Thread: Crashes while starting Beggarspoint

Crashes while starting Beggarspoint

I was plaing an 8 players CC at UIE, we reached Beggars Point, here is what happened:

+ I select my marine, press ready, map starts, I get a glimpse of the map, -> bang, crash.
    + I start ASW again, load the map, just to see them start the DM and restart map. -> Instead of seeing the roster, it crashes.

Repeat procedure till somebody takes my spot

Here is the error from the logfile:
    EDIT:
    Actually I could also post it here. *smacks self*
    ScriptLog: $$ Felix: no
    ScriptLog: $$ [SE]DelX:
    ScriptLog: $$ Nurbs: as long as it runs maya and photoshop...
    Warning: AoTelicPlayer AO-EFR5-BeggarsPoint.AoTelicPlayer (Function AoPrototype.AoPlayer.PlayerToCursorRotation:006B) Accessed None 'Console'
    Warning: AoTelicPlayer AO-EFR5-BeggarsPoint.AoTelicPlayer (Function AoPrototype.AoPlayer.SwitchPrimary:0103) Accessed None 'Weapon'
    Critical: Assertion failed: Ptr [File:../../Core/Inc/FMallocAnsi.h] [Line: 32]
    Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
    Exit: Executing USDLClient::ShutdownAfterError
    Log: CTRL-C has been pressed.

Log: appRequestExit(0)
    Log:
    Developer Backtrace:
    Log: [ 1] ./ut2004-bin [0x873df19]
    Log: [ 2] ./ut2004-bin [0x873e21e]
    Log: [ 3] [0xffffe420]
    Log: [ 4] /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 [0xb7fbc199]
    Log: [ 5] ./openal.so(Posix_LockMutex+0x20) [0x44452fc8]
    Log: Unreal Call Stack: UALAudioSubsystem::Shutdown <- UALAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError <- UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError <- FMallocAnsi::Malloc <- FOpenGLTexture::Cache <- FOpenGLRenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FOpenGLRenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FOpenGLRenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FOpenGLRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- FCanvasUtil::Flush <- UCanvas:rawTile <- UCanvas::execDrawTile <- UObject::execClassContext <- UObject:rocessEvent <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:raw <- USDLViewport::Repaint <- USDLClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop
    Exit: Exiting.
    Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 0 MByte 0 KByte 0 Bytes from HD took 0.000000 seconds (0.000000 reading, 0.000000 seeking).
    Log: FileManager: 0.000000 seconds spent with misc. duties
    Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
    Uninitialized: Log file closed, Mon Mar 26 23:11:13 2007

Other maybe unrelated info:
    During that campaign I crashed twice randomly on mapchange. No logs collected.

I hope somebody can shed a little light on that issue, I know I got some accessed none issues, but have no idea what that actually means.

Still playing ASw, even if I do lots other things I enjoy a good game every now and then, and I doubt I'd uninstall it anywhere near future even tho it takes lots of space. ^^

Registered
    Jun 2004
    The crash is related to the sound library OpenAl. It seems you are using the one provided with the game - I've heard in the past that it can be flaky. Perhaps you should try using the system one if you have one, or installing a recent version.

You can try if this helps first by renaming the ut2004 copy of the openal library and copying or creating a symlink with the same name to the system/newly installed one. If the crashes stop, overwrite it permanently. If you search for ut2004/openal you should find some more info.
    --

I've been playing a bit of Swarm yesterday and had the same problem. Using one of my systems libopenal resulted in the same problem (crash). Then I used a newer one. Result was no sound at all in swarm, but no crashes. Same with no openal at all.
    I'll have a look at different libs, will tell you more later.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DelXander View Post
    I was plaing an 8 players CC at UIE, we reached Beggars Point, here is what happened:

+ I select my marine, press ready, map starts, I get a glimpse of the map, -> bang, crash.
    + I start ASW again, load the map, just to see them start the DM and restart map. -> Instead of seeing the roster, it crashes.

Repeat procedure till somebody takes my spot
    Oh, and I was wondering why you left without a word

Ye, was not on purpose, I never leave without a word. Only if I just lost my hands or connection.

I heard thanos has a solution to the problem, but I couldn't find one.

If the sound works, it WILL crash, and without openal-libs it obviously doesn't crash, but having no sound is no fun. I try to compensate with music, but it ain't the same without the screams and the bug-squishing sounds !

n33d h41p plx plx !!

Thread Information