Thread: Mouse Won't Move

Mouse Won't Move

Once I launch into the Single Player Mission mode my mouse stops moving. I've read other posts about replacing an AlienSwarm.ini file in the System folder but I can't find this file >_<. Please help!

Registered
    Oct 2005
    the AlienSwarm.ini is in the AlienSwarm/System/ folder.

What do you mean, you cant find it? As you know the file's name, you can make your OS look for it...

If you installed correctly, that is.

There would also be .log files, which could be a help in spotting what is the problem.

Maybe I installed incorrectly, I don't know. I've never installed a mod for UT2k4...

But everything works fine. Except the mouse, in game only. Once I hit single player and it loads to the objective screen the mouse freezes. I have no idea what to do, and as to the .log files, not seeing those either. When I ran a search for the .ini file i got a txt file and checked for the MouseX and MouseY assignments and found nothing. Help please
    Last edited by EvlLeperchaun; 18th May 2007 at 12:49 PM.

Ok. I fixed the mouse moving problem by putting this into the AlienSwarmUser.ini file, but apparently there are more problems. I have no keyboard input, except Space for jump, O for the objectives and E for use. Everything else is dead. Also, my right click function is the only one that works for the mouse.
    W
    T
    F

Help
    MouseY=Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0
    MouseX=Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0

Registered
    Aug 2006
    It could possibly be something to do with you mouse settings if you have one of those fancy Logitech mice that use SetPoint.

One of my mice had a "disable accelertion in games" settings, might be worth a poke about to see if you have a dodgy setting.

EDIT: I post too slow,

Are those the only keys that you can bind things to or the only ones that still work in-game? Try to rebinding your control in settings.
    Kept an xmas avatar for 3 year(s).

Registered
    Jan 2003
    If you delete (or move) alienswarmuser.ini, it should recreate a new one with default controls next time you start the game.
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Hello EvlLeperchaun,

Can you move your mouse cursor in Unreal Tournament 2004?
    Did you install the latest patch?

Yea, the patches are installed for UT and Alien Swarm, the keys and stuff work in UT2004 last i checked (I'll check again for good measure) and those are the only keys that work. I didnt try rebinding the keys in the menu. I'll give that a shot too.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Well, rebinding shouldn't really be needed. Hitting the "defaults" button (which I think is present?) should do the trick. If not, try BiG_D's suggestion.

Logitech do some incredible mouse, but the Setpoint appz is just ugly/buggy. The game tab is particulay bugged, including the mouse acceleration. For my part, i use 3-4 diffenrent .xml to force the default mouse key. So when im on my desktop, i use one preset i did, and i have one for each game. You can find those setting files in
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Application Data\Logitech\SetPoint
    "user.xml" is the default one,
    "Last_user.xml" is a backup of your last setup and
    "gamelist.xml" should be the one you use ingame.

Personnaly, i just shut down Setpoint and overwrite "user.xml" with the one associated with an X game. Not really usefull, but at least the mouse work properly and the software dont disapear suddently like when i use the game tab!
    My AS2K4 map: Sulfure-SE
    And a fixed one: BehemothTournament-TE2

Registered
    Jan 2003
    And where does it say that he has setpoint? He hasn't said so yet.

I have a logitech mouse but I'm not using setpoint...I dont believe. It's not under processes or anything. I reset the defaults by deleting AlienSwarmUser.ini and it made it worse. The mouse stopped moving completely again. So...yea.

EDIT: I just tried UT2k4 and I'm having the same issues. So I've got a new problem entirely! Yay! This should clarify some things I'm hoping.

Registered
    Jan 2003
    Which logitech mouse exactly?

Is this a clean install of UT2004? Or have any other mods been installed previously?

Have you tried re-installing?

First install UT2004, then install the latest patch, then install Alien Swarm 1.32.

Registered
    Sep 2004
    central Poland, Łódź, second floor, my room
    i have same problem as the guy i did the instalation correct, i cant find the thread that tells how to fix that mouse in all the trash that stacked in this forum archives over these years.

*edit*

ive put the
    MouseY=Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0
    MouseX=Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0
    lines in correct place now the mouse mooves but still no keyboard present and nothing happens if i click the buttons with the mouse.

Registered
    Sep 2004
    Check and make sure that your other controls are configured properly.

Try renaming/removing AlienSwarm.ini or AlienSwarmUser.ini and see if that fixes the problem, too.

Registered
    Sep 2004
    keys seem bound i did rem the inis and it only froze the mouse again :/

Registered
    Sep 2004
    Has ANNYONE got vista and ut2004/alienswarm working? if yes please say so. maybe if u mail me your ini files the game will come to life.

Registered
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EvlLeperchaun View Post
    Once I launch into the Single Player Mission mode my mouse stops moving. I've read other posts about replacing an AlienSwarm.ini file in the System folder but I can't find this file >_<. Please help!
    Have you tried feeding it some cheese?

Registered
    Apr 2005
    @Corvus: AS works fine for me under Vista. The graphics are a little messed up on my laptop (I blame Nvidia for that), but it's perfect on my Desktop.

Laptop=Vista Home Premium 32bit
    Desktop=Vista Business 32bit

Registered
    Sep 2004
    can u send me the ini files? from the ut and the alienswarm ( i think theyre both messed up)

Guess thats to much to ask for.... -.-
    Last edited by =IRON=CORVUS; 20th Dec 2008 at 05:49 AM.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Try turning off antialiasing assuming you can do that in Cataclyst/nvidia pannel.. I had this problem with Windows Vista 64bit Premium and it got solved by turning antialiasing to "program default"
    Also, if you have that fancy "adaptive antialiasing", turn it off.
    Not sure if this solves your problem, i had trouble with the UT editor so..but it might

Thread Information