X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoUie
    • Nov 2003

Thief 4/Thi4f (Multiplayer discussion)

Rescently saw the news about Thief 4 coming, they had forums and even a topic where they discussed Multiplayer in Thief 4.. and ofc! did 90% ~ didnt want it hahaha.. >,> The "Thief" players are really Singleplayer fans, not really any "gamers" so thats why they think that Thief 4 SP-only would be better than Thief 4 SP+MP (if the games were identicall even tho its a extra feature with MP) lol..

I really hope that they make a Multiplayer feature in Thief4.. srsly, cant like some of the BlackCat crew or something try contacting them, and talk about Multiplayer in T4 and TUT in generall, they might have a good word in on this and make it happen, this could be Night-Blades rescue.. This could be, INSANELY nice, lets try to fight for the MP in upcoming Thief 4 ffs!

I posted a matchvid from ToD when me and Shug had great teamplay to try to inspire them and se how insanely nice Thief-MP is on high level (still the best game idea EVER imo, really unique and extremely fun) if someone gets in contact with crew of T4 feel free to show them an example of one of the ToD matchvids on my youtube, i'll try to contact them myself when i get a little more time.. Peace ya'll !
    .: Infiltrator - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

www.youtube.com/user/Richard413
  • NeuroFunkeR
    • Jan 2010

let them finish Thief 4 SP first, if it's any good, why not make a addon with multiplayer later?

Comment

• Nanj
      • Apr 2005

Co-op multiplayer would be awesome, if it was done correctly.

Comment

• LoUie
        • Nov 2003

gaming in generall is developing since times passing by, so it becomes better and better. tbh, singleplayer is so 90s.. many ppl today cant se no fun in playing vs. AIs anymore. if im playing games, i want high skilled, smart, human opponents.. not some dumb AIs.. DATS, DATS WHAT I THINK!

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by LoUie View Post
          gaming in generall is developing since times passing by, so it becomes better and better. tbh, singleplayer is so 90s.. many ppl today cant se no fun in playing vs. AIs anymore. if im playing games, i want high skilled, smart, human opponents.. not some dumb AIs.. DATS, DATS WHAT I THINK!
          play UT 99 vs godlike then, can't say they are dumb and low skilled.

Comment

• LoUie
            • Nov 2003

you dont seem to get the point at all. i rather play vs. low skilled humans than high skilled AIs.. AIs will always be AIs, and like i said, SP is dieing out more and more, havent you wondered why? Theres simply no joy in playing nore winning vs. an AI.

And AIs always has some kind of AI cheat, like psychic, aimbots and stuff, so if u think that bots in UT 99 on godlike is "skilled"? then you're totally wrong sir.

Comment

• Machine
              • Jan 2003

AIs have their place is Single player games,In multi-player no substitute for a human opponent though I agree.
              ~TuF~

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
                • Jan 2010

Louie, go play MMORPG, it has multiplayer only.

Comment

• Bucchus
                  • Mar 2004

While your suggestion about adding multiplayer to T4 is interesting...

The "Thief" players are really Singleplayer fans, not really any "gamers"
                  singleplayer is so 90s.. many ppl today cant se no fun in playing vs. AIs anymore.
                  SP is dieing out more and more, havent you wondered why?
                  Just... What the frack? I can understand this sentiment if you mean like playing multiplayer games with bots, but otherwise... That's a really narrow view of things. Especially when it comes to Thief games, you *really* can't compare the story-based singleplayer games to multiplayer competitive arena stuff. Ever heard of immersion? Kind of like interactive movies? Thief SP and MP should be completely differing experiences and products.

This is like saying "hey I only like electronic music so lol who the hell even needs classical instruments or rock these days". With all respect, get your head out of your ass and think in other terms than hardcore competitive multiplayer.
                  My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

• LoUie
                    • Nov 2003

games with AIs involved is dieing out since all games (already) and in a couple of years will be multiplayer only.. Thief/TUT is a quite "realistic" game since its unique and great genre, its a perfect example of wanting real human guards in a game like this. Pulling of nice moves and snatches isnt near fun vs. an AIs standing with his back towards you not having any idea of whats going on

Ofc there will be singleplayer games aswell, but those games are really "SP ONLY" (Thief was like that but not anymore, could really be done in MP) like point-n-click adventure games, The Dig for example of all genres when it comes to SP only.

Originally posted by NeuroFunkeR View Post
                    Louie, go play MMORPG, it has multiplayer only.
                    haha still missing the point i se.. it isnt worthwhile arguing about it with you for now..

