Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: kegs mutators

Quote Originally Posted by keg View Post
    no, i just removed the red cursor from the map (thinks he can do it anyway - like i said i need to test it, should work, i wrote the code in the exam wont be home for awhile yet so carnt play with it)

if it does work it means the cursor wont show red when its aimed at the map, so guards carnt find it in the chests im just hoping its possible to remove it, its somthing i havent checked b4, if its coded to show red then i carnt do it, if its just a setting in default propites it should work

Umm when its in certain chests you can see the actual map sticking out... red circle or not. How about you just make it super easy and make a mutator to shrink the map object drawscale.
    (I've not noticed the red circle as a guard anymore, I might be behind on the haxxing. So you may need to shrink the collision or whatever controls the distance before you see the red circle too)
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Quote Originally Posted by -KewlAzMe- View Post
    Umm when its in certain chests you can see the actual map sticking out... red circle or not. How about you just make it super easy and make a mutator to shrink the map object drawscale.
    (I've not noticed the red circle as a guard anymore, I might be behind on the haxxing. So you may need to shrink the collision or whatever controls the distance before you see the red circle too)
    They will just lean over so they see the actual map ^^

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FatRatHead View Post
    But still, thieves could frob it from outside the chest and when it gets stacked its impossible to find it.
    would you like me to make a mutator for gerome then so the env turns the circle red? as it doesnt atm and no one complains.. plus.. stacking?? where?? orj?

Umm when its in certain chests you can see the actual map sticking out... red circle or not.
    are you sure bout that? i was fairly sure that they where moved so they didnt do that in the current standard version which everyone plays on. i just checked it and couldnt find one that sticks out.. i know in the older version they did, but tbh its not somthing i ever check so wouldnt know

Quote Originally Posted by Kammie
    (I've not noticed the red circle as a guard anymore, I might be behind on the haxxing. So you may need to shrink the collision or whatever controls the distance before you see the red circle too) How about you just make it super easy and make a mutator to shrink the map object drawscale.
    doing that was my original idea.. but if you alter the collision then the thief has to be closer to the object to frob it.. i was trying to avoid effecting the game play, frobbing the map would be the same as frobbing normal loot.. i can alter the draw scale and collision but it will make it harder to frob.. having it just not turn red means guards carnt find it.. if you rather have the reduced scale i can do that instead tho.. place your vote and i will make it on the result of that
    [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
    Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
    AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
    Videos - YouTube

As I said, they will simply lean in to see it.

And making it smaller will make it impossible to from through the chest. It needs some sort of protection to peeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Keg
    are you sure bout that? i was fairly sure that they where moved so they didnt do that in the current standard version which everyone plays on. i just checked it and couldnt find one that sticks out.. i know in the older version they did, but tbh its not somthing i ever check so wouldnt know
    Yes on that version I frobbed the map through all of the chests...
    It is good, it fixes some issues, but I think the west and east dockhouses still are zoned improperly.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I think the end problem is fixed not by adding a mutator, but by putting the object inside of thchest, so no one can see it. I haven't tested any randomness in thchest though, so I am not sure it will work easily.

Of course, the thief won't have to bother with frobbing a second/third time to get the scroll.
    Kiech

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FatRatHead
    As I said, they will simply lean in to see it.

And making it smaller will make it impossible to from through the chest. It needs some sort of protection to peeking.
    you cannot see the map by leaning now tho.. you can see the red.. if i remove that the thief would have to sit there for ages frobing constantly to get it.. yes its still possible.. but not that likely, it stops peeking.. which is the main problem..

Yes on that version I frobbed the map through all of the chests...
    I didnt mean can you frob it though the chest, kam said "Umm when its in certain chests you can see the actual map sticking out..." so i thought he meant the map sticks out, i know its possible to frob the map though each chest, if you see red as a guard you can frob the map. my way stops peaking, not frobing, how often does a thief frob the map though the chest anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Kiech Bepho View Post
    I think the end problem is fixed not by adding a mutator, but by putting the object inside of thchest, so no one can see it. I haven't tested any randomness in thchest though, so I am not sure it will work easily.

Of course, the thief won't have to bother with frobbing a second/third time to get the scroll.
    you refering to the chests that when you pick you get the contense instantly? yes that would solve it, but thats a new updated map, noone will download the latest updated version of skelston.. never mind another one.. mutator means it fixes it without everyone having to download it.. as tut is filled with lazy buggers
    Videos - YouTube

No keg, there are two ways to find out. One is leaning to see the red crosshair, the other one is leaning to see the actual map. Leaning from above, using lean forward. Bear that in mind.

umm.. isn't that what I said? Hence the reason i suggested the mutator shrinks the map .. so it doesn't pop out.

@Keg: I thought they fixed ALL chest haxxing with the new chests but after a few people whined about guards looking... i took some extra close looks on my own and the map can be see in the middle house and the iron house sticking out the back.

Shrink it to about 70-80% normal size so that it cant be frobbed thru nor seen sticking out and done!
    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Registered
    Aug 2005
    umm.. isn't that what I said? Hence the reason i suggested the mutator shrinks the map .. so it doesn't pop out.

