• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoUie
    • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Machine View Post
    Being British I expect he does.

Actually, he'll be Scottish, but he speaks English.
    yea i know he's Scottish and therefore would spell it British. he came out like he were correcting me like there were only one way to spell the word
    .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413

Comment

• FatRatHead
      • Sep 2004

You're European after all aren't you?

Comment

• LoUie
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by FatRatHead View Post
        You're European after all aren't you?
        yes and no. im 50% european (swedish) and 50% west indian (trinidad) and i spoke both english and swedish as a kid when i just started to learn to speak. my mother has spoken english with me my entire life and ive spoken english quite much aswell, im bilingual. you?

trinidad english is pigeon english were things for us are correct which is way wrong for americans/english like grammar and stuff. thats the way we/they speak. i did have a trinidadien accent as a kid, something are still in me but living in sweden my entire life it disapears more and more and it sounds more like a swedish-english accent.

Comment

• TafferBoy
          • Mar 2003

The spell check on these forums is English (US) rather than English (UK).
          .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

• Inq
            • May 2008

Sounds like a bad idea to me. Colours in nicknames tend to look very tacky and on the F1 score sheet screen it could start to look overly cluttered, messy and hard to read if there are rainbow colours all over it. It'd be a direct contrast with the mood of the game. Everything is all sort of in a tudor setting with dark and drab colours. Blazing colours would kind of seem like an ugly mismatch of styles. All the text would best be left white so that it matches the style but the text still stands out.

Worse enough what people can do with =[~~~N0rm4L Ch4r4cterZz~~]=, dont need rainbow puke on top of that.
            This comment seems to best sum it up.
            http://rjanes.co.uk
            http://www.rpg-palace.com/

Comment

• LoUie
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by SpamSlayer
              colors changing the mood of the game? who plays thievery for the mood it has? i play for the gameplay style, and the fact that its pretty much the best game ever ;D

i don't really care about the mood of the game. a game is a game, theres one objective, win. but if colors are that important to some people then all that needs to be done is change the color scheme allowed. Theres plenty of black, browns, dark oranges, dark reds.
              hehe i totally agree man. thats why i think some ppl really are exaggerating.. the colors are Small thing with the capital S. no matter how hard i try, i just cant se that colors in nickname could interrupt the gameplay in any way. i dont really care that way if they add it or not, i just know there is in quite a few games today, and it gives a nice touch to the nickname or a guild, having your own color. im not even sure id use it in NB, but having it there is just a plus imo.

Comment

• DiP
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Machine View Post
                Actually, he'll be Scottish, but he speaks English.
                So being Scottish doesn't make you British? But being English does?
                Your order has been dispatched!

Comment

• necros
                  • Apr 2004

Since the "British" accents is simply a byproduct of american ignorance, really meaning "Recieved Pronunciation (of which no british speak bar the queen and various other horsey royalty)", i wouldnt be too offended at not being included in that dip
                  Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

• -KewlAzMe-
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by necros View Post
                    Since the "British" accents is simply a byproduct of american ignorance, really meaning "Recieved Pronunciation (of which no british speak bar the queen and various other horsey royalty)", i wouldnt be too offended at not being included in that dip
                    Why is it "American" ignorance? An Englishman & a Swede used the term "British" in this context. Leave us innocent Americans out of this... You are "Limeys" to us
                    I'd Be More Apathetic... If I Wasn't So Lethargic

Comment

• Inq
                      • May 2008

colors changing the mood of the game? who plays thievery for the mood it has? i play for the gameplay style, and the fact that its pretty much the best game ever ;D
                      i just cant se that colors in nickname could interrupt the gameplay in any way
                      I partly played Thievery for the mood. The mood is very important to a game. When there are bright, sharp colours standing out like sore thumbs (white stands out nicely) it does the atmosphere down a few notches. Keeping the drab, victorian colour keeps the credibility and the integrity of the project up. Too many colours about and things can start to look messy. It's the same for anything; games, movie, websites, whatever.

The colours would of course not interrupt the gameplay, I just personally think they would be out of place and would interrupt the mood and feel of the game.

When it comes down to it, they'd add very little to the game except a little gimmick, they'd probably go a small way to spoiling the setting of the game and would just be an extra thing to lumber onto the poor coders.
                      http://rjanes.co.uk
                      http://www.rpg-palace.com/

Comment

• FatRatHead
                        • Sep 2004

I'm with Inq on this one, it's more of a hindrance than anything. If devs want to try whether they can do it ... ok, that's all I see in it. Disturbance.
                        It's nice to see people are looking for very diverse ideas though.

Comment

• LoUie
                          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Inq View Post
                          I partly played Thievery for the mood. The mood is very important to a game. When there are bright, sharp colours standing out like sore thumbs (white stands out nicely) it does the atmosphere down a few notches. Keeping the drab, victorian colour keeps the credibility and the integrity of the project up. Too many colours about and things can start to look messy. It's the same for anything; games, movie, websites, whatever.

The colours would of course not interrupt the gameplay, I just personally think they would be out of place and would interrupt the mood and feel of the game.

When it comes down to it, they'd add very little to the game except a little gimmick, they'd probably go a small way to spoiling the setting of the game and would just be an extra thing to lumber onto the poor coders.
                          i totally agree! IF the nicknames appeared in COLORS somewhere else OTHER than the SCOREBOARD. im talking about that the colors should only appear in the scoreboard, nowhere else. so if a nickname appears somewhere else other than the scoreboard, they should appear in NONE-colors ofc, and that feels quite obvious in this type of game. so yea, i agree with you on that specific part..

and naaah, i dont think that it will reduce the atmosphere in ANYWAY if a nickname is colorfull on the scoreboard which the player himself/herself decides to emerge.

Comment

• BiG_D
                            Former Forum Staff
                            • Jan 2003

Yeah, but what if I want to see the scores?

It's a feature that adds nothing but annoyance, really.
                            It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

• Illuminus
                              • Jun 2004

Didnt Quake 3 have this? I remember some FPS that had it.. it was really annoying. People tend to overly abuse it

Comment

• LoUie
                                • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Illuminus View Post
                                Didnt Quake 3 have this? I remember some FPS that had it.. it was really annoying. People tend to overly abuse it
                                yea like you played one of those fps games very much? i think not, cause you're so wrong, they did actually not abuse it period. i didnt even do it, like i said, i just think that having it in NB would be a cool options, im not even sure id add a color in my nickname in NB.

yea it was in quake3 and a few other fps games..

BiG_D: id only agree with you if i were exxagerating to the max.

Comment

Working...
                                X