Comment

• LoUie
                      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Bucchus View Post

Just... What the frack? I can understand this sentiment if you mean like playing multiplayer games with bots, but otherwise... That's a really narrow view of things. Especially when it comes to Thief games, you *really* can't compare the story-based singleplayer games to multiplayer competitive arena stuff. Ever heard of immersion? Kind of like interactive movies? Thief SP and MP should be completely differing experiences and products.

This is like saying "hey I only like electronic music so lol who the hell even needs classical instruments or rock these days". With all respect, get your head out of your ass and think in other terms than hardcore competitive multiplayer.
                      I understand where you're going with this, sure, and i agree to a certain level.. but we're not really mixing SP and MP together here.

Thief has always been a SP game, with its cool story and stuff. They should do a SP part and a MP part.. SP is SP only, the MP is MP only (with AI bots involved or whatever like in TUT)

This type of game is shown that it works very very good in MP, and wanting multiplayer in this is no where near strange since the point of the game is hiding, snatching loot and pulling of nice steals, how fun is that vs. dumb AIs tho, no really? Thats where the part where real human guards comes in the picture, since the game idea is to a certain level realistic.

Comment

• Bucchus
                        • Mar 2004

While I somewhat more understand what you mean after that clarification, SP and MP should still have their own confines. There's one little feature in SP games I've come to rely upon tons during the last years which just isn't possible in MP: Pause.

While I enjoy playing multi often, it's not always a possibility. Singleplayer games I can put on hold and answer the phone or stop the cats from tipping over the bookcase and that sort of thing, whereas in multiplayer I get screwed or I'm stalling the game for others. I'd imagine it's even more the same if someone has kids

To the point: Thief 4 having an intensive and deep multiplayer akin to Thievery would be great (if not really probably due to being a big developer wanting maximum profits from the masses), it still should not be done by gimping the "traditional" singleplayer side. Even worse if they spend manpower to make a half-assed shallow multiplayer just because it's trendy and good for marketing, which ends up taking resources from the singleplayer side - you will end up with having both factions pissed off, SP and MP.

I don't think in the future you could replace all singleplayer games with multi as well, the majority of online gamers are simply assholes I definitely wouldn't want in my Thief singleplayer experience
                        My cats are black! How about yours?

Comment

• NeuroFunkeR
                          • Jan 2010

Nicely said, i think we've done here! This thread may be closed now.

Comment

• LoUie
                            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by NeuroFunkeR View Post
                            Nicely said, i think we've done here! This thread may be closed now.
                            While I somewhat more understand what you mean after that clarification
                            lol.

anyway Bucchus ive had the discussion with many people before about the majority of gamers beeing assholes. its incorrect. the ppl that are "for fun players" and put their time into playing games (oh! only for the fun) somewhat gets a twisted picture and looks down on ppl that plays "hardcore", its a classic clash, from my experience, i often get a sucky attitude from these "for fun/casual"-players first. i assume you might be one of those? prejudicism sucks ^^

and no, im not talking about if they did MP in T4 it will somehow "ruin" SP.. i dont really think that has happened ever.... ;P

Thief 4 SP-only would be better than Thief 4 SP+MP (if the games were identicall even tho its a extra feature with MP)
                            anyone would like T4(SP+MP) over T4(SP-only). if not, you're some kind of MP hater, and thats some kind of an exception ^^
                            Last edited by LoUie; 14 Apr 2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• Fuzzy Bunny
                              • Sep 2004

anyway Bucchus ive had the discussion with many people before about the majority of gamers beeing assholes. its incorrect. the ppl that are "for fun players" and put their time into playing games (oh! only for the fun) somewhat gets a twisted picture and looks down on ppl that plays "hardcore", its a classic clash, from my experience, i often get a sucky attitude from these "for fun/casual"-players first.
                              Actually, I tend to agree with Bucchus that there are a lot of people with bad attitudes playing online. Not necessarily a majority, but it seems that there's a minimum of one per game/server. As for the hardcore/fun aspect, everything that isn't a clan match or doesn't have anything of monetary value riding on it is being played "for fun," imo. At the absolute best, it could be considered "practice" for a more serious match.

anyone would like T4(SP+MP) over T4(SP-only). if not, you're some kind of MP hater, and thats some kind of an exception ^^
                              There are people out there that don't like to compete with others. I've got a group of friends who outright refuse to play most games that aren't co-op or don't have a humans vs. bots option.
                              Based on a true story.
                              The prequel.

Comment

Working...
                              X