@Keg: I thought they fixed ALL chest haxxing with the new chests but after a few people whined about guards looking... i took some extra close looks on my own and the map can be see in the middle house and the iron house sticking out the back.

Shrink it to about 70-80% normal size so that it cant be frobbed thru nor seen sticking out and done!
    lolz, read the thread properly kam the map can be frobbed from all the chests, leaning into the chest you curser turns red on each chest, which is why i suggested removing the curser change, but fat seems to think they you can lean into the lid and see into the chest, somthing i knew you could do with the old chests but thought it had been sorted with the standard ones in 1.6, so changing the size makes no difference as thieves can lean into the door mover and go though it to see whats in the chest
    Videos - YouTube

Bingo!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Some evidence:

I don't even look for the red crosshair...

And making the map smaller won't rly help imho, because the smaller objects can be seen as well, in some cases. It may make it harder and longer for guards to see it, but eventually they will.

proof:

The chests would really have to be footlocker style ...
    Play Amnesia, get insomnia.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    yeah i know, i tested it yesterday till i worked it out. theres no way for me to solve that, not without redoing the map...
    Videos - YouTube

Yep. Though this could be solved by banning anybody who tries it, but then again you would be playing alone keg.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    i have no problem with that
    Videos - YouTube

Registered
    Jan 2003
    You could try to be tricky and hax it so the map doesn't replicate to the guard team, so it won't even show up on their screen.

Of course, this causes issues if the map moves, because they still won't be able to see it
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

That wouldn't be a that bad issue, since the map is droppable anywhere anyway.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    That wouldn't be a that bad issue, since the map is droppable anywhere anyway.
    well i could alter that to anoy a few more people if u want
    Videos - YouTube

Don't think that would add to the map.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    some people are never happy
    Videos - YouTube

Registered
    Aug 2005
    update! ThNoBlockers will be updated soon! found a way to make it so arrows pass though! so now you can go to places you couldnt and still get shot there ^^ be warned, you can find yourself been trapped more as well also some decoration uses blockers as collision, so you might run though things you couldnt b4 ^^
    Videos - YouTube

Registered
    Jan 2003
    No blockers huh? So I can finally get on top of the Grange poolhouse?

I don't think we will see it on a server anytime soon though....
    Kiech

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiech Bepho View Post
    No blockers huh? So I can finally get on top of the Grange poolhouse?

I don't think we will see it on a server anytime soon though....
    yes you can the anoying blockers on the DE long roofs are gone as well theres loads of places you can get to you couldnt before, some mappers tho (ie mord) used brushes to replace block all actors so places on there maps (nostaliga walls and exit buildings, korman walls) that you could get to before (in 1.4) you can still can no longer get to.

as for it been on a server, proberbly not, none of mine are designed to be used now, their just there incase someone wants one if you want one in use ask brody, he may consider testing it to see how it goes, but like i said, alot of decoration used blockers as there collision so you will be running though things you couldnt before

edit - ThNoBlockers link updated and old version removed
    Last edited by Keggie; 18th May 2007 at 05:44 AM.
    Videos - YouTube

Registered
    Aug 2005
    made to more mutators, havent uploaded them yet, not sure if i will upload the first as it makes aqua to unbalanced.

ThWatcherSound

contains 2 mutators, 1 reduces the radius and volume of watchers, so the anoying aqua one now cannot be heard the other side of the map flaw with this is in aqua it will be a balance issue, as guards can hear much better, i only made it cus it was driving me crazy! 2nd mutator makes watchers silent

ThWomenAi

still need bit more work on this one, turns all ai in map to female ai models, flaws are mace/sword attacks donot work, so i had to make them all archers, another flaw is when humans spawn into ai they keep the male knight mesh but swap for the female txture.. so need to make a second part that alters this.
    Videos - YouTube

this is the outcome of antistack

Registered
    Aug 2005
    they can do that without antistack, but to be honest if they want to waste whistlers like that then fair enough, atleast that way people get to get slightly closer to the book before their firespammed to death, and at that point they sacrefice all 3 whistlers as well.
    Videos - YouTube

Similarly, one can say ordinary stacking is fair too. If they want to waste their precious time stacking instead of guarding... you get me.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    on the server its used on, stacking is against the rules, AntiStack Mut enforces most things to be like this, if people didnt abuse the server rules so much then there would be no need for the server admin to enforce it with that mut. all that screen shot shows is a couple of guards who should be warned for stacking as its against server rules on that server.
    Videos - YouTube

I've warned people, I've kicked people, I've encouraged them to report other players. Know what they replied? Who're they gonna play with? The community is thin already, they'd rather play a crack DM ueber spam asylum only game with 99v99 than proper normal matches.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Just been a nosy bugger looking though some code, found a bit to give AI funny names, I Made it a mutator see attachment ^^ gona see if i can enlarge it to make a bigger selection, but just a fun file
    Last edited by Keggie; 22nd Aug 2010 at 11:05 AM.
    Videos - YouTube

Registered
    Aug 2005
    made another mut, it replaces the normal Thief Bow with the light bow from TM, so thieves can run with bow out at full speed, planning on making a few alternate arrows that can be used with it, so you gain the full speed, but lose the abilty to do as much damage.
    Videos - YouTube

Thread Information