Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion > Thievery Guilds

Old 30th Sep 2003, 03:09 PM   #1
The Dragon

The TuF vs. m Turf Wars match has been set for this Friday, October 3rd, at 8:30 pm GMT. Right Shug? It will be a 3v3.
Old 30th Sep 2003, 04:29 PM   #2
CrouchingDork

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 30th Sep 2003, 04:40 PM   #3
FixXxeR

Thats right.

I will be participating in the match... I hope everyone will wish both clans the best of luck, and thank us for moving on TurfWars a little bit. I myself, am really looking forward to this.
- #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
FixXxeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2003, 06:26 PM   #4
Cliff

So am I great to hear the news. Now after this we will commence the match of the century our match with TUF for Archery!!! I will both guilds luck this weekend and turf wars lives on!! :cheers:

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!
Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2003, 08:20 PM   #5
TafferBoy

Originally Posted by The Dragon:
The TuF vs. m Turf Wars match has been set for this Friday, October 3rd, at 8:30 pm GMT. Right Shug? It will be a 3v3.
Does this mean 8:30 Saturday morning for us then? or 6:30 maybe? either is fine with me as long as I have a big cup of coffee before the match
TafferBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2003, 08:49 PM   #6
Shug

We'll be there, Dragon. Early morning won't keep us away.

Post us up a 4-man "squad", if you will, and we might just return the favour. That, or declare what map you wish to challenge.
Shug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2003, 09:23 AM   #7
Sandman

Originally Posted by TafferBoy:
Does this mean 8:30 Saturday morning for us then? or 6:30 maybe? either is fine with me as long as I have a big cup of coffee before the match
Old 1st Oct 2003, 11:48 AM   #8
BrokenArts
Administrator

Good luck guys.
BrokenArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2003, 01:40 PM   #9
The Dragon

Our teams will be:

Thieving: TheMachine, Dragon, Gabriel Sub: FixXxer
Guarding: TheMachine, Dragon, FixXxer Sub: Gabriel

I kind of get the feeling you already may have an idea of what map we'll be challenging you on, but just in case you don't, we'll announce it Friday. :wink:

And TafferBoy, yes, I think you guys are GMT + 10, so that would be 6:30. Coffee it up!
Old 1st Oct 2003, 07:01 PM   #10
Shug

We have the one team thieving and guarding.

Mockers: Rodent, Gladius, Shug
Sub: Yenzarill

We'll be seeing you on nos... er... on the battlefield, then.
Old 2nd Oct 2003, 02:15 AM   #11
FixXxeR

Originally Posted by Shug:
We have the one team thieving and guarding.

Mockers: Rodent, Gladius, Shug
Sub: Yenzarill

We'll be seeing you on nos... er... on the battlefield, then.
Battlefield.... this match is gonna be a 'blast'
Old 2nd Oct 2003, 06:40 AM   #12
Lurox

Finally, a TW match.
Old 2nd Oct 2003, 07:53 PM   #13
TafferBoy

Originally Posted by The Dragon:
And TafferBoy, yes, I think you guys are GMT + 10, so that would be 6:30. Coffee it up!
Thanks Dragon and I will
Old 2nd Oct 2003, 07:55 PM   #14
The Dragon

w00t!

(Crap, I don't think I've ever played against Gladius!) *Gets nervous*
Old 2nd Oct 2003, 10:11 PM   #15
Rodent

Location: Fighting to survive in a war with the darkest power...
It's getting closer.... If you want to spectate this clash of the titans, send your credit card details to my email 8)
Rodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 01:28 AM   #16
FixXxeR

Best of Luck .:M

-FixxxeR
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 07:07 AM   #17
TafferBoy

Quote:
(Crap, I don't think I've ever played against Gladius!) *Gets nervous*
Guess I'm the unknown factor :lol:

thank you timezones
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 07:50 AM   #18
Thebos

Best games to you all.

Looking forward to a full report!
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 10:27 AM   #19
okih-imus

wish some1 would demo the game for once
okih-imus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 10:30 AM   #20
Salvage

It's hard to find someone who doesn't crash when they try to use demorec online.
Salvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 01:44 PM   #21
The Dragon

Match will be played on Spider in 30 minutes.
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 01:53 PM   #22
FixXxeR

Great stuff. This will be a match to remember everyone, best of luck to the participating .:M members and even better luck to my buddies in The Unforgiven.

TurfWars Continues Tonight!
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 03:36 PM   #23
CrouchingDork

Originally Posted by Salvage:
It's hard to find someone who doesn't crash when they try to use demorec online.
What time is it EST? My computer could probably handle it, but I think I'm going to see a movie tonight. If not I might try recording it.
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 03:59 PM   #24
FixXxeR

GREAT MATCH .:M

That was immense, truley immense! .:M you played brilliantly and TuF, well..... *cries with glee*

Well done to everyone who participated, Jesus I need to lie down.

TUF now have ownage over SPIDER in the TURFWARS
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 04:32 PM   #25
The Dragon

Okay! I'm sure you are all anxious to hear the own and dirty details of the match, so here they are. :wink:

Map: Spider

First Round: ~TuF~ thieves against .:M.

Machine, Dragon, and Gabriel of TuF thief.
Shug, Rodent, and Gladius of .:m guard.

There really isn’t much that I can say about this match that won’t give away our strategy, so I won’t go into much detail. Within two minutes, Machine was in the apartments. M did a remarkably good job setting up, I believe they had a whistler at every apartment door within about a minute. But we were ready for heavy door campage, and so we were creative.

I vined up to the upper area of the map, and as I climbed, I believe Shug hit me once with a standard bolt. I flipped the upper switch JUST as Gabriel flipped the dock switch. Machine then achieved the “800 Loot” and “Grail” objectives within seconds of eachother. About two minutes later, I flicked the last switch and Gabriel released the spiders, and two decoys appeared in the courtyard. Machine breezed through seconds later.

Second Round: ~TuF~ guards against .:M on Spider.

Dragon, Machine, and FixXxer of TuF guard.
Rodent, Gladius, and Shug of .:m thief.

Within about a minute, I was in the inner courtyard with a handful of AI. I placed them by each door, blocking the thieves from entering the apartments. After that, there’s not much to tell. I got distracted and was Koed a few times, but the AI was plentiful. A few thieves got away from me in the beginning, but I started to smartened up and took a breath, and put on my anti-dm helmet and ultimate chaser suit.. The carnage that ensued was unspeakable. I killed a few thieves one on one, and a bit later in the match I danced with two thieves in the courtyard, at least one of them being invisible. I killed the first all while doing an elaborate waltz with the Mockers, and then me and Shug killed eachother at the same time (I had one blood and he hit me with the blackjack right as I killed him…so I was knocked out).

We had another dance later on in the inner courtyard, and there were more that I don’t remember. Towards the end, Rodent shot an AI that had only 2 blood, and they both died because of the no kill objective. I then killed the two thieves who had been nearby, and there were suddenly no lives left for Mockers. It was up to Rodent and Gladius.

Rodent managed to get into the apartments while I was looking away, and grabbed all the loot. When he entered the grail room, however, he was surprised to find it heavily camped by Machine and FixXxer! Rodent managed to snag the grail, but Machine killed him just as he opened the apartment door.

Gladius toyed with me a while in the inner courtyard, but nothing really happened. No KOs, no kills. I brought some AI into the apartments, then patrolled around outside a bit and left the grail to Fix and Mach. Right as I was returning to the apartments I heard the sound of crack and FixXxer yelling “Assistance! Assistance!” I ran into the apartment and leaned into the vent, just in time to see a tagged Gladius coming straight for me (That must have sucked…your exit suddenly blocked by a huge Dragon). I shot a standard bolt, and the rest is history.

It was an awesome match, and a hell of a lot of fun. Thanks to M for being good players and good sports, and waking up at 6:30 am to play us. Thanks to CTG for hosting us. Thanks to everyone for a kickass game.

Oh…and Spiders is ours! w00t!
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 05:22 PM   #26
Shug

Good game TuF.

SPIDER
First round:
(Machine, Dragon, Gabriel thieve - Rodent, Gladius, Shug guard.)
M defense made it to the apartments to set up the defense quickly. Things were swiftly secured, and then a vine appeared in the corner of courtyard. A standard bolt was sent to investigate, but the thief got away with just a scratch.
After that, TuF materialized inside the still firmly locked doors and suddenly had the grail and the loot and were heading for the exits. Some well placed flash ensured they could make good their escape.

Second round:
(Rodent, Gladius, Shug thieve - Machine, Dragon, Fixxxer guard.)
A slightly shell-shocked M team pulled back together courtesy of a 3-line strategy conference during the autobalance countdown. Dragon's comment - "After that, there’s not much to tell" with regards to their apartment defense is a rather poor way to describe some of the most incredible efforts seen in the TurfWars competition so far. A clever staggered rush from Rodent put him past the AI defense on the apartments. In a sudden twist, he found himself face to face with two guards entering the apartments, despite the fact that his point of entry was once again locked. Quickly hiding from the guards, he unfortunately stood on a cleverly placed mine shortly after.
The sudden ability of guards to appear in the apartments turned the M tactics on their head, and the team quickly changed roles to have Rodent ghosting commando with Gladius and myself as roving KO'ers. By the end of match, Dragon had been dropped at least 6 times between us.
Unfortunately, Gladius and I got caught up in the fire and brimstone and the lives had already been run down. This left Rodent and Gladius with a seemingly impossible task ahead; snatching the grail with two guards already forted up in the apartments. As I mentioned to the spectators at the time, if I had to bet my life savings on two players winning it would be those two, and their efforts did not disappoint.
Rodent's task was to work his way from the furthest room on the right to the random grail spawn in the second room from the left. Not too hard a task until you consider the veritable stream of bolts coming from the two guards down the vents to discourage just such an action. Some quite nicely-timed movement later, and Rodent had copped only one bolt in his journey. Unfortunately the splash of blood was enough to alert the guards, and Mach followed him into the third room... to find nothing. He returned to his post in the second room, with Fixxxer in the first. Rodent then popped up inside the first room to flash Fixxxer who was throwing flares in all directions. A quick sprint through to Mach's grail room saw the guards go berserk in anticipation of the grail being snatched, but a well aimed firebolt didn't reveal a rodent anywhere. The place was an ant-hill with an unaccounted-for Rodent for about a minute before the grail was taken from above the supply chest. Unfortunately Rodent hit the set of trops arrayed in front of the door, and without any equip left, was cut down by the 2 humans and one AI. Gladius had a final shot at getting into the apartments, and cracked Fixxxer down the end before running into Dragon.
I think all three spectators there (namely Chains, Brody and Gabe) would agree with me that in particular, Rodent's efforts were particularly impressive. Certainly a very good and close match, considering the situation in the apartments would be considered essentially (if not very close to) uncounterable.

Thanks to TuF for the game, and to Rodent and Gladius for getting up at 5:30am to play the match.
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 05:26 PM   #27
TafferBoy

Yes it was a great match and the team from TuF played very well. Shug and Dragon have already posted the details.

Mockers Guarding: congrats The TuF team, they moved with amazing co-ordination and had 2 switches flicked at exactly the same time. Then they got 'past' :wink: our defences and snagged the grail and loot. Some clever co-ordination in front yard infront of gates and Mach ran free

Mockers Thieving: well it started good, and then went downhill, bj'ed Dragon a couple of times yays. And was eventually killed, we got switches no worries. Unfortunatly getting the grail and loot was not as easy- at end of the game it was up to me, and I cracked and ko'ed a TuF guard in the vents, but was firebolted moments later and then I recieved a standard bolt for my troubles (picked up guard body and then couldn't drop it, thus my poor getaway . It wouldn't have mattered anyway, time was all but spent.

Anyway thanks to Tuf for the match and best of luck for future challenges - remember the mockers are beaten but not out of the fight!

P.S In other news, all of TuF have now been issued Death-Marks
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 05:39 PM   #28
The Dragon

Yeah Shug, I in the second round, I could only describe what I saw. And that was me getting KOed about 3 times, and then us dancing. Again. And again.

Thanks for the details about Rodent in the apartments, I had no idea what was going on in there. I always have known that Rodent was good, though, and I am not surprised by his excellent attempt. Very, very close.
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 06:03 PM   #29
daniel

poo, wish i could have speced it
Old 3rd Oct 2003, 06:05 PM   #30
FixXxeR

I was extremley impressed with Rodents efforts and his movement when he was within the appartments. He remain undetected for sometime before I (almost) started to panic when the grail suddenly dissapeared. I knew he was around but WHERE!? :lol:

Overall, I'd say all you .:M guys are damn good eggs. Maybe we should friendly sometime. :grin: