Black Cat Forums   Alien Swarm - Steampowered Forums
Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Thievery Forums > Thievery Discussion > Thievery Guilds

Old 1st Dec 2006, 03:04 PM   #31
~CaTBuRgLaR~

Lmao! You guys are all such dorks, but I love ya'll still anyway, seriously though we need to like set up a game, whether it be avp2 or something else, and kick serious noob butt!!
Old 2nd Dec 2006, 01:00 AM   #32
Spidey

We have to chomp on Marines and Predators together before we can be friends/SO GAY. But I'll put my hand out so we can at least call a truce.

Got my schedule for next week. I'll be around all day Wednesday and I'm off work at 4 pm this coming Saturday the 9th. I imagine you and Cat don't have days off during the week, though Cat did say her life was the internet, so I'm not really sure there.

Does anybody else here have Alien vs. Predator 2? Maybe we could get a TUT mob going on TuF TS and overrun a server with all aliens? They'd never know what hit them
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2006, 07:06 AM   #33
Machine

The TS server has a channel for it, I expect by early next week we'll more or less all have it, certainly we can have a Hamachi game between us, then certainly going online to school some randoms would be fun
Old 2nd Dec 2006, 09:58 PM   #34
Spidey

What's a Hamachi game?
Old 3rd Dec 2006, 01:34 AM   #35
TafferBoy

Mach's sig ftw

http://www.theunforgiven.org/Tutorials/Hamchi.php
TafferBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2006, 12:33 AM   #36
Spidey

I haven't been reading this post very well, have I?

I resisted Teamspeak when I first started playing Thievery, and still do. But as far as playing Neverwinter Nights with my pals, I am saddened when the TuF TS server is down. I don't like to play without it.

Ok..I downloaded it. If I'm never heard from again, it's because Hamachi is Japanese malware designed to pwn your computer.
Old 4th Dec 2006, 07:22 AM   #37
Machine

No no, Hamachi is a small little program that makes a VPN between the people using it, so you can play games over a LAN over the internet. Very useful!

TS should only be down on Friday Nights GMT, Chainsaws has a backup on theunforgivenreborn.homeip.net which should be able to continue in it's stead.
Old 4th Dec 2006, 10:24 AM   #38
Aggamemnon

When it's active.
Lately, I find playing as a bunch of lowly marines to be the most invigorating fun in AVP2.
Other than that I'm especially partial to ripping out spines as a Predator.
Alien is my last choice I'm afraid, but hell if everyone is gonna gang up for a laugh should be good.
You should also look at getting the Projam mod and check that out.

http://www.planetavp.com/projam/

Last edited by Aggamemnon; 4th Dec 2006 at 10:40 AM.
Aggamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2006, 03:07 PM   #39
Spidey

Ok..well I've got all of Wednesday free and I'm off work at 4 pm on Saturday (Pacific Standard Time). I've got Hamachi installed, I need a password, and we still haven't set a day yet to do this.

Agg, I'm just the opposite. I hate the Marines and their motion trackers. I'll waste 3 lives going after a Marine with a rocket launcher who simply aims it at the ground whenever there's trouble. It gives me great satisfaction to rip those trigger-monkeys to bits.

That being said, they absolutely own the level with the forge press thing. It's all narrow tunnels so I see them bunch up in one tunnel where they only have to decide which way to shoot down the tunnel. When you've got a motion tracker and three buddies in a tunnel, its easy to take down anyone coming down a narrow hall.

I think the predators are the coolest, but I just take too long messing with their vision, recharge,cloak, healing and trying to figure out which weapon will actually work when I pull the trigger.

Aliens are pretty simple. Jump and rippity-rip, and if you have time to heal, chomp a head off of the recent kill. My favorite is the runner, cuz it's so fast. My record frags is 75 in one game with that breed, where I don't even get half that with any other class (Marine, Predator or Alien).

What I haven't figured out is why every other player who plays the Alien runner is able to pounce about twice as far as me. They leap really high in the air AND go forward a great deal. I'm missing some sort of combo there.

Hrm...I just realized this isn't a TOB thread anymore. Perhaps we should start an AVP2 thread and continue there?
Old 5th Dec 2006, 02:26 PM   #40
Sneaky1Kenobi
Account not validated

Hi my peeps! Love to all my mates

Oh and Spidy, the ToB forums are actually still up for some reason!

Too bad I don't have AvP2.
Old 5th Dec 2006, 05:45 PM   #41
Spidey

Well color me confused. I cancelled it about a month ago and have seen it changed to a lame generic site that claims to satisfy my need for all things endarkend that my consumer heart may desire, and at the lowest prices. It appears somebody has brought it back...

Regarding AvP2, I haven't had a response for Wednesday, so I probably will be playing Neverwinter Nights instead with some friends.

Last edited by Spidey; 5th Dec 2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 5th Dec 2006, 06:04 PM   #42
Thebos

Hello S1K!

Not sure what happened Spider, but the account seems active again. I know it was off, and that going there resulted in generic webpage, but just checked- even has some new posts from members and bots alike.
Old 6th Dec 2006, 04:43 PM   #43
~CaTBuRgLaR~

S1K AVP2 is like 10 dollars right now lol anywho, Spidy, I'm up for a game whenever...

My record frag score in 30 minutes with about 15 players is 131... with a predalien, yeah the slow ones, I like 'em because they jump much further and have a stronger pounce I aim where the person is going to be and rarely miss.
Old 6th Dec 2006, 11:32 PM   #44
Spidey

so predaliens jump further than runner aliens?
Old 7th Dec 2006, 06:32 AM   #45
Machine

Friday night we're having a AVP, Sniper Elite etc... evening Thats the next time me and Fix are on at least. Check our forums for details.
Old 8th Dec 2006, 05:12 AM   #46
Spidey

Arrr! I'm closing tomorrow night. I won't be home til 9:30 pm PST. I'll find out after work if you guys are still on AVP. I'll check the TuF forums then. Guess that means I'll have to sign up.

I still need a password for that Hamtaro thingamajiggy.

http://www.hamtaro.com/
Old 9th Dec 2006, 01:02 AM   #47
Spidey

Well, it's 10 pm here and it looks like Mach!ne and Agg are in the Teamspeak Sleeping Hall. Together

I'm guessing I missed whatever gameage was on tonight, so I guess I'll have to pounce and leap without you guys.
Old 10th Dec 2006, 02:25 PM   #48
~CaTBuRgLaR~

I'm been caught up playing diablo 2 with my brother so i didn't play much avp2 obviously, so what's up???
Old 11th Dec 2006, 09:09 AM   #49
Machine

Yeah sorry guys, we are normally around 6->midnight GMT on weekdays, later (2am) on weekends. It could be that the timezones that separate us are too extreme or are just too inconvenient. I know I tend to play in the evenings only, if you guys are the same we may never see each other!

:'(
Old 12th Dec 2006, 08:15 PM   #50
Aggamemnon

I did play some AVP with fix and brother on Friday, but was not around late.

It's ready to go anytime you see me active (excusing having to finish whatever game im in).

You're mistaken about me loving marines, my favourite is by far the predator. I tend to cloak, switch to melee (typically a spear) and hunt aliens solely using the corresponding vision. Was just that lately I was getting a kick from playing the bug hunting "monkies" heh.
I had a blast with my brother playing paired aliens too (some human players seems to be botting unfortunately.) catching the sniping bastards off guard with two way tactics.

If we can get some more regular players, I'd be willing to host a Projam Mod server on a semi permanent basis.
Aggamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2006, 04:15 PM   #51
~CaTBuRgLaR~

As an alien, especially predalien, believe it or not I love playing against snipers, GOOD snipers, not noobs, because if they're good then it's an actual challenge! I love playing as a pred also, my first avp2 clan was a predator clan, those guys made me into my badass avp2 player that I am
Old 16th Dec 2006, 03:02 AM   #52
Spidey

I'll look at my schedule for my next days off tomorrow and try to figure out a good day. I'm on GMT -8 hours. What about the rest of the interested AvP2 players?

I'm kinda torn between the Predalien and the Runner breed. The Predalien has to sort of stoop to claw their enemies, but they do seem to leap MUCH further than the runners. They just move slower when they're not jumping.

I've played the survival mode, which is kinda fun. Stay alive as a marine and run to the chicken coop with the others and try to be the last one to die or get turned into an alien.

I've played life-cycle stuff too. It's fun taking people down as a face-hugger, but it's a real bummer having to go back to face hugger after having like 10 seconds as a mature alien. I do much better as a face-hugger though
Old 17th Dec 2006, 03:34 AM   #53
Spidey

I'm off Monday and Tuesday. One of those days I'll be playing Neverwinter Nights, but probably won't play very late. Maybe I can stay up killer late one of those nights and play with the UK? I just need to figure out the time difference and when you guys would be on.
Old 19th Dec 2006, 02:55 AM   #54
Machine

We're GMT at the moment so you should be able to work out the -Hours.

I'll be around this evening.
Old 20th Dec 2006, 04:32 AM   #55
Spidey

doh! I saw Agg on tonight but I didnt see you Machine. He told me about Immortius's old NWN mod, so I ended up playing Genesis. I still haven't found the damn flint rocks. I killed a rooster with my bare hands!
Old 21st Dec 2006, 08:52 AM   #56
immortius

I probably set flint to appear on a hill or something.
Old 29th Dec 2006, 05:00 AM   #57
Spidey

I checked on top of the hill cuz there's big stones up there, but so far no luck. I've got quite the collection of stems and other oddities, but I go to the monolith and it still tells me my collection is pathetic. I've got some cherry bushes going and I started a few Eucalyptus trees. I've never had so much fun avoiding starvation before
Old 11th Jan 2007, 06:57 PM   #58
monolithAU

Originally Posted by SPIDER: ( link to post ) 
...I go to the monolith and it still tells me my collection is pathetic...
Yeah, I'm pretty demanding

...and I started a few Eucalyptus trees. I've never had so much fun avoiding starvation before
Try shapeshifting to a koala and you'll find that the eucalyptus leaves give you leet buffs!!
monolithAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2007, 08:31 AM   #59
KarateKa

We have to chomp on Marines and Predators together before we can be friends/SO GAY. But I'll put my hand out so we can at least call a truce.

Got my schedule for next week. I'll be around all day Wednesday and I'm off work at 4 pm this coming Saturday the 9th. I imagine you and Cat don't have days off during the week, though Cat did say her life was the internet, so I'm not really sure there.

Does anybody else here have Alien vs. Predator 2? Maybe we could get a TUT mob going on TuF TS and overrun a server with all aliens? They'd never know what hit them

YES,LET'S DO THAT,IT WOULD BE GREAT!!
KarateKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2007, 12:09 AM   #60
-=:Tob:=- Assassin

ToB LIVES!!!

sorry guys I moved to FL and have been out of the thievery scene for a while. If anyone wants to get in touch the quickest way is prolly though myspace... yeah i know but the gf likes it and well... you know I would be foolish to resist http://www.myspace.com/0ne_3yed_1v1an

~Assassin
-=:Tob:=- Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote