X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Entropy
    • Jan 2003

Proposal: Map Specific keybinds

As mentioned before, we think MAP-SPECIFIC LOADOUTS are something we would like. But, I would also LOVE to have map-specific keybinds. This should involve ini file editing since it will just confuse a noob, but for those of us who aren't new it would be great to have one key say "Thief here at the gem!" in Folly, but say "Thief here at the library!" in Gerome, and have it say "Thief here at crypt gem!" and another key say "Thief here at the Rectory gem!" in Korman.

Also, you might choose to bind one key for catfalls in Flats, but flash in Aquatone, etc, though I think speech binds would be the most widely used.
    {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
    Contact details updated
    I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!
  • LeatherMan
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Entropy
    As mentioned before, we think MAP-SPECIFIC LOADOUTS are something we would like. But, I would also LOVE to have map-specific keybinds. This should involve ini file editing since it will just confuse a noob, but for those of us who aren't new it would be great to have one key say "Thief here at the gem!" in Folly, but say "Thief here at the library!" in Gerome, and have it say "Thief here at crypt gem!" and another key say "Thief here at the Rectory gem!" in Korman.
    Wow, that would be a huge undertaking, to say the least. Why not set your keybind to "Thief here at objective!"? That would accomplish the exact same task with just ONE keybind ...
    No Linux, No Choice.
    Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

• Entropy
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by LeatherMan
      Wow, that would be a huge undertaking, to say the least. Why not set your keybind to "Thief here at objective!"? That would accomplish the exact same task with just ONE keybind ...
      Firstly, no it wouldn't. The syntax would be along the lines of a Select...Case statement.

[code:1:c428c398d8]BindSelect "GreyStar"
      Th-Grange = "whisper Thief in dining room"
      Th-Spider = "whisper Thief on ramps"
      Other = "whisper Thief nearby!"
      End[/code:1:c428c398d8]

Secondly, in a number of maps such as Spiders you don't have a single objective. With this you could have binds to comment on each of the switches, or the keys, or the apartments, that in Gerome would change to reflect each of the barracks, the noblemen's quarters, the library. As a thief they would say 'going for library', 'going for north barracks', 'going for south barracks', and so on. There would be much more flexibility with this system, and if managed as above it wouldn't be too hard to implement, but be kept out of the way so as not to confuse new players.
      {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
      Contact details updated
      I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

Working...
      X