running AS, with or without the telic campaign works fine. However, every time i try to launch the game offline with telic mutator, i get a crash to the desktop with notice:

Runtime Error! program E:\UT\system\UT2004.exe
    The application requested a runtime to terminate it an unusual way. Please contact application's support team... bla bla blaa. (which in this case have to be you dear readers)

I suspect the error lies in the syntax and I'm misspelling something.

Starting the alienswarm.exe with the mutator seems to lead in a similar crash.

Surprisingly, the default .bat file for starting listen server works correctly, with the mutator working and all.

Could someone cut'n'paste their example of the startup command for alienswarm.exe or ut2004.exe which launches the game with telic mutator but nothing else, please?

Registered
    Sep 2004
    Code:
    C:\UT2004\UT2004.exe -mod=AlienSwarm
    I think that's what my shortcut is set up as.

Registered
    Jan 2007
    2Butters
    Yup, that's the problem. I wasn't logged in. Thx, man.

Thread Information