View Poll Results: How much will you pay for Nightblade?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing at all, I refuse!

13 28.89%
  • I would have to wait for a while, and see if others like BCG's work first.

8 17.78%
  • Yes, if its in the range of $5-$15 without CD, $15 to $25 with.

13 28.89%
  • I would pay more or even pay now to reseve my copy!

11 24.44%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Nightblade costs money...

Registered
    Nov 2003
    id pay without a doubt. i dont care about the money, just hope nb will be good and that we'll dont have to wait another 1-2 years i were gonna say release it ASAP but TUT is active for the moment so it can wait abit afterall imo not that i think it will be released soon.. cause no matter what ppl say, tut will "die" when nb is released, thats facts.

Banned
    Registered
    Jul 2007
    i have another pol suggestion: i would not even start to ask about payment for a mod!

Registered
    Nov 2003
    well thats you! suit yourself, your loss, etc.

id be happy to support blackcatgames and pay for nb if i have to.
    Last edited by LoUie; 19th Nov 2007 at 04:08 PM.

amen louie
    SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Now that I work, I would probably pay for it. 5-20 would be a fair price. I payed for Red Orchestra: Ostfront, and didn't get any story, but the multiplayer made up for that, and if NB offers good enough multiplayer, then I would buy it...over steam...amazon...prehaps even in store, whatever.
    Your order has been dispatched!

Banned
    Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LoUie View Post
    well thats you! suit yourself, your loss, etc.

id be happy to support blackcatgames and pay for nb if i have to.
    Yeah?. Then why u dont pay for maps then? Like how much u would pay for Thievery mappack 6.0? I guess 1$ for each map should be enought. I still by meaning - Fanmade should not be payed - its FREE!! So get it!

Orgy:
    At least at first, NB will be a free mod - we'll see from the response how to proceed then. Making any game (mod or commercial) demands a lot of time and effort, especially when you're aiming to be of high quality.
    col2004:
    Paying for modifications for most games, no matter how much of a Total conversion it is with new content, is illegal and breaks the TOS and license agreement that you agree to regarding modifications upon installing. Voluntary Donations to keep forums and such running are acceptable, but not a flat out compulsory charge.
    So, any questions left?

Registered
    Sep 2004
    Yes: how is it that Tactical Ops is being sold for money? Or Garry's Mod? That second one even has Mod in the title. Gasp.

^^
    I think theres a big difference between paying for a map and paying for a mod.

I mean, Unreal Tournament 2003 and Unreal Tournament 2004, same engine right? Whats the difference? More maps and some extra code for vehicles/weapons. Sounds like a large mod for Unreal Tournament 2003.
    How is that difference different (haha, difference different) from a mod? Nightblade will add more players (game characters), weapons, items (loot? chairs? et cetera), and who knows maybe they have a secret up their sleeves.

They way I see it is when Nightblade is released I'll probably think of it as another game that uses the Unreal Engine 3 like a bunch of other games. Thats what I thought Thievery was when it was first out.
    SSSSSPPPPPAAAAAMMMMM 44444 EEEEEVVVVVEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

Banned
    Registered
    Jul 2007
    if u ALL want so to pay for it, let blackcats members start a donationg thing, like many other mod sites do, so u can donate em like 16756723423 dollars if u want, but i still by my meaning - mods should be free. Even when they do change gameplay, make it better etc.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Donation is against the EULA too, as far as I know.

Really, the opening question "Would you pay for nightblade" should be taken like the question "If you could have a wings, would you?". It's merely asking whether people would, assuming that the legal factors were out of the picture.

The answer seem to be:
    * Yes, for the right price.
    * No, mods aren't full games.
    * No, I'm not that interested.

For the middle one, I'ld say it is a matter of semantics. Most expansion packs are similar to mods, and can even offer LESS - just a collection of new maps and maybe a new unit or two. At the end of the day people are spending their time making mods, and assuming the result is decent enough I don't think it should be invalidated simply because it is labelled a mod rather than a user-made expansion.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Your comments are very general Uruk, and you're just left-winging the ethics of modding.

People who make mods, whether they're improving gameplay, changing it completely or making it worse, should be able to choose whether they can sell it or not (provided its legal 'course). It's their choice as they have spent the time making the mod, and they can distribute it as they see fit.

If the said mod has a base-community and the development of that mod decide, release 6.0 will be sold in a retail box-set, you can then choose to pay for it or not.

You keep saying mods should be free, but you are not backing your statements up with any kind of views other than 'it shud be fwee!' /cry

Explain your reasons a bit and you might get a better response from the other guys here.
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Banned
    Registered
    Jul 2007
    i dunno why u allways the 1 who dont get from comments i write. I dont want say allthe time about my bad english, still i wrote all i could, cant write everything like t-h-i-s to make u undestand it.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    I'm asking you a question Uruk... to explain why you think all mods should be free?

You've obviously not read/understood my post, as I explain that I think your comments are very general and not based on anything other than your own opinion.
    -YT

Banned
    Registered
    Jul 2007
    oh? And may i not say my opinions? What should it based on then? Now im a lil bit confused.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Awwww. Of course you can state your opinion, but to state it again and again, without anything to back it up, such as a political view, an ethical view or some other point of view than simply your own, then your opinion loses its worth and the people here will not take you seriously.

Other than that, just make the statement; "I think mods should be free" and that's that, like in your first post. But from then, you seem to argue with others here when they say they'd be willing to pay for it. Why? That happens to be their opinion and you happen to be stifling it. My only question to you was... Why, in your opinion should every fan made mod be free?

Personally, if the price was right, I'd happily pay money for NB, provided the content was good.
    -YT

Banned
    Registered
    Jul 2007
    why? cuz i dont want to pay for fan-made hobby mod. And its unnofficial, illegal, so why should i pay for illegal things?

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Because if a publisher approaches the development team for a mod, offering them pay packets and jobs and the development team decide its a good reward for all the hard work they've done on the mod, and they get to see their mod up on all the shelves of the shops, then good for them.

However, this is not good for us (the players), as we'd end up either, not playing the mod any more, or paying for it. We might say that the development team 'sold out' on us, in a way as we supported them in terms of interest and advertising for the mod online.

Just, think outside your pocket, Uruk.
    -YT

Registered
    Jan 2003
    If anyone else has anything new and interesting to add to the discussion, please go ahead. Otherwise, enough of the constant back-and-forth stating the same things over and over.
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by )!(Uruk-Hai)!( View Post
    Yeah?. Then why u dont pay for maps then? Like how much u would pay for Thievery mappack 6.0? I guess 1$ for each map should be enought.
    T_T iq dude, iq plx.

how the hell did you refer to that, how is it even relevant? i dont know what to say end of discussion.

If it's as fun as Thievery, but with more polish: 20$
    I gladly bought Ship and Red Orchestra and felt I got my money's worth.

I'm very pro-indie As long as game is fun I will gladly pay and I wouldn't really be sad if nightblade would go commercial. I was happy AlienSwarm did that. If Blackcats can earn money for their hard work and most of all if sales can ensure more future content from them than I would gladly support them with my money.

I would pay 50$ easily though if it had nice 5-6 hours SP campaign with editor included.

Thread Information