Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion > Thievery Mapping

Old 13th May 2014, 04:54 AM   #121
Trapmaster

I actually do miss the times when we still modded for Thievery . A pity for all the stuff that has been created .
Old 13th May 2014, 08:24 PM   #122
Maxim Pishnyak

Originally Posted by Keggie: ( link to post ) 
That doesnt look like a development of thievery, looks more like a website to me.
During/before developing game you need to develop website for this game. Especially for such complex gameplay like Thievery has. Complex gameplay means complex website for this game. And you need to develop complicated knowledge-base ofc. It's not something that could be done with easiness.
Maxim Pishnyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2014, 06:02 AM   #123
Keggie

i know what it takes to make a game, you've just kinda missed the point of the posts.. this thread is for Antero and his map, you/anyone making a new mod doesnt help him in the slighest, trap was pointing out if thievery was still in development then more people would be interested in playing/testing it.
Videos - YouTube
Keggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2014, 05:41 PM   #124
Antero90

*sigh*
Old 14th May 2014, 06:20 PM   #125
Maxim Pishnyak

Sorry that I missed such obvious Trap's point, Keggie. You can't surprise me with this much. And I know what you know, Keggie. I know what it takes to make a website for such game like Thievery for example. Maybe you know this? Should I tell you that you missed point of my post, Keggie? Anyway I'm sorry for disturbing you, Keggie, and you, Antero. Peace.
Maxim Pishnyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2014, 06:32 PM   #126
Keggie

Originally Posted by Maxim Pishnyak: ( link to post ) 
Should I tell you that you missed point of my post, Keggie? Anyway I'm sorry for disturbing you, Keggie, and you, Antero. Peace.
I miss the point in all of your post's wtafa..

Sorry Ant for hijack /out
Videos - YouTube
Keggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2015, 06:04 PM   #127
Antero90

16-07-2015

Map development has resumed a few days ago but I returned to the drawing board for considerations, partially because I needed to go back into the map vibe, partially because one last section is still in a rough state, and partially because I needed to check the progress level with some of the external partners and beg for a little tool that I lost in this whole migration. It's hard to keep tabs when I have literally dozens of dozens of files, I think I created a new save each time I carved something or added significant stuff, it's actually a great way to quickly backtrack on progress without loosing a week's work.

I may have found a solution for the elevator that should be both pratical and elegant, I just need to put it to use in the unreal world and see if ingenuity can overcome this. The final section brainstorming is still ongoing as I decided that it must fit the area I had already assigned to it.

I took a few tours around the place and thankfully there wasnt one section I felt was odd, the map looks fine by UT99 standarts and I found myself thinking many times how on earth I had come up with it.

Ah yes, I managed to quit that sorry excuse of a job on my own terms, Antero is now happily tending cow, sheep, chicken, duck and the ocasional dog and cat that roams the kitchen door. I spent the second half of 2014 tending paper work for my new job and the first half of 2015 literally fencing, got a new tractor in the process that helps a lot.

I am desperatly trying to complete Thiaf but every level seems like boring drag, can't get interested in the places to infiltrate and the plot is not even worth of fire fuel. The only reason why it stays on my HD is because I know that if I press uninstall it's unlikely I will put it back.
Old 18th Jul 2015, 01:32 PM   #128
Antero90

18-07-2015

Quick update
Plan A to fix the elevator failed, now resorting to Plan B.

If only there was a way to bypass keys on movers....
Old 21st Jul 2015, 01:06 PM   #129
Przemek557

What's the problem with elevator?
Old 25th Jul 2015, 11:37 AM   #130
Antero90

25-07-2015

I decided to go back to plan A and branch it to something like plan ABB. This time I was victorious.

It seems to be working now, needs a few tweaks, if all goes well, I can move on to other locations, area still needs some finishing as well.
Old 30th Aug 2015, 12:36 PM   #131
Antero90

30-08-2015

August has been dedicated mostly to upgrades, upgraded to Windows 10 after much messing around with a stupid boot sequence (so the upgrade forced me to fix that) I took the chance and also got a new GFX card, the thing is a freaking springboard!

Anyway, I did some minor work on the map, partly because i'm still brainstorming on how to get things on the right place, but as far as Windows 10 and TuT goes, all seems normal.