Thread: Objectives question.

Objectives question.

I was wondering, what kind of new objectives are we going to be able to use on custom maps in ASI?
    "Single handedly, you've ruined the fun many were having with the game. Good job Hitler."

I think because of the engine the possibilities would be endless :O.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Let's hear some.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Rescue Lieutenant Vegas, the Smooth & Cool Marine.

Bring a "barrel of radiation" to the exit point for research purposes.

Locate and retrieve the Tau Cannon.

Save some dragons.

Buy Sarge a new cigar from the store.

Do a mission for Syntek.

Use T-75 to destroy a small building.

Neutralize some civilian NPCs.

Protect a space merchant on his way to the space town.

Use high-pressure hoses to power-wash the mech.

Program the video.

Escape from prison (using some guns conveniently left for you).

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I meant serious ideas.

Registered
    Jul 2004
    rescue another squad that have been trapped ,search and eradicate missions ,multi mission maps,ie ends at some place next map starts from end place of last mission
    also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

Quote Originally Posted by reemulmyu View Post
    rescue another squad that have been trapped
    William! Liz!
    multi mission maps,ie ends at some place next map starts from end place of last mission
    Phalanx maps? Each ones start where the previous one finish.
    My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
    And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I meant serious ideas.
    Well... I know the objectives of my next map.

Quote Originally Posted by Salsa View Post
    Bring a "barrel of radiation" to the exit point for research purposes.
    Would I get a medal for that?

Seriously, tho, most objectives you can think of will be possible since the objectives can be triggered on/off with the normal inputs from buttons or dying monsters or area triggers or whatever. Pretty much the same as in the original Swarm.
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Registered
    Jan 2003
    See above. Just below too:

I meant serious ideas.

I meant serious ideas.
    • Recover data on a biochemical weapon that has instant and deadly effects on the Swarm creatures, whilst causing absolutely no damage to humans.
    • Recover samples of the biochemical, and recover data on delivery equipment, or planned methods of delivery.
    • Lure the Swarm into a designated area for a test of the new biochemical.
    • Followup: Test goes wrong. FLEE!
    Last edited by Exo-Warrior; 31st Dec 2006 at 01:13 PM.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    That follow up really needs a spoiler tag, so the viewer has nobody to blame but themselves.
    ..it's safer here.

Done.

Registered
    Jul 2004
    to nd this is not about swarm this is about infested just making sure there in there
    also known as mega ,On the internet, everyone can hear you scream - it's just that no-one cares.except moses{also been known to use rapidfire}was also here before fuzzy and moses

to nd this is not about swarm this is about infested just making sure there in there
    I believe ND is referring to the way the Phalanx Campaign works.

I've also noticed that, in the Ortega campaign, you tend to start off the next mission close to or in the same room as the last mission you completed.

Registered
    Sep 2004
    That's actually something I was considering doing... connecting all the Ortega maps together into one massive map...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Bunny View Post
    That's actually something I was considering doing... connecting all the Ortega maps together into one massive map...
    Scary thought.
    "Single handedly, you've ruined the fun many were having with the game. Good job Hitler."

Registered
    Jul 2004
    exo i know about the swarm stuff ,phalanx does'nt apply to infested , and to be frank rescuing a squad does not mean liz or williams,4 or 8 is a squad

Suggestions for AS:I

Unless you have already thought about it, consider making mission objectives show up on the scanner, as long as it is reasonable. A small red dot for things like consoles, reactor valves, bomb targets and so on should help newcomers and allow for less intuitive mission layout. Also, projecting the scanner on top of a transparent floormap when moving through kown area might be a nice touch as well.

Hmm, what if a techie had to have visited that area beforehand to make the floorplan show up? I don't like the GTA style 'red-dot-on-radar' idea though :/.

Thought about it because we are currently implementing this little feature for detecting landmines (and maybe some objectives, like the bugholes in TrenchWar) into EFR. As I said, it would only make sense with 'static' targets, like locating a console or reactor on an already known floorplan. See, if IAF command is capable of providing pictures of your objectives, why not a dot on a map as well? A way of not making it too easy could be creating the scanner signal only after a marine had a direct line of sight at least once, to simulate identification of the target and communicating it's location to the rest of the team.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    No longer at sea and very far away from water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donator View Post
    Thought about it because we are currently implementing this little feature for detecting landmines (and maybe some objectives, like the bugholes in TrenchWar) into EFR. As I said, it would only make sense with 'static' targets, like locating a console or reactor on an already known floorplan. See, if IAF command is capable of providing pictures of your objectives, why not a dot on a map as well? A way of not making it too easy could be creating the scanner signal only after a marine had a direct line of sight at least once, to simulate identification of the target and communicating it's location to the rest of the team.
    Makes some sense, considering there are similar (though not instantaneous and prvasive) systems already in existance.
    “That’s not what justice is,” the colonel jeered, and began pounding the table again with his big fat hand. “That’s what Karl Marx is. I’ll let you know what justice is. Justice is a knee in the gut from the floor.

Thread Information