Alien Swarm 2K4 - ThieveryUT
Black Cat Games - TTLG Forums

Go Back   Black Cat Forums > Alien Swarm 2K4 Forums > Alien Swarm 2K4 Tech Help

Notices

Old 24th Jun 2004, 09:00 AM   #1
Geathaa

Question Graphics Glitches ?

Hy there,

I installed AlienSwarm yesterday and I'm experiencing some strange graphical problems. I'm not sure how to describe it or even if it is a graphical bug or just some weird implementation of the line-of-sight concept: When moving around with my marine in the tutorial mission, some map structures (i.e. fences, glass walls, barrels etc...) keep "blinking", i.e. appearing and disappearing again, but only when I move my marine. When standing still, the graphics are constant. Does anyone else experience this strange effect?

My specs: AMD Athlon 2600+, GeForce4Ti4800 with fairly new NVidia ForceWare Drivers, 512MB Ram
Geathaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2004, 07:14 PM   #2
BiG_D
Super Moderator

Well, my friend was having a problem just like this, and it was occuring in just plain UT2k4 as well. Try reinstalling the UT patch (no need to reinstall AS as far as I know)
BiG_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2004, 11:01 PM   #3
assassin

i also have a graphics problem but noone seems intrested in it...
Old 14th Jul 2004, 10:24 PM   #4
BandWidth

When things are dissapearing, it's probably because you have the No CD crack applied.

You shouldn't need the No CD crack to play the game without the CD. Try removing it and see what happens.
BandWidth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2004, 05:37 AM   #5
Tone

I've got the same problems on Radeon7500. Try a lot of video drivers: the same result. Don't know, what to do =(
Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2004, 11:08 AM   #6
Carth

Are you all overclocking? Sounds like your graphics card is overheating, that's when you can sometimes see glitches appearing.
Old 10th Aug 2004, 05:28 PM   #7
tank hunter

Location: I am not here. If anyone sees me, it is mission failed.
Actually, take a look at the video setting you have. You may try lower setting...that might help...I suppose the problem you are talking about happens in online games...cuz I have that sometimes in online games. Also, try to cool down the comp a bit as Carth said...That may help as well. Reinstalling UT2004 and/or AS only help if you messed up the configuration before.

If all do not work, You may have to reinstall some of the software and/or Windows. You may have some conflicts among the display of UT2004, AS and/or the video card setting. (I solved my graphic problems by formating the HDD and reinstalling everything... )
Old 11th Aug 2004, 06:40 AM   #8
Tone

Originally Posted by tank hunter:
Actually, take a look at the video setting you have. You may try lower setting...that might help...I suppose the problem you are talking about happens in online games...cuz I have that sometimes in online games. Also, try to cool down the comp a bit as Carth said...That may help as well. Reinstalling UT2004 and/or AS only help if you messed up the configuration before.

If all do not work, You may have to reinstall some of the software and/or Windows. You may have some conflicts among the display of UT2004, AS and/or the video card setting. (I solved my graphic problems by formating the HDD and reinstalling everything... )
Well, there is no overheating, i'm sure. Seems to be it's configuration problem in UT - but changing settings don't give any effect =\
Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2004, 11:26 AM   #9
Carth

Reformat, get new drivers, reinstall all.
Old 25th Aug 2004, 04:11 PM   #10
Preceptor_Teeth

Try a different resolution. The original Unreal occasionally had issues with the standard resolutions (640x480, 800x600, 1024x768), but worked fine with the oddball resolutions like 512x384, 720x576, 848x480, or 1152x864. I've been to a lot of LAN parties and played Unreal and most of it's variants there, and seen that intermittant flickering texture bug in almost every iteration of the engine, but switching to a non-standard resolution always fixed it for me. You might have to go into the ini files to set it to one of those resolutions though.
-John Crichton & Ka D'Argo, Farscape Ep.1x22, 'Family Ties'
Preceptor_Